Next Thread
Print Thread
#288878 05/11/21 12:45 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Story is Here.

FDK goes here. laugh

I originally got hung up on the question of how Lois and Clark would manage once the powers fizzled out. Frankly, that could be an epic on its own, and I don't think I'm the one to write it. If anyone feels ambitious, though, I'd love to see someone else's take on it. smile

~•~
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
I like this little vignette. I always wondered what would have happened if Clark hadn't regained his memory in time. Nicely done!

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Interesting fic! Really makes you think about the "what ifs" that could have been. Thanks for giving me something to ponder this afternoon!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi Queenie,

What a delight (and an honour) to see you joined me in my playground. smile

I loved this fic. What a tonic to have a bright counterpart to my evil story. My especial favourite part was the super-ventriloquism. (And in case anyone is wondering: Yep. It's a thing. Superman really did use to have super-ventriloquism.) Close behind, though, was that it was important to remember that nobody yelled hysterically at anybody. I can imagine how Lois made sure that that part got into the story: The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

Now what will happen when the Lane/Kentians meet the Luthorites? After the initial fights, I mean, once they settle into whatever manner of coexistence arises.

Joy,
Lynn

p.s., There is a Tempus-level irony in the fact that the issuer of the “evil challenge” upon which I based my story was the one to wrote a decidedly non-evil counterpart to it.

Last edited by Lynn S. M.; 05/15/21 11:21 PM. Reason: Added post script.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Queenie, all I can say is BRAVO!! clap

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I'm awful at feedback, so I'm making an effort to fix that.

My favorite line is:

And the most important thing,” he recited, “ the one part of the story that we all must remember and pass down from generation to generation is that nobody yelled hysterically at anybody.

I'd imagine Lois was the one who made sure this part was in the tale. Excellent, Queenie. Really good.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Nice story! I really like the storytelling idea. smile

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Mary! Still working through a massive backlog…

The Great Dawn
Great title, considering the gestation story in the A/N

The couple at the center of the festivities seemed to particularly shine.
Date? Wedding?

“As the father of the groom, I will be telling the story today,” Jake replied.
Wedding.

She was a nice enough girl, as far as outsiders went, though she was still unused to their traditions.
Intrigue! Did they buy her from a far away village?

As the oldest living member of the clan, he told the story every year, save for a few special occasions.
From the title I would say sequel. But there’s no more teachers/school but rather a tribal setting. So, either they are in the Mid-West or society has declined since the toppling of the Lexology.

There were millions and millions of buildings, and people taller than the trees.”
Nice flip between building and people.

A smattering of laughter broke out among the crowd. “Other way around, Jake,” said Pops.
Oh. Really? Oops. I would have taken it!

“This was our ancestor, Clark Kent.
/cocks eyebrow/

Okay. Right. Lex censored the first attempt and they didn’t know Superman made it back. And they are a long way from the Lexology.

“Luckily, one of his friends found him: the beautiful Lois Lane. She was the bravest and cleverest woman in the entire world,” Jake recited
So, she didn’t figure out he was Superman – something even a dolt from the future was able to do – and she decided not to go and be save with Wise Lex. That’s what they call ‘clever’?

“yet even she did not know that Clark Kent was Superman.
Ohhhhh…The “cleverest *women*” in the entire world. Just not more clever than Superman. Duh!

LOIS: mad Yes, he was so clever, he managed to get 7 billion people killed because he felt like it’s a good idea to NOT tell me the truth.

Some survived by hiding under the ground. One of these was Wicked Lex.”
rotflol So, the colonies know of each other and well enough so they can reference each other’s mythology. Hmm…the last time there where groups of people who adhered to different mythologies, their Wise Men decided that war must be waged upon one another because each side holds the single most sacred truth.

Many of the outsiders are descended from his people.”
Ah, I see. So we have a large group of Lexendents and a smaller group that’s descended from Lois and Clark. They rarely intermingle, so you have one population group that stems from an all-father and his many wives and a second group that stems from a father and a mother.

the one part of the story that we all must remember and pass down from generation to generation is that nobody yelled hysterically at anybody.
Huh, what now?

Pops nodded approvingly.
Given they’re one family, does this mean Pops is like Craster, only he doesn’t make his sons into sacrifices to the Great Other?

Jake went on. “Soon, Lois became pregnant with their first child: a daughter.
But…but…they’re not married! And there’s no lifting of the curse confused

CURSE: They’re stuck on a world filled with dirt and ruble without another human soul to see. I think my work’s done.

Shortly before the girl's birth, the darkness in the sky finally broke, and the sun rose again for the first time!
Ooooh! They called her Dawn?

and finally saw the Great Dawn.”
Aww, they made their daughter a Queen clap

He was never sure how much of the old myth was true; maybe it was only a “just so” story to explain why odd giftings tended to pop up in their bloodline,
With both this story and Lynn’s original, I so get a Babylon 5 Episode 4x22 vibe, when the monk-ranger told his story of Saints Delenn and Sheridan.

Great companion piece, Queenie! Thanks for picking this up again clap

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi Michael,

Wow... Having anything of mine in any way shape or form being compared to Babylon 5 may well be the highest praise I've ever seen. (Of course, most of that praise is, by rights, for Queenie, since she is the one who came up with the alternate, alternate future.)

Queenie, thanks again for a fun, bright sequel to my anything-but-bright original story. smile

Joy,
Lynn

P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
After Michael’s feedback prompted me to read Lynn's Lingering Night, I just had to checkout your companion piece.

Brilliant storytelling Queen of the Capes! notworthy

In this AU future, were you implying that the world Lex ruled (in Lynn's story) was still a faraway part of Jake & Pop's world? Intriguing possibilities.........

The boy's new bride smiled nervously. She was a nice enough girl, as far as outsiders went, though she was still unused to their traditions.

He was never sure how much of the old myth was true; maybe it was only a “just so” story to explain why odd giftings tended to pop up in their bloodline, and why they lived so far apart from other people.

Thanks for sharing this fascinating tale. It is outstanding.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Lynn,

Wow... Having anything of mine in any way shape or form being compared to Babylon 5 may well be the highest praise I've ever seen.
Aww, you're welcome!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard