Next Thread
Print Thread
A
AnnieM Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A
Everyone missed Clark so much yesterday -- here he is, and he's a hot mess. But at least that means we don't have to wait for Thanksgiving for them to be reunited. wink

Last edited by AnnieM; 08/05/22 09:14 AM.

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Oh, poor, poor Clark. I wonder if he'll make it through the day. Maybe he could pretend to start smoking and dash back to Metropolis in those five minute breaks?

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Martha and Jonathan are both right when they concluded that Clark was being completely irrational in wanting to tell Lois his secret. Martha is also right to say that he shouldn’t just rush into telling Lois the truth when he is acting in such a manner as it does have the potential to backfire. Of course we all know what happens when Clark let’s his overprotective nature take over from everything (who can forget the break up with you for your own good saga).

Would be interesting to see how he handles teaching his classes and coaching when he’s this distracted.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
What Clark is doing is extremely unhealthy. Even if Lois knew his secret already and was fine with it, she would not put up with this level of obsession.

I'm sure we'll see a wake-up call soon!

Last edited by AmyPrime; 08/05/22 04:33 PM.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Good grief, I was WAY behind in reading. Finally caught up and can't wait for next week. laugh

I love how you haven't shied away from them having disagreements/conflicts because every relationship has them, though I'm also glad you resolved them fairly quickly.
As the saying goes, never go to bed angry.

Anyway, I agree with both Martha and Clark. He needs to tell her sooner rather than later but he needs to tell her calmly. He can't be all worked up because then she'll be more scared about his behavior and not really process what he's saying---or at least it would complicate it all I think.

Well, I really hope she handles the truth well and that Luthor is captured soon!

C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Originally Posted by AmyPrime
What Clark is doing is extremely unhealthy. Even if Lois knew his secret already and was fine with it, she would not put up with this level of obsession.

I'm sure we'll see a wake-up call soon!

I completely agree with you AmyPrime. Even when she found out the truth about Clark in the series, she never did like it when Clark tried to smother her no matter how well intentioned it was. Clark when worried about Lois’ safety always acted irrationally.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
I don't like to see Clark in the stressed out, overprotective mode either. But, it's easier to understand in this situation versus what occurred in say, the episode where he broke up with her "for her own good." That was just dumb!! razz

In this case Clark is the only one who actually knows for a fact just how close Lois came to being killed. She likely would be dead if he had not caught those bullets! I would have a hard time leaving someone I loved too; especially knowing I had the super powers to protect them.

Now sharing the secret..................I hope he can take care of things in a way that allows him to do that in an appropriate way and at the right time!

Anxious to see how this plays out! Annie & Kathy, I'm counting on you to work your magic! wink

A
AnnieM Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A
Thanks everyone!

Poor Clark really is at his wit's end.

Originally Posted by Penny_Lane
I don't like to see Clark in the stressed out, overprotective mode either. But, it's easier to understand in this situation versus what occurred in say, the episode where he broke up with her "for her own good." That was just dumb!! razz

In this case Clark is the only one who actually knows for a fact just how close Lois came to being killed. She likely would be dead if he had not caught those bullets! I would have a hard time leaving someone I loved too; especially knowing I had the super powers to protect them.

Yes! Even if his actions in this section aren't ideal, we know he is struggling because he knows the danger was/is real. Also, something to keep in mind when thinking about this Clark and his reactions, is that he has no experience with this. He hasn't spent years moonlighting in tights. He doesn't routinely catch bullets or swoop in and rescue Lois from the jaws of death. This Clark is a sweet, innocent teacher from Kansas. He hasn't had years to hone his skills or build up a thick skin when it comes to seeing the woman he loves in jeopardy. He isn't just going to roll his eyes and mutter her name as he rushes off to save her yet again. He's terrified and overwhelmed by the idea of someone shooting at her.

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This Clark is a sweet, innocent teacher from Kansas. He hasn't had years to hone his skills or build up a thick skin when it comes to seeing the woman he loves in jeopardy. He isn't just going to roll his eyes and mutter her name as he rushes off to save her yet again. He's terrified and overwhelmed by the idea of someone shooting at her.

When I first read this chapter I thought that Clark was being very protective. But after reading the above it makes perfectly good sense. Yes, he has seen some terrible things which backpacking through some pretty rough areas, but he has never been face to face with the real possibility that the woman he loves might get killed. The man is scared witless and without years of experience behind him, Clark is stumbling. Scary, but I know the poor man, with the help of his friends will get make it through....

This story keeps getting better and better! In my mind it is in the same category as Raconteur's Road series. thumbsup

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard