Print Thread
A
AnnieM Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A
Reunited and it feels so good... wink

Last edited by AnnieM; 06/13/22 11:37 AM.

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Psst: Isn't this chapter 14?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
A
AnnieM Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A
Originally Posted by Terry Leatherwood
Psst: Isn't this chapter 14?

LOL. Apparently I can't count. Thanks for the heads up!

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Together again. This is so great. I can hardly wait for what is going to happen next.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
I was screaming ‘kiss her’ the whole time. Waiting on him to completely change his plans and stay in Metropolis instead of going onto Borneo

Last edited by Crazy_Babe; 06/13/22 04:54 PM.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
I'm with you Crazy_Babe! He can secretly fly to Borneo any day and visit with his friends.

Or, my other preference would be to convince Lois to take some of that vacation time off and go with him! But that's probably not likely.

C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Originally Posted by Penny_Lane
Or, my other preference would be to convince Lois to take some of that vacation time off and go with him! But that's probably not likely.

Works for me Penny_Lane!

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
I’m so happy they are together again. I wish Clark was staying longer. I can’t wait for tomorrow and to see what happens next! Thank you!

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
One of these days I’m going to write proper fdk on a proper computer, with quotes and those cute lil emoji things and all the rest. But alas, today is not that day and I’m again typing this on my phone in the dark, hoping the light doesn’t wake my husband up and waiting for the baby to cry because I am actually doing something for myself for a minute, lol.

Annnnyyyyway, back to the reason I’m here - I so loved this part! I loved the last part, too, but I didn’t have a chance to leave any fdk, so this’ll have to count for both parts! I loved that she gave up a sure front page assignment just to talk to him… she’s getting in deeper and she doesn’t even know it yet! I was so excited about Clark stopping by metropolis on his way out of the country that it did not even occur to me that he was making that up because, duh, he can fly there without an airplane… I was way too caught up in the fact that they were going to see each other again.

Adores Martha in this part - you guys write her so well! I can hear the excitement in her voice and catch the twinkle in her eye when she talks to Clark about Lois. I can also hear Jonathan’s concern, more S1 because there is no Superman yet to hide Clark’s powers. Will something happen while he’s in metropolis where he’ll have to rescue someone (maybe Lois?)? Will she still give him the idea to be Superman, even though they aren’t working together (yet?)

And finally, the reunion we’ve all been waiting for… boy, was it perfectly written. My heart was in my throat and my eyes were devouring the lines in the page as fast as they could! It was the right amount of awkward and shy, with that hint of longing from both of them. I love thT she reached out and hugged him first! Are we going to get any of Lois’s pov in the next part about what she thought when she saw him again? I’m dying to know!

I was giggling at the fact that Lois’s city driving apparently is the same in any universe, lol. Cute addition of the “farm boy” line, too! I did not see the Allie Dinello sports Italian place coming - was all that info from the S1 ep with the boxers and Sam Lane? It has been so many years since I’ve seen that ep that it’s a little fuzzy. I do remember the line about Lois having forgotten more about sports than he ever knew - that’s from the ep, right?

The scene at Met tower and their conversation was also really well done. I loved the line about how they both had different responsibilities but struggles under the same weight. That’s them in a nutshell and what makes them work so well together. Aww. I love them. And cuddling under the stars overlooking the city, and it’s only their first evening together?? I’ll take more of that, please!

So looking forward to seeing what comes next… especially interested what’s going on in Lois’s head! Can’t wait for the next part!

A
AnnieM Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A
Originally Posted by traceylynn
I was so excited about Clark stopping by metropolis on his way out of the country that it did not even occur to me that he was making that up because, duh, he can fly there without an airplane… I was way too caught up in the fact that they were going to see each other again.

True story...when I wrote this scene and sent it to Kathy, she sent back some long rambling question about his connecting flights and I wrote back and was like.... you know there are no connecting flights right? BECAUSE HE'S SUPERMAN

And we laughed for like three hours

(Don't worry, Kathy won't mind me making fun of her. She has plenty of her own ammunition against me. Just wait until Clark has to use a payphone.)

Merriwether
Merriwether
Originally Posted by AnnieM
(Don't worry, Kathy won't mind me making fun of her. She has plenty of her own ammunition against me. Just wait until Clark has to use a payphone.)
ROTFL! There were many times we laughed ourselves silly over this story, but connecting flights and mysteriously free payphones that can be found on any Metropolis street corner are indeed two of them. Or the time I called this a "Human AU" even though this Clark is most definitely still a Kryptonian. lol

Features Writer
Features Writer
Yay ^_^
I can't wait til the Kents meet Lois. Hopefully they won't ever learn how she drives wink

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard