Next Thread
Print Thread
A
AnnieM Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A
Well folcs, that's the end. Thanks for coming on this journey with us. We hope you've enjoyed it. There is a third story in the series planned, but it is far from finished and I don't have an estimated release date for that. Thanks so much for reading and especially to those readers who left comments and feedback along the way. It means so much to know that you were enjoying it and were invested in this version of the characters and their lives. I hope it lived up to your expectations, and I hope you'll keep an eye out for the final story in the trilogy once it's complete! Thanks again for reading!

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
Top Banana
Top Banana
This was so wonderful. Thanks for sharing it with us. Looking for to part 3, whenever it may land.

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
What a beautiful ending to such an epic story. Looking forward to part III

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
This is beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. Thank you for showing us the hearts of Lois and Clark as they have grown together and reached out for each other and entwined themselves around each other.

But their story is not finished.

I join the raucous chorus of those FOLCs demanding the third chapter. I'm sure you'll have some A-plot mixed in with the romance, and I'm also sure that it will take a back seat to their love story. And now both Clark and Lois must work out together where they will be together. Clark is more than welcome at the Planet, but Lois is more than welcome in Smallville. Clark has a career waiting for him in Metropolis, but Lois has a life waiting for her in Smallville. Clark has a future using his powers openly, and Lois has a future supporting him in that endeavor, irrespective of their mailing address. Clark is having an impact on the entire community of Smallville right now by bringing everyone closer together and encouraging all those to whom he speaks, while Lois has made a crater-sized impact on Metropolis by bringing down Lex Luthor and pushing the citizens of the city to do far better.

It's a dilemma.

Which location will they choose? For that matter, which life will they choose? They can have the super-speed high-pressure big results at the Daily Planet. Or they can have a laid-back gentle and life-long ministry helping young people grow up and become responsible adults. Both of these options have pros and cons.

What is their future? That surely will be the main theme of the next story. Not just the wedding, but where they will live and what they will do when they get past the vows.

I can hardly wait to find out.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Wow, just wow. This is such a beautiful story. Thanks so much for writing this. I, too, am waiting for that third chapter.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Thank you for a beautiful story! It was fun to read and became my happy place, something I desperately needed. This has been an awful month for me and having this to look forward to was a lifesaver. I adore this version of Lois and Clark and watching them meet and fall in love in this universe has been an absolute joy.

You brought Smallville alive with the inclusion of so many wonderful original characters like Clark’ students and Sophie and Caleb. Sophie and Caleb are precious and I can’t wait for their sleep over. I also liked how you made Lana such an important and good friend to Clark. He needed her and Pete in his life. Logan in this chapter was a hoot! Mrs. Coach indeed! Clark’s note to Lois at the end made me teary eyed!

Lois and Clark will have a tough decision about what they do with the rest of their lives. I wouldn’t be surprised if they choose Metropolis and the Daily Planet but in will be hard for Clark to leave Smallville, his job, his students and his extended family. He’s been instrumental in shaping so many young lives. I know however you resolve their dilemma it will be be spot on and I can’t wait to see what happens but I’m hoping a certain man in blue appears.

Thank you for writing and sharing this universe with us! Like everyone else, I can’t wait for the next story! I love this universe!

Features Writer
Features Writer
Wonderful story. Really enjoyed it. From our favorite characters to minor, one scene characters (like that little boy in the store lol), all were great and made the story so much more ^_^
And the depth and layers of Lois and Clark's feelings to one another ...so awesome sloppy

Can't wait for the third installment!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The late November morning air was crisp, but the sky was sunny and last week’s snow had melted, making the world look warmer than it was. Clark buttoned his coat and watched as Lois bundled up in a hat, scarf and gloves. Once she was ready, he opened the front door for her and waited as she walked through before walking through himself and locking the door behind them.

He held his hand to the small of her back as they descended the front porch stairs. At the bottom, he dropped his hand, and she turned immediately and wrapped her hand around his arm, smiling up at him. His heart fluttered, still overwhelmed by his good luck.

They strolled down the three blocks to the town square, chatting about the weather and other inconsequential things, and Clark was acutely aware of how much he loved this – the normalcy of spending time with her, doing everyday things.

Clark is so right. The normalcy and routine of life is so very sweet. It grounds everything they have been through, making life richer and more meaningful. Ahh, young love! These two are so contented being together! Who needs Superman? They will float on their happiness! twins

“No, no,” she said. “You don’t have to reschedule. They’re really looking forward to it. I told Sophie she could pick the movie. She was agitated because I told Caleb he could help make the French toast. Something about him making a big mess last time.”

More of the normal and yet quite special. These youngsters truly love their uncle and having Lois be the one to remember and insist upon not canceling is an indication of how much she has become part of Smallville life. Especially with the Ross family. As they spend more time together, Lois will fall so in love with the kids that taking them off Lana and Pete's hands every once in awhile will become second nature. It is so refreshing to see them interact with folks outside of work... and I don't mean snitches, Lucy or Henderson. The folks of Smallville are worlds away from Lois' life in Metropolis which makes it really difficult to even speculate on where they as a couple with end up living!

“No, we are making apple pies, four of them. It’ll be fun,” he said, pushing the cart down the aisle and continuing to add various fruits and vegetables in more reasonable quantities to the cart.

She looked at him skeptically. “You really need to get out more if that is your definition of fun.”

“Oh, hush. You’ll see.”

Oh for goodness sakes! Cooking is fun Lois! Ask Uncle Mike! I figure by the time you get the tenth apple peeled you'll know how some of those tricky kitchen devices work! laugh

Finally, I have been reading LnC fanfic for a very long time. This story ranks with some of the greats! Thank you for making a hectic summer where I spent too much time in airports infinity better by allowing me to set foot in this Alternative universe. Looking forward to the final book. Man, am I hoping for a wedding! Ta da da da!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
I know traditional wisdom is that you can't have a compelling story without conflict and resolution, but I've encountered the rare proof that this is not necessarily the case. The stories that break that glass ceiling and soar. This is one (two?) of them.

It is joy on top of joy piled with joy, smothered in joy. It is mindblowingly good, and I don't say that lightly. I think I've only used that word to describe something 3-4 times in my life, including this. The intensity of angst is common. When we are buried in our own sorrow, I think it can be easier to write it, and there is so much sorrow in life to draw from.

The intensity of joy seems to be incredibly rare. Perhaps because we don't feel compelled to capture and explore it when we are in the middle of it. Perhaps just because it is rare indeed. I've been trying to learn what it is and how to pursue it for a long time, and even so it is rare in my own life. Stories like this help me connect with it and remember what it feels like, and renew my dedication to pursuing it in my own life.

Thank you.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This was a sweet conclusion to this story but it definitely leaves a taste for more. There's still so many things to considerate: their relationship is on track, but and about the other aspects? Clark could fly to Metropolis every day (or night) but nobody could see him. Moving to Metropolis means that he would have to leave his students, his friends and Lana's kids behind. Spending weekends on each city would be tough, too. Whatever decision they take it's not going to be an easy one. I'm looking forward to how they are going to concile their lives together.

Thanks for coming back with this story. I'll be waiting for the next chapter of their lives.

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
S
Blogger
Blogger
S
I loved both parts of this story. Definitely looking forward to the next part (whenever that may be). I'm a sucker for playful banter and you delivered.

L
Blogger
Blogger
L
A fantastic end to a truly fantastic story. The best stories always leave you wanting more, and I definitely want more. I hope to see the third part someday!

L
Blogger
Blogger
L
Woooooowwww!!
What an incredible story!!
So beautifully written, I loved how you really took the time to explore the development of the relationship, and all their experiences along the way.
I loved how you played at the reveal, and I also really loved the chapter devoted to their trying out flying together.

L
Blogger
Blogger
L
Thank you so much for sharing your time and talent, this was a truly marvelous story!

Blogger
Blogger
I have been absolutely glued to my screen in every spare moment for days now, I love this writing and I love the more grown up version of Lois, and this AU version of Clark's life is just so fitting to him. Also, I will absolutely admit to shamelessly loving all the "Clark charms and amazes everyone" parts in particular.

This AU is so incredibly rich in detail, too. I wouldn't say that it "bugged" me in the show because I'm sure there were budget and time reasons and we got such an amazing show so I'm not complaining. But my headcanon was always that Clark/Superman did a lot more stuff like.. hero-ing in other countries, traveling, assisting scientists in deep sea exploration, help finding endangered species, fundraise and raise awareness for everything imaginable, just.. there's such an incredible breath of things to do. And I think in this story we got to see the Clark version of this- the way he helps his students, his football team, his friends, his family.. you know, not in the big-heroic-feat ways but in all the little and big ways that make a difference.

Is it me, or is there foreshadowing for the development of the Superman persona happening, if there's a next part? hm? hmmmm?

A
AnnieM Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A
Originally Posted by LauraHex
I have been absolutely glued to my screen in every spare moment for days now, I love this writing and I love the more grown up version of Lois, and this AU version of Clark's life is just so fitting to him. Also, I will absolutely admit to shamelessly loving all the "Clark charms and amazes everyone" parts in particular.

Thank you! I'm so glad you enjoyed it so much. This story is very much my love letter to Clark Kent. I had just finished writing Come to Me (which was my love letter to the show -- reimagining the arc of their relationship later in life) which specifically dealt with the long-term results of the trauma they went through on the show. And when I was done with that story, I really just wanted to write a world where Clark got everything he ever wanted without having to go through years of trauma. So I gave him a life that was simpler and quieter, but also full of so much love. And a world where he got to meet Lois not as an adversary but as an equal.

Originally Posted by LauraHex
This AU is so incredibly rich in detail, too. I wouldn't say that it "bugged" me in the show because I'm sure there were budget and time reasons and we got such an amazing show so I'm not complaining. But my headcanon was always that Clark/Superman did a lot more stuff like.. hero-ing in other countries, traveling, assisting scientists in deep sea exploration, help finding endangered species, fundraise and raise awareness for everything imaginable, just.. there's such an incredible breath of things to do. And I think in this story we got to see the Clark version of this- the way he helps his students, his football team, his friends, his family.. you know, not in the big-heroic-feat ways but in all the little and big ways that make a difference.

Is it me, or is there foreshadowing for the development of the Superman persona happening, if there's a next part? hm? hmmmm?

That is absolutely the plan for the final installment in this series. It will be much shorter than either of these sections. More of an extended epilogue. It centers around the creation of Superman, and how differently Clark might approach his creation in world where he is older, more mature, and in an established relationship with Lois, who is an active participant in his creation. I spent a lot of time thinking about that when I was writing this, even though it wasn't part of this story. It's definitely a story I want to tell. But I'm honestly not sure when I'll be able to do that. I've been focused on writing original fiction this year, and fanfic has taken a backseat. I'm sure I'll be back eventually. After all, I reappeared after a sixteen year break to write Come to Me. wink

Thanks again for reading and leaving feedback. It makes me so happy that people are still finding this and enjoying it!

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard