Print Thread
T
Toomi8 Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
T
[Linked Image]*

Lois goes undercover at a nightclub with Clark, to Lois' chagrin, also going undercover later.

Credited as 'Toaster #2' is David DeLuise who has an impressive filmography. Acting in series such as Stargate SG-1, CSI, CSI: New York, CSI: Miami, Gilmore Girls, 3rd Rock From The Sun and appearing in films such as Robin Hood: Men in Tights. Also appearing is Audrey Landers as 'Toots' who spent 8 years on Dallas, and is a professional singer, studying music theory at Juilliard.

- Favourite moment/quote of the episode?
- Fanfic, media or artwork recommendations based on this episode?
- Any plot bunnies you'd like to set free?

*Banner by CarrieRene

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Favorite moment:
I must say, the flirting Lois and Clark are showing, outside of their undercover work. In particular at the end, when Lois teases Clark about how she was not jealous (while she totally was).

Aside from that, we have another blonde Toni who is in bed with Lex. He sure has a type.

Plot bunnies:
Virginia already did a great job with the episode during Wrong Clark. I think there’s some more stuff in there with Toni Talyor having a business master and smashing the glass ceiling two seasons before Mindy Church.

We also have the heavy flirting and very inappropriate behavior the Daily Planet staff is exhibiting. Jimmy teases Lois about her sexy outfits, Clark slaps Lois’s bottom, and going back to earlier episodes, Cat’s shameless come-ons to Clark and Lois kissing Clark with tongue to maintain their cover. This workplace is kind of different than anything outside of a movie set I’ve ever seen. There’s either a sexual harassment seminar waiting in the wings or a lot of fun should they ever be exposed to pheromones.

LOIS (dressed in a very short costume): I’m first and foremost a professional and would never do anything to compromise my safety or the integrity of my work.
LOIS: he’s a man, I’m a woman. Do you want me to draw you a diagram?
LOIS: You rotten back-stabbing piece of slime
LOIS: You'd like to think that, wouldn't you? Me, home alone, in a schlumpy bathrobe, crying into a tub of Rocky Road. In your dreams Kent. (And there is some heavy eye contact)

JIMMY (about Lois’s waitress uniform): Professional but naughty, I like it.

PERRY (regarding an impossible task): You ever try to milk a steer.

LEX (to Lois): Passionate. Sultry. Seductive

TONI TAYLOR: You are a dangerous man, Lex. I never realized how dangerous until now.

CLARK: You know, sometimes, on a team, the person carrying the ball gets hemmed in and she has to hand off to another member of the team who's in a better position to score. – Next thing we know, Toni shows up, offering him a chance to score.

Details:
Another mention of “Lex Communications News” (Lex Com News)
“West River” as a neighborhood in Metroplis.
“Metro Gang” as a known crime family.
First time Clark uses heatvision to heat his coffee.
Lois and Clark are partnered on another story.
Charlie King as Clark’s alias.
Lola Dane as Lois’s alias
Lois can sing.
Clark tells Lois he doesn’t trust Lex.
Lois is jealous of Clark with another woman (Toni), and admits it to herself.
Rocky Road eaten straight from the tub makes its appearance.
Lois shows she will use sex-appeal in undercover work, giving Cat a run for her money.

Episode-specific details:
Toni Taylor isn’t intimidated by her brother or his gun play.
Lex directs Lois to Toni Taylor as the source of all troubles in West River.
Clark slaps Lois’s behind while they’re under cover.
Lois would prefer a fleeting moment of passion over getting exposed.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
T
Toomi8 Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
T
Sorry, I'm super behind at the moment. I will get to the previous week at some point!

The beginning reporters has a microphone that says 'Lex News' if I've caught that right? Not LNN?

The way Lois struts on the stage to begin her 'interview' suggests she's aware of her sex appeal... I often think of Lois as being unsure of her own sexiness, while being incredibly confident in so many other aspects of her life. I wonder if that's from me reading too much fanfic...

I spent way too long trying to pause at the right moment to see if the double bass had strings... at first glance it didn't look like there were any!

Is it Teri singing? I think so... found a YouTube video of her on some American Idol special here.

What would have happened if Lex hadn't shown up when he did? Lois is drowning her emotions in a tub of ice cream, realizing that she's jealous of Toni with Clark. Lex shows up and stops her wallowing, distracting her. Imagine how different that would have been if Lex hadn't shown up...

Lex mentions that he managed to get all the land he needs for Lex Harbor. If we estimate the time using the episodes airing, and going by Lex's statement that he wants to break ground by the following month, that would leave November to May to build. How much do you think was built before Lex died?

Having Niles Crane flashbacks with Lex putting a hanky down to sit on.

You can't just 'blow storms' to a location... It's silly, there's so much about this show, and Superman as a whole, that's completely impossible, but some of those impossible things drive me nuts. This is one of them (same with the lightning and thunder at the same time!)

Favourite scene... I love the scene where Clark is kissing Toni and Lois is watching. If she really had no feelings at all for Clark, she wouldn't be phased at all and would be focused on getting out of there unnoticed. Again, I think this is fanfic messing with me, but Clark is portrayed as unsure in so many of the fics. He's clearly very confident with Toni!

I don't have a favourite quote and I'm quite sure I've sent a few bunnies loose in this so far...

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Toomi,

I think I can answer a few of those (also check out my book report smile1 ):

The beginning reporters has a microphone that says 'Lex News' if I've caught that right? Not LNN?
Lex Communications News (usually called "Lex Com News") was introduced in the pilot and is a fixture in Season One. Am waiting for the switch to LNN, though.

The way Lois struts on the stage to begin her 'interview' suggests she's aware of her sex appeal... I often think of Lois as being unsure of her own sexiness, while being incredibly confident in so many other aspects of her life. I wonder if that's from me reading too much fanfic...
Lois does indeed vamp it up whenever she needs to and has done so since the Pilot when she first approached Lex. There's another scene in Witness (I think) when she wore a short short skirt to interview a famously womanizing scientist and never forget her latex halter top in Wall of Sound in Season 2. Am trying to remember the fanfic details, but from the show, Lois has absolutely no problem with being a woman enticing a man and to be more precise, the one difference between Lois and Cat is that Cat a) is more than a tease and b) is up-front about it while Lois tried to keep her under-cover work separate from the office to project a more professional image (and there's so much Double Entendre in here). She only has a problem dating men she works with and probably trusting men in general. Will need to see how Season Two goes after Wall of Sound.

Is it Teri singing? I think so... found a YouTube video of her on some American Idol special here.
Yes.

Favourite scene... I love the scene where Clark is kissing Toni and Lois is watching. If she really had no feelings at all for Clark, she wouldn't be phased at all and would be focused on getting out of there unnoticed. Again, I think this is fanfic messing with me, but Clark is portrayed as unsure in so many of the fics. He's clearly very confident with Toni!
No, Clark is not the innocent little boy in Season One. And that slap on Lois's derriere?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard