D
Please leave feedback for part 7 of A Dangerous Mind

Part 7

Index for Story

Not all those who wander are lost.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hooray! Welcome back Daytonagirl!

It is wonderful to see you are continuing to write this story despite the many challenges RL has thrown at you!

“Oh God.” Is all Lois can say. All hope that Lara had been taken care of suddenly vanishes. She remembers how crazed Jason Trask had been when he was pursuing his insane conspiracy theories. To know that the organization that spawned him was behind Lara being taken from them is devastating. “I thought that they had disbanded after Trask died.”

Mom Lane is going to be that much more powerful than Mad Dog Lane ever was!

They hadn’t been watching for Mariah to be developing any superpowers, as Clark himself hadn’t developed any noticeable powers until he was nine. But what if she had been developing her telepathic abilities and was able to establish a connection with her older sister. Zara, in explaining how the telepathic powers worked, had stated that the connection is normally strongest among family. What if the mixing of genes of Earth and Krypton had caused the girls to develop a tighter bond? Could those night terrors have been Mariah experiencing some of what Bureau 39 had been doing to Lara? If only Clark had questioned Mariah more, could he have saved Lara from that pain? Could they have had Lara safe, at home, with them, years ago? The emotional pain caused by that thought is equal to a red-hot sword being plunged into his heart magnified the wounds that had been inflicted today. Clark idly wonders how many more emotional wounds he can endure. Surely, there had to be a limit to the number of emotional stabs to the heart one can receive before it proves deadly.

It is a pity Clark could not spend more time with the New Kryptonians in order to understand his native people. That knowledge might have been immeasurably helpful to them as a family.

But instead of the scrape, Clark’s attention is drawn to a scar on the inside of Lara’s wrist. At first glance, it could be dismissed as a burn scar; something that had happened when Lara accidently touched her wrist to a hot surface. But looking at it closer, Clark could see that it wasn’t something that had been done by accident. It had a deliberate pattern. In which he could make out the symbols: “B39”. Seeing that symbol, boldly branded on Lara's wrist solidified Clark's resolve. He will do whatever it took to make sure these monsters never hurt his family again.

Lara has been through a long traumatic experience. It will take love, hope and most of all understanding for her to grow into the person she was meant to be. Bureau 39 beware.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
I've just read all 7 chapters and I'm a bit overwhelmed. To borrow a phrase from the L & C series, “This is a lot to take in!” I don't think I could deal with this kind of trauma! But I am hooked now. So, I hope RL gives you a BIG break so you can devote some time to continuing this very promising story. smile

Although the story is dark and hard to think about, it feels like you offer us hints of hope as the progression of it unfolds.

For example, you've done a good job showing us just how strong this young Lara is. She is certainly the daughter of Lois & Clark in that respect. And the previously established and secret telepathic connection between the sisters was a fascinating twist. I wonder why Clark never felt that? You've also shown us that both Lois and Clark are devastated; but there are also signs of just how resolute they are about seeking justice for their daughter and providing the supportive family she will need to overcome what she has suffered. And finally, Lara's commitment to willingly sacrifice herself to keep her family safe. There is already a bond forming within this family that foreshadows the courage and strength that will be necessary to fight this battle that is forthcoming.

Daytonagirl, I am keeping my fingers crossed that you already know the end of this intriguing tale. And your plan is to balance the darkness with warm rays of light; and that good will definitely triumph over the evil that Bureau 39 has inflicted on this family. grovel

Thanks for sharing your work with us. I look forward to more! thumbsup

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard