Print Thread
A
AnnieM Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A
So...there might be a little more A plot in this story. eek

But how cute is Clark in the newsroom? It's like he belongs there or something.... wink

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Whoa you and Kathy definitely pulled no punches with the A plot of all the things I had thought up, it definitely wasn’t Luthor’s prison escape.

Love seeing Clark hard at work in the newsroom and helping Perry and the rest of the team at The Daily Planet out.

Keep up the good work both of you! thumbsup

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
Top Banana
Top Banana
Perry's going to hire him on the spot! I love the setup, Clark is going to be even more helpful if Luthor shows up...

Last edited by Mike M; 07/20/22 09:22 AM.

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Thanks for another wonderful chapter! I wasn’t expecting Luthor’s prison break. Hopefully Clark impressed Perry. Clark in the newsroom is very cute! It was sweet of Martha to make Lois birthday brownies but the fact that they were still warm, will further set Lois to thinking. I can’t wait for another chapter tomorrow! For the next several weeks, I’m not going to mind the weekend ending since I’ll anxiously be awaiting your Monday posts! Thanks for a terrific fic!

Merriwether
Merriwether
Also, just a little "inside baseball" tidbit about the story ... when Perry directs Clark to use the desk of a reporter who is out that day, that's most definitely Clark's desk from the show. smile

P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
I suspected that might be the case with Clark’s desk. Nice touch! thumbsup

I was surprised at the “little tornado” that Clark walked into at the Daily Planet! help But it gave him an opportunity to gain a new group of adoring fans as he confidently and capably tackles real live journalism! On Lois Lane's turf no less. A little taste of the job of his dreams? wink

And Luthor on the lose while Clark is visiting? I didn’t see that coming!
You have set the stage for an interesting and most likely very exciting visit for L & C! dance

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I didn’t know this was being posted yet, so I was so pumped to see 3 parts already! Of course, I devoured them all in record time, even though I told myself I just had time to read one (hahaha, that was a good one).

I do not know how yall are making this one even better than the first story (which was AMAZING) but somehow, it’s even better. The longing to see each other, the birthday magic and Lois slowly starting to see how some things just don’t add up… and then he’s here finally, in the newsroom, where he totally does belong. And then just when I'm all wrapped up in how cute they are, suddenly lex is running loose in the city? Interesting. You know Clark is going to go into protective mode, so I’m thinking he forgoes his hotel (was he going to stay in one? I missed that. Might have to reread. Anyway.) and stays with Lois in her apt (just to make sure she’s safe, of course). and then we can have late night run-ins in the hallway, tensions all over the place, and then Lois can see how fab it would be to have Clark sharing her life.

Ooh. Wait, just had another thought. Maybe Sheldon bender knows something… or a judge that put Lex away (or whatever reason they had to go to that boat in The Phoenix bc it’s been so long since I’ve seen it, lol)… and Clark can go on his first stakeout with Lois and they can have their almost-first date like in the show. I’ll take this Lois and Clark ending up on the couch again and that sweet walk/carry to the bedroom. So many possibilities there!

All right, I’ll get my mind off ways do get them making out and get back to the story <g>. I love that Clark gets to watch Lois in action, and I love how Perry gives him a job to do to help out… and he fits just right, editing, writing, and helping jimmy. You guys did that so well. And then you weave in the moments - like the skirt conversation - that are sexy and fun and make everyone grin… it’s that tightrope of a-plot and b-plot, and you are walking it perfectly.

So excited to get to part 4 tomorrow! Thanks for the daily posts!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Clark stood frozen, watching her rage. She was stunning. Breathtaking. And a little scary. He was glad he wasn’t the target of her fury.

On the phone raising major havoc and trying to contact the Chief of Police, the prison warden, and write up 13 inches on an airport story! Lois Lane totally in her element and completely in control. Get used to it Clark! goofy

She hesitated, then sighed obviously resigned to the fact that she had to tell him. “Luthor escaped.”

It took him a minute to process the words. Luthor. Lex Luthor. Had escaped. From prison. Lex Luthor, the cold-blooded psychopath whose reign of terror in this city had been ended by his girlfriend, was on the loose and unaccounted for. An icy fist of fear clenched around his heart, and his grip on her waist tightened.

Aha! Our favorite nut burger billionaire is out of prison and desperately trying to get back into his element. I was wondering when he was going to step into the story. Talk about 'A' plot! Love it! Squeal!!!!!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard