Print Thread
A
AnnieM Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A
mecrymecrymecrymecry

Such a sweet visit, but all good things must come to an end.

Side note: Still tent camping with my three kids. Yesterday we survived triple digit temperatures and a three-hour-long thunderstorm. Also, today is my birthday -- let's hope today is a little less dramatic. One more day of camping and then back to a more regular posting schedule. wink mecry

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Happy Birthday, Annie.

Thank you for a wonderful chapter. I want for Clark to stay in Metropolis, too. They make such a nice couple. Can't wait till they see each other again? Can't he claim that his flight was cancelled? What if it actually is? Would he check?

Come back with more

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Happy birthday, Annie! Thank you for giving us this present on your special day!

Lois isn’t the only one with watery eyes. Clark leaving was sad! They are too cute to be separated. That’s going to be a long month. I love how you have the little nods to the show, like Clark bringing dinner from China. I can’t wait to see how everything works out. I love this universe!! Thank you!

S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
Lois is such a girly girl here. Clark is really going to leave all that girly goodness for a month?

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
Your "slow burn" strategy just got a little warmer over this long weekend! thumbsup

But this "happy place" sure feels a bit sad right now. sad

Hope you are having a great birthday time out with your kids!

C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Aww love seeing Lois completely turn to mush around Clark and it’s too bad he can’t use the ‘my plane’s snowed in’ excuse like he did in Seasons Greedings. He totally wants to stay and not be incommunicado for a month. Waiting in anticipation for the next part dare i hope he stays instead of going on to Malaysia?

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I hope your birthday was far less dramatic, too! Thanks for giving us a present on your own birthday… this part was the best (but don’t I say that about every part??)

Love that they ditched the art gallery for a movie marathon on the couch. I immediately thought about the prankster ep, so I loved seeing the ‘wild man’ conversation in there (and “Pete says that I should get a motorcycle..” ha, that made me giggle. That was great.)

You def satisfied my need to see Lois’s thoughts about their kiss - undercover kisses are always fun, but now I want the real thing!

Great call back to the Chinese food and then to their first date with the feeding of the duck. You weave all these little moments together so well.

The whole time I was dyyyyyyyiiiiiinnnnnggggg for them to kiss, but it actually makes is much sense that they wouldn’t just yet. Lois is being Lois and still trying to friend zone Clark and they both understand the distance between them. Let’s hope Clark is grounded (somehow…. Who’s got the Kryptonite?? lol ) and stays in metropolis.

Eager for the next part!!

A
AnnieM Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A
Thanks for all the birthday wishes! One more day of camping, and then I'll be back to real life and will have time to reply to comments individually.

So glad everyone enjoyed this chapter as well as yesterday's. This visit to Metropolis is one of the first things I envisioned when I started thinking about this story, and I had so much fun weaving in all the references -- from the paava leaves to the movie marathon.

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I burned dinner while reading this chapter.

Ted is going to our local Deli to get sandwiches...

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
Hey Morgana, sounds like you have been spending too much time with Lois Lane! rotflol

(P.S. Lois would definitely approve of some good takeout! help )

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
LOL! The sandwiches were delicious! Hot pastrami on Rye bread for him and a Turkey with Swiss cheese for me. Hmmm, maybe I should burn dinner more often? whistle

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Merriwether
Merriwether
LOL! Now that's a compliment! lol

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard