#293260 10/11/22 07:46 PM
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Part of the difficult conversation of how to move forward and what needs to happen…

Chapter 19
TOC found here

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Features Writer
Features Writer
Wow.

Perry is epic.

And the plan they've formed is awesome. Can't wait to see how it plays out, though it will no doubt be rough.

I wonder who Clark will get help from exactly.

Looking forward to more.

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Clark is getting professional help. Was about time. I loved the awkwardness between Clark and Perry. Yay for the chief to allievate at least some of Clark's fears.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I'll be back with more later, but I just had to comment on this:

"There are other things to consider," Martha added in, gently.

They all turned to look at her. It'd been him and Lois arguing for ten minutes now and his parents had been all but silent.

"Everything you told us, honey...you're going to need help, professional help. A trauma therapist, maybe someone who works with combat veterans, PTSD." Martha looked at him and he could see the anguish in her eyes, knowing everything he'd been through—the pain he'd wanted to spare them but hadn't been able to.

"You're not going to find one in Smallville, son," Jonathan said. "And these things don't just heal on their own, no matter how much love you're surrounded by."

Yes! Yes yes yes yes yes! Thank you, Jonathan! And thank you, Sara! This is excellent! Consider me completely appeased!

So far, anyway.

Okay, back for more. Wonderful chapter. Absolutely terrific.

My favorite clip:

"I'll do it," Clark said, his voice quiet but his tone firm.

They all turned to stare at him, the room silent but for Kallie's whimpering. Clark stood and went over to Jonathan, taking Kallie gently from his arms. He cradled her in his arms and rocked her gently, running his fingertips over her soft cheeks, and she quieted.

"How can I not?" he asked, looking at everyone in turn. "She deserves to live in a world with Superman. So how can I not do everything I can to be okay again?"

I can only imagine the courage this required. Clark is willing to face all the horrible things that happened to him on New Krypton - and all the horrible things he had to do to survive and win. It won't be easy - and that journey would indeed fill up another entire tale - but it will be worth it.

Lois is amazing. She's incisive, decisive, and determined to see her husband healed. And she's right that Clark can't be in Metropolis without helping as Superman. Her idea that Clark's cover was that he was on New Krypton with Superman is brilliant, as was Perry's decision to let the Super-baby rumor die a natural death. Terrific setup for the next story - The Return of Lois and Clark. Oh, yeah, Superman will be there too.

I have a question, though. Don't they need to get married legally? (if they already are I missed it) Most states nowadays disallow what used to be called the "common-law" marriage, a marriage without benefit of clergy or a license. Without that legal framework, it would be more difficult for Clark to have responsibility for Lois' and Kallie's medical care, and for Lois to be involved in Clark's therapeutic treatments in any meaningful manner. But I'm sure you'll take care of that little niggle very soon, probably in the next couple of chapters. Right? Right?!

I'm looking forward to the end of this one and the beginning of the next one.

Last edited by Terry Leatherwood; 10/12/22 08:14 AM. Reason: add second section

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Originally Posted by Blueowl
Wow.

Perry is epic.

And the plan they've formed is awesome. Can't wait to see how it plays out, though it will no doubt be rough.

I wonder who Clark will get help from exactly.

Looking forward to more.

Yay!!! I got SO much help on these last two chapters, so I’m glad the first one pans out so far!

Originally Posted by bakasi
Clark is getting professional help. Was about time. I loved the awkwardness between Clark and Perry. Yay for the chief to allievate at least some of Clark's fears.

Poor Clark had quite a bumpy road! Yes, Perry and Clark was interesting to write! I’m glad it played out well!

Originally Posted by Terry Leatherwood
I'll be back with more later, but I just had to comment on this:

Yes! Yes yes yes yes yes! Thank you, Jonathan! And thank you, Sara! This is excellent! Consider me completely appeased!

So far, anyway.

Oh, good!! I’m very glad to hear it works for you! smile

Originally Posted by Terry Leatherwood
My favorite clip:

"I'll do it," Clark said, his voice quiet but his tone firm.

They all turned to stare at him, the room silent but for Kallie's whimpering. Clark stood and went over to Jonathan, taking Kallie gently from his arms. He cradled her in his arms and rocked her gently, running his fingertips over her soft cheeks, and she quieted.

"How can I not?" he asked, looking at everyone in turn. "She deserves to live in a world with Superman. So how can I not do everything I can to be okay again?"

I can only imagine the courage this required. Clark is willing to face all the horrible things that happened to him on New Krypton - and all the horrible things he had to do to survive and win. It won't be easy - and that journey would indeed fill up another entire tale - but it will be worth it.

Lois is amazing. She's incisive, decisive, and determined to see her husband healed. And she's right that Clark can't be in Metropolis without helping as Superman. Her idea that Clark's cover was that he was on New Krypton with Superman is brilliant, as was Perry's decision to let the Super-baby rumor die a natural death. Terrific setup for the next story - The Return of Lois and Clark. Oh, yeah, Superman will be there too.

I have a question, though. Don't they need to get married legally? (if they already are I missed it) Most states nowadays disallow what used to be called the "common-law" marriage, a marriage without benefit of clergy or a license. Without that legal framework, it would be more difficult for Clark to have responsibility for Lois' and Kallie's medical care, and for Lois to be involved in Clark's therapeutic treatments in any meaningful manner. But I'm sure you'll take care of that little niggle very soon, probably in the next couple of chapters. Right? Right?!

I'm looking forward to the end of this one and the beginning of the next one.

1. Yes! SO much courage! (Which kinda makes me wish I’d used the “Watching him do the bravest thing Superman had ever done.” later on, because it’s exactly that… he’s being so brave in surviving and facing things!

2. Yes, Lois is amazing and just what he needs! Part of what I love most about L&C is that they need each other so much in different ways, and they somehow manage to be the strength that the other needs when they need it. love

3. Do they NEED to get married? Eh, there are probably legal reasons but nothing immediate that comes to mind as necessary (since I’m not going to injure anyone, lol). WILL they get married? TOTALLY. Just not gonna tell you when or how. <G>

Thank you ALL so much for the wonderful feedback! Last chapter coming up soon!!

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard