Next Thread
Print Thread
#292018 06/10/22 07:39 AM
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
The first time I actually moved was when I went to college. In fact, my Mom is still living in the home in which I grew up.

As always, all feedback appreciated.

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
It's an interesting concept, being able to start over new each time. I've been an outcast in school and often wished that I could have started over. I strongly doubt that I'd have been able to become part of the cool crowd, though. But since my best friend and I will have our twenty-eight years anniversary this year - though she lives a thousand kilometres from me, I don't regret anything. We were outcasts, but we had a great time at school.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Hi Barbara,

We are alike in so many ways! I, too, was an outcast who wished she could start over. Although my high school friends and I eventually drifter apart, I think we stayed in touch for far longer than most high school friends do. The person with whom I have been friends the longest I met in grad school; we've been friends for about 32 years now. It's hard to believe it has been that long. We live on opposite sides of the country and haven't seen each other in person in a number of years, but whenever we speak on the phone (or e-mail, or occasionally Zoom), it is as if no time at all had passed since the last time we were together.

I wish you and I had been in the same high school. I am sure we would have hit it off.

Joy,
Lynn

P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
Wow, this is so perceptive Lynn. It makes me a little sad to think about the pain needlessly inflicted on people by cliquish behavior. But for whatever reasons, it unfortunately seems to be a fact of life.

What to do – be mean to the social losers or remain one myself? Be accepted or accepting? Who will I be this time?

Based on the choices presented to the narrator, it sounds like both you and Bakasi chose the high road. And for the record, you and Bakasi are pretty cool IMO! This misfit would feel privileged to be part of your crowd.

Profound and insightful work Lynn. I think this short little piece will stay with me. Thanks for sharing.

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
I wish you and I had been in the same high school. I am sure we would have hit it off.

Haha, I guess we would have. If both of us had been bold enough to talk to each other. grin

Originally Posted by Penny Lane
Based on the choices presented to the narrator, it sounds like both you and Bakasi chose the high road. And for the record, you and Bakasi are pretty cool IMO! This misfit would feel privileged to be part of your crowd.
Thanks for the compliment.

Last edited by bakasi; 06/11/22 06:07 AM.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Hi Penny_Lane,

Wow. Thank you! I am thrilled by your feedback.

I'd love to have you in our accepting clique.

You absolutely made my day. smile

Joy,
Lynn

L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Originally Posted by bakasi
If both of us had been bold enough to talk to each other. grin

Good point, Barbara. I didn't stick my neck out very often, since it was metaphorically lopped off nearly every time I ventured to do so. But we've found each other now. smile

Joy,
Lynn

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard