Columnist
A
More newsroom cuteness. He seems awfully at home. wink

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
*melts* I love the newsroom cuteness! Clark definitely has impressed Perry, Jimmy and Diana. He deserves all the praise. I hope his dream comes true and he gets to relocate to Metropolis and work with Lois. If Luthor isn’t caught before Clark has to leave, Clark is not going to be happy. I can’t wait for the next chapter tomorrow! I love this universe! Thank you!

P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
WOW! Clark Kent to the rescue! And he never left the ground! And did you mention a fan club president for a Metropolis chapter! party

One more question for the creators of this marvelous tale. Is he home?

When we were in Smallville, it felt plausible that Lois could easily become a member of that charming community. Because Clark simply couldn’t leave. Now it feels like she is an absolutely essential part of the Daily Planet. And Clark’s destiny is waiting for him there with Lois.

Annie and Kathy, what a conundrum!! And it’s like an invisible presence in the midst of all this wonderfulness—this magical, happy place; waiting to manifest itself somewhere down the road.

I know, I know. You planned it this way! wink I’m just thankful to know this is your “happy place”. So, I will enjoy the journey; knowing this story has more than one possible happily ever after outcome. clap clap

C
Kerth
Kerth
C
He definitely is in his element here! Love seeing him mentor Jimmy and build a great rapport with him. Obviously they all appreciated the help. Keep up the good work!

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
Merriwether
Merriwether
Originally Posted by Penny_Lane
When we were in Smallville, it felt plausible that Lois could easily become a member of that charming community. Because Clark simply couldn’t leave. Now it feels like she is an absolutely essential part of the Daily Planet. And Clark’s destiny is waiting for him there with Lois. ..... I will enjoy the journey; knowing this story has more than one possible happily ever after outcome.
You hit on a theme that we've discussed EXTENSIVELY in our brainstorming. Because it's a given, right, that Clark Kent belongs at the Daily Planet; the show has told us so! But this isn't the Clark from the show, who left home at 18 and never returned for more than a few weeks at a time in between college and traveling adventures. On the show, Smallville was his childhood home, but never his adult home; he was always on the move, always unsettled and searching, until he found Lois and Metropolis. Yet this Clark has built an entire independent adult life in Smallville outside of his childhood, a life he's happy with. He's a grown man with a job he enjoys, a house he's personally renovated, good friends to socialize with, and a very close extended family with the Lang/Rosses. Yet now he's not only fallen in love with someone from Metropolis, but he's also gotten a glimpse of his dream job, the fantasy he thought was out of reach.

And Lois definitely sees how settled Clark is in Smallville, and how lovely the people are there and how well they've treated her. Could she make a life there? She'd be giving up her job, yes, but she'd be gaining an entire extended family full of love and acceptance, something she's never gotten from her own family, something she's always craved. How does one weigh the trade offs when both outcomes have such strong advantages? Knowing that both paths could lead to happily ever after makes their decision both easier and more difficult.

(Which is all a long-winded way of saying, yes, it's a deliberate story point, and Lois and Clark will eventually have some big decisions to make. smile )

A
AnnieM Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A
Originally Posted by KathyB
Originally Posted by Penny_Lane
When we were in Smallville, it felt plausible that Lois could easily become a member of that charming community. Because Clark simply couldn’t leave. Now it feels like she is an absolutely essential part of the Daily Planet. And Clark’s destiny is waiting for him there with Lois. ..... I will enjoy the journey; knowing this story has more than one possible happily ever after outcome.
You hit on a theme that we've discussed EXTENSIVELY in our brainstorming.

(Which is all a long-winded way of saying, yes, it's a deliberate story point, and Lois and Clark will eventually have some big decisions to make. smile )

A deliberate plot point I may have shed actual tears about. wink Yeah, extensively is definitely the right word for the amount of brainstorming and discussion and debate that went into that plot point.

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Yeah, extensively is definitely the right word for the amount of brainstorming and discussion and debate that went into that plot point.

It shows. The reason the reader can tell that Kathy and Annie spent LOTS of time and effort on this point is because the reader doesn't notice it until deep in the story. You two have managed to pique the interest of your readers and involved them in the characters so intimately that the main conflict (how will they resolve this romantic conundrum?) sneaks up on the reader. We don't quite realize it's there until the ramifications of the conflict appear - will they stay together, who will move to join the other, and when will they cross that pesky threshold of intimacy? This is the main dramatic conflict in the story, and y'all never slapped us in the face with it! You made us find it ourselves, and it's quite a brilliant strategy. You have take the "show, don't tell" precept of storytelling to an exquisite precipice of tension. In face, I daresay the readers are experiencing more tension than the two main characters.

Not only is this a sweet love story that quietly and gently demands to be embraced and cherished, it's a master class on writing. Brava to both of you! [Linked Image]

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard