Print Thread
T
Toomi8 Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
T
[Linked Image]*

A group of kids attending a boarding school escape after consuming 'smart stuff.'

Courtney Peldon, the actress who portrayed Amy Valdez, won an Young Artist Award for Best Youth Actress Guest Starring for this episode.

- Favourite moment/quote of the episode?
- Fanfic, media or artwork recommendations based on this episode?
- Any plot bunnies you'd like to set free?

*Banner by CarrieRene

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Favorite moment:
When Lois gets all mushy with Amy Valdez.

Quotes:
CAT: I love a well traveled man. They broaden my horizon. – LOIS: Assuming that’s possible.

LOIS: What a jackass
LOIS: You took advantage of a privileged interview situation to grab potentially incriminating evidence from an unsuspecting subject. Oh I love that

PERRY: 'Scatter.' Elvis' pet chimpanzee. Poor little guy. Drank himself to death.
PERRY: You have a nose for news.

Details:
Lois carries her groceries (from Metro Mart) down the street to her apartment building. She either does not yet have a car or must park down the street. Her shopping contains Ramen noodles, frozen Lasagna, tomato sauce, bread, apples or red peppers.

Clark mentions Borneo. “I’ve done some fascinating work there preserving the natural habitat of the native Orang Utan.”

The Daily Planet has a new conference room table

12 million people in the city of Metropolis.

Lex does not have a problem with the vivisection of children

The plants in Lois’s apartment make their first appearance. There’s a lot of them. She may be subletting to a Ms. Pamela Isley.

While looking for the kids, Superman turns his head to look in on the baseball game playing below. And at Minute 25:30 we get a cropped-out shot of the Empire State Building.

Clark fills beer bottle with apple juice to fake beer while on mission.

Plot bunnies:
Lois decides to continue playing foster parent. She needs to provide a stable home with two parents. Clark volunteers, platonically.

Lex has a masseuse, ‘Helga’. She’s German (East German?) Is she related to the German maid in Honeymoon in Metropolis?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
T
Toomi8 Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
T

Smart stuff looks like cough syrup... I almost gagged watching them shoot it back dizzy

My sister fell down the stairs this week, just like Lois did, except she broke an ankle. Lois is very lucky!

My favourite scene is the same one I want to nitpick at. When Clark is talking to the smart kids on the prehistoric webcam goofy
- why does he replace beer with apple juice? Why not just have a beer?
- why does he present himself as a slob? While the intent is misdirection, it's perhaps a little too far. Doesn't quite need the dirty clothes on the couch, and I'm sure something other than a housecoat and boxers could be worn?
- what's with the ping pong table? Is this the only time we see it? Was it common to have ping pong tables in houses?

Interesting that Lex takes care of the doctor himself. Normally wouldn't he have his minions do that? Also, he flipped the funnel around and put it on the doctors head like a dunce cap.

The second girl never speaks in the episode... oh no, she has one line.

John Shea's facial expressions while Lex is being threatened by the one kid are fantastic. What a great actor!

Plot bunny.... what if Lois had seen the kids chalk before they scribbled it out?

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard