Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
bakasi Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Well, you asked for it. I don't think it's the howl you're hoping for, but hopefully, you'll like this hangover anyway.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Hungover Clark is totally my new favourite thing! Not quite what I was expecting, but credit to Lois’ quick thinking! Reading Jimmy and Jack’s cures for hangover was hilarious

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
clap clap clap

I love it!! It was a howl and a half! I love the tabloids and the cartoon and the stupid song, and Lois's coverup for Clark's condition! All of this fic was pure gold!!

Thanks so much for this! smile1

~•~
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Oh my. I'm laughing so hard I'm gasping for breath. rotflol

This was one of those rare beasties: A sequel that was actually far better than the original. And given how good the first story was, that is really saying something.

I love how you turned the "How mad are you" line from the show on its head. And you do make a compelling case about why Clark might be mad at Lois.

I've never been hungover from alcohol, but twice in my life I have been dehydrated to the point of experiencing what I imagine a hangover would feel like. You've captured that wretched feeling well, while still imbuing the story with a lightness and humour. And the "Drunken Sailor" filk was just icing on the cake.

Brava!

Joy,
Lynn

Features Writer
Features Writer
Hilarious! I also really loved the reversal you did ^_^
And protective Perry was perfect. I was grinning the whole time I read.

And then the song he was over hearing.... rotflol

Poor Superman, the next few weeks on rescues are going to be awkward I think.
He might need to make a statement or something to clear this up.... (a sequel to the sequel? :P)

Anyway, enjoyed this!

Top Banana
Top Banana
Such a great follow-up to the original story! I was a bit at a loss for the first few paragraphs, not totally getting the connection between the Red Kryptonite and the hangover (just slow I guess). Once I connected the two I could not quit grinning. I agree it was not particularly a howl but a really nice story, although I loved the reversal on the 'how mad are you' bit. That was a real hoot.

I guess I was a bit annoyed that you ended it where you did unless you have another follow-up planned, lord knows there is plenty of fodder for a couple of more chapters, but all in all a great story of all of Clark's friends looking out for him.

Mike

Last edited by Mike M; 08/05/22 07:17 PM.

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

bakasi Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Mike M
I guess I was a bit annoyed that you ended it where you did unless you have another follow-up planned, lord knows there is plenty of fodder for a couple of more chapters, but all in all a great story of all of Clark's friends looking out for him.

I agree that this could have been much longer, but well - it was a real struggle keeping the conversation light. And the last line seemed like a half- decent punch line, so I decided to go with that gut feeling. Sorry for annoying you. sad

And the "Drunken Sailor" filk was just icing on the cake.

I was this close to removing the "Drunken Sailor", because I wasn't quite sure if it wasn't too much. I had another song from ABBA, but I couldn't tweak the text quite right.

Yeah, his super trouper beams are gonna find you,
Lex is feeling blue,
When Supes looks right through you.
And somewhere in a jail sits you.

I'd say that's a bad case of "Reim dich oder ich fress dich" (Rhyme or I will eat you)

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Very clever. I love the different take on this scene - Clark's reaction to red Kryptonite and Lois not being angry with me. Nice job!

Joan

P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
This follow up does not disappoint! Just like the first part, it was absolutely wonderful. Still gets my vote for one of the best HoL fixes ever!

party

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Barbara!

The squeal! hyper What a wonderful surprise!

trying to spli his
/psst, 'split'

A sledgehammer seemed to hit Clark square on his forehead, pulling him from sleep.
Lois shouldn’t kiss his head this early in the morning.

What was he doing in his bed?
LOIS: Why would I take Clark into my bed. I mean, when he’s drugged. I mean, when his unable to *do* …stuff while in my bed.

But why was his head hurting, then?
Romulan Ale that jimmy had bought. It’s the real deal. Green and glows in the dark.

Clark realized that someone was knocking at his door.
Oh. Hmm… is Lois playing innocent?

He fought against the wave of nausea sweeping through him and scrambled to his feet, this time more careful to avoid another ax attack.
Maybe an intervention committee to help him face his drinking problem?

He was wearing nothing but a shirt and boxers.
How did he get changed?
LOIS: angel-devil Officially, I didn’t look.

It wasn’t just Jimmy waiting on the outside. Perry and Jack were right behind him.
Yep. Intervention.

he realized with a start that - to top it all off - he wasn’t wearing his glasses.
Yeah… not an issue.

Perry's voice was laced with concern. “You’re all right, son?”
They expect he was on a bender since he had disappeared two days ago.

He tried to put a smile on his face and pretend that he wasn’t feeling like he’d been hit by a truck.
So, pretty good, then. But I am worried for the truck.

NIGHTFALL: wave

“You look like something the cat dragged in…”
CAT: He may look cute sober, but I don’t do drunk. Too messy. No fun.

“...played with and chewed on, just to spit out the bones later,” Jimmy finished the sentence and quirked his brows.
CATWOMAN: Batman really needs to hide his Kryptonite better. Whip with Kryptonite inlays is just too much fun when going up against the Boy Scout.

I believe I’m getting a good booze just from standing near you.”
Am trying to remember: Did Lex empty some cheap liquor onto Superman?
LEX: That would be undignified. I don’t own cheap liquor.

How was Lois fitting into the picture? Had he been at her wedding after all?
I’m starting to wonder if she’s still in his bed, sleeping off her own hangover.

As Clark envisioned a glass of red juice, his brain rang another blaring alarm. He shuddered.
laugh red laugh

“Then try my Spinach Smoothie,” Perry suggested. “Works like a charm.”
clap

Clark frowned. “What’s the meaning of this? Superman would never x-ray someone’s clothing.”
laugh That’s what he took from this? There’s not even a similar picture of the bride in her undies, shrieking as she tries to protect her modesty. It’s just Lex who’s a bit denuded?

“Oh, he totally did!” Jack smirked.
Right. :Laugh: Now I remember laugh He was unfit for the wedding night, was what I took from it.

“Lois is here. She wants to see you.”
Okay, so not in bed next to him.

"Why, Superman of course. Clark has parents, went to school, got a driver's license and a degree in journalism, all just so you could call him a hack from Nowheresville and hand his heart right back to him."
Ouch.

How should he deal with her now when his head hurt, his beard was growing inside his mouth and his thoughts were so sluggish?
LOIS: Does he really think I want to deal with another drunk?

Give him out thanks
/psst/ our

“That was me. I drenched you in alcohol after you’d passed out on your bed. I thought it would keep Perry and the others from wondering why you were hungover."
rotflol

She sat her cup down and shifted her position. "Okay, I guess the first question is: how mad are you?"
jawdrop

If he was having hallucinations, they sure were persistent.
Perhaps Lex made a clone of Lois? One more docile.

"If we absolutely do need to have this talk now, the least you could do is stick to the script."
rotflol

“ I knew about Luthor, because I am Superman. I had an advantage no one else did, and I didn’t use it very wisely.
Yes, but Lois was his companion for many months. She had all the access that his most personal assistants coveted. And she squandered it all for a Benz convertible.

LOIS: Hey, there’s no documentation I ever slept with the creep!

Now every thug and his dog will be after you, to get Superman to do their bidding.”
Superman could spread the love around a bit. He's done with Lois and on the rebound.

And now we’ll never find out if we could love each other.”
Nah…

“Now that you say it out loud - does my reasoning always sound that jumbled, or is that just because of my hangover?”
So adorable! Thanks for giving us the morning after clap Those questions on the Discord channel also mare much more sense now laugh

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
bakasi Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks for the feedback, DarthMichael, PennyLane and ScifiJoan. So glad you liked this sequel.

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful, great fun.

Framework4
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
I had read the first one but I had missed this!!

I love it! Poor Clark and his headache! The silly song lol And Lois saving the day, taking care of him, making such a good confession! The ending was great!!

I enjoyed this so much, thank you for sharing!! love

What we've got here is failure to communicate...

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard