Print Thread
#292142 06/18/22 10:18 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi FoLCs,

I don't think this has been done before, but we did have the occasional story where H.G. Wells wasn't the most innocent bystander...

Main-universe H.G. Wells realized at some point, that without Alt-Clark losing his Lois, he wouldn't be available to help out main-universe Lois and Clark during their crossover adventures. So, why wouldn't Alt-Clark help out Lois and Clark? Well(s), this tracks back to the fork-in-the-road theory and without Lois disappearing in the Congo, this universe would not have been created and no Alt-Clark would be available to assist Lois and Clark. Anyhow, now that S4 Lois and Clark are safe and sound, Wells could return Lois to the future in the timeline. Or maybe Lois and Clark find a hint about what Wells did. Or Tempus has an inkling and lets things slip, possibly in an attempt to thwart Lois and Clark by saving Alt-Lois and Alt-Clark. Who knows, it's comedy of errors in the making.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Features Writer
Features Writer
This is an interesting premise, although I'm challenged to wrap my head around the timeline. I've always assumed that the two universes split either before or at the latest when Alt-Martha and Alt-Jonathan died. I may be missing something, and freely admit I'm not up on split universe fiction theory. If the universes split when Alt-Lois was lost in the Congo, wouldn't the universes be identical up until that point? Would the difference in the two Clarks' childhoods need to be explained? I can see Tempus going back, if that's possible, and adjusting Alt-Clark's childhood to suit his own evil plan. I wonder if that would create at least one more universe. Although Tempus might enjoy having multiple universes to play in. dizzy

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

B
Beat Reporter
Online Content
Beat Reporter
B
I have to agree to that, at least when his parents died there were differences. Also, there are other things different, like Jimmy having basically the opposite personality, Elvis still alive, etc.
That said...we never find out what happened to Wells and Tempus of THIS universe...

Up, up and away - to the next fanfic.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Darn it, yes, I missed that Clark's parents had died, too.

Okay, so, first Wells had to create a new universe by kidnapping Lois. Then, Tempus had to kill Martha and Jonathan. Why, hmm... good question. He needed to re-introduce Lois to get to Superman, so that's not it. dizzy Dimensional time travel dizzy

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard