Columnist
A
Did you see that coming? Clark definitely didn't. wink

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Wow! I did not see that coming! I was hoping he would tell Lana and Pete but all he’ll need to do now is fill in the blanks. I can’t wait for that conversation. I’m also glad that Clark knows that they fully trust him with the kids.

Martha and Jonathan are the best! They love Clark so much and only have ever wanted what’s best for him. They are protective but they’ve always needed to be because of how they found Clark and what he can do. He must have “inherited” that protective streak from them.

Thanks for making me smile and my heart happy with another amazing chapter! I can’t wait for more! I’m very excited for Lois and Clark’s visit with Martha and Jonathan and their conversation with Lana and Pete! I love this story and universe!

Top Banana
Top Banana
I have to say that this is certainly in the running for my favorite chapter so far. Pete and Lana knowing probably for years about Clark and if you think about it, they were so close growing up (the babies) how would they not have figured it out. One of the things I love about this story are the little things like Travis being so worried about Lois. It takes a lot of work and time to craft a complete world like this. We get jaded by TV series and even movies that quickly blow through life in an effort to get the 'important' story out there missing the things that make life well life.

Things are definitely changing in Clark's world and definitely for the better.

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Merriwether
Merriwether
I must admit, this was the chapter I was most eager to see reactions to. Clearly we were excited to see what you all thought of the Lois revelation, but everyone was expecting that one. This one likely caught you off guard, but I'm hoping you love it as much as we do! love

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
I love it as much as you do! Thanks for sharing this world with us! It’s one of my happy places.

C
Kerth
Online Content
Kerth
C
I did suspect that both Lana and Pete knew more than they let on. I’m glad that it’s all out in the open now and that Lana was there to comfort him she really is a good friend.

Glad that Jonathan wasn’t too hard in him about revealing his secret to Lois. While he didn’t reveal that Lana and Pete knew his secret, it wouldn’t surprise me if they know that they know.

Last edited by Crazy_Babe; 08/19/22 08:08 PM.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
Features Writer
Features Writer
Well, I'm glad no one saw me while I was reading this. I would rather avoid having to explain why it looks like I'm about to cry....

Anyway, I really enjoyed this chapter. I think it might be my favorite so far. And man, tearjerker. I was right there with Lana when he wanted to make sure she knew he would never hurt her kids whinging

Looking forward to more!

T
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
T
Great chapter, ladies. Very touching. And not as surprising a revelation to me as you might have hoped. Pete and Lana have known him for too long not to suspect something, and now that Clark knows that they know he'll be even more comfortable around them - especially after Pete hugs him and tells him that he has trusted Clark as long as they've known each other.

It also makes me wonder who else knows - or at least suspects. Maybe Clark has a larger circle of protectors than he knows.

The conversation with Jonathan and Martha was poignant. They love him and want to support him, but they're nervous about anyone else knowing about the inhuman things he can do. They'll have to learn to trust Lois, but it won't be hard because she's already proven that she loves Clark and will protect him from the world.

Maybe the best part of it is that Clark will have one more reason to use his abilities openly. After all, Pete and Lana have known about him for years and they trust him to keep their children safe. Plus, Lana has been busting his chops over Lois the whole story and treating him like a regular guy, and she wouldn't act like that if they weren't true friends.

Wouldn't it be great if Lois and Lana joined forces to convince Clark to become Superman? The irony would completely disgust Tempus, of course, but who cares?

I'm also looking forward to more. And to the blue-and-red-and-yellow (trademark) Suit. Up, up, and away!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
A
AnnieM Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A
Thanks so much, everyone! We were so excited to post this chapter. We're glad you loved Lana's surprise as much as we do.

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
That was a lovely chapter. I'm glad that Clark has someone else to confide in. I absolutely loved how Lana offered him the comfort he needed.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
No, I definitely did not see that coming! What a powerful and extremely well-written chapter. Lana has proven to be a dear friend of a very high and rare value. She has known Clark all of her life and is aware he is a good, kind man. The very fact that she (and possibly her mother) have kept this secret is proof positive of that fact. In the world of Lois and Clark, Lana is one character I have never really liked, even in this universe she has been a little hard to take. Now, I understand and appreciate her completely. Bravo!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
A
AnnieM Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A
Originally Posted by Morgana
No, I definitely did not see that coming! What a powerful and extremely well-written chapter. Lana has proven to be a dear friend of a very high and rare value. She has known Clark all of her life and is aware he is a good, kind man. The very fact that she (and possibly her mother) have kept this secret is proof positive of that fact. In the world of Lois and Clark, Lana is one character I have never really liked, even in this universe she has been a little hard to take. Now, I understand and appreciate her completely. Bravo!

This makes me so happy. I have done my share of hating Lana — I even wrote a whole story back in the day that completely maligned her. So I understand being wary of her even in this story. But this Lana is really special to me. I wanted this to be a world where everything was different — and better — for Clark, including having wonderful, supportive friends. Lana’s character just evolved naturally and I’ve come to love her so much. I’m so glad others are falling for her charms as well.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard