Next Thread
Print Thread
#291979 06/06/22 09:00 PM
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
This is entirely Harley's fault. She just wouldn't leave me alone!

For those who aren't snack food aficionados: This is a Ho-Ho.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Features Writer
Features Writer
Hilarious!
Now I want a sweet.....
I wish I had a nutty buddy bar.

Thanks for sharing this light-hearted and funny one-shot. We all need some chuckles.

Merriwether
Merriwether
OK, that was ridiculous, and I'm embarrassed to say I burst out laughing at the end. wink

Of course, we now need the follow up story ... Chicks Before Ding-Dongs. wink

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hahaha! Nicely done! Ridiculous and cute! The punchline was perfect! It never crossed my mind and I don't know how many times I've heard it before. wink

Now Lois gets one, right? Fries before guys?

(As a mom of twins, I often see variations of "Don't stick your Ding-Dong in a Ho-Ho or you might wind up with Twinkies.") rotflol

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Very clever!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
*Groan* Terry, that was quite a feghoot! I don't know whether to applaud or throw tomatoes! XD

~•~
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Very nicely done, Terry. So good to see your writing again. Give Harley my regards.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
B
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
B
Haha, that was a nice one. And so in character for Clark.
I'm glad though about the Information at the beginning of the FDK thread since, I'll confess it, my not-american cultural ignorant self didn't get it Prior. :-)

now I have to inform my Little brother (who is constantly stealing my Snacks when I'm not paying Attention) about this code. I doubt it will help much though, but It's worth a try.

Good to see that you are still writing. Guess you'll pull a Tank and tell everyone how you are retired only to come back with new stuff all the time. But then, I see how it could be quite difficult to say "No" to Harley. Although that lets me wonder how she knows about the Bro Code... Guess she crashed one of Joker's Partys or something.

Anyway, nice Little "Snack" fic (pun intended) for in-between.
Nick

Last edited by BlindPassenger; 06/09/22 03:39 AM.

Up, up and away - to the next fanfic.
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Harley and I thank you for the chuckles and the groans. I think she's satisfied for now.

Mary, thank you for adding "feghoot" to my working vocabulary. I'd never heard the term before, but it does fit.

Issac Asimov (quoted in the website referenced above) also wrote Shah Guido G., which is an anagram of "Shaggy Dog," a story that takes a good while to set up a groaner of a pun.

I've no idea if my team will drop in and spur me to more flights of fancy. But I plan to keep reading here. Y'all rock!

Last edited by Terry Leatherwood; 06/19/22 06:45 PM. Reason: Fix "feghoot" link

K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Hah!! Like Nick said, that was a nice little snack! lol

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Terry,

Long time no see smile1 And a vignette is just the thing to quickly get into hyper

especially when the Chiefs are playing the Bills.”
Is this just my LnC mind seeing things or are you using “Chiefs” as in The Chief Perry White and “Bills” as in Bill Henderson?

“And when Lois is having a girls’ night out with her friends.”
I concur with the others, although for a different reason – who are Lois’s girlfriends?

“Let’s see, there’s Steve Lombard, Eduardo Diaz, he brought the ice, Chen Chou, and three or four others I haven’t met yet.”
Hmm…why am I flashing to various DC super hero secret identifies? And if Lois is out with Selina, is Clark friends with Thomas Pearl (since it would be conspicuous for Bruce to show up at the brownstone)?

Chen slowly closed his hand and pointed at the single tubular chocolate-covered cake with rich cream filling on one edge of the plate.
Fun, how you hid “Ho-Hos” being an innocent description. Way to burry the lead clap

Clark shrugged. “Simple as pie and as old as time. Bros before Ho-Hos.”
rotflol I did not see that one coming. I did know Ho-Hos by name thanks to pop-culture saturation, but I don’t remember ever actually seeing one on screen.

Marvelous little bit of fun!

And Vicki
(As a mom of twins, I often see variations of "Don't stick your Ding-Dong in a Ho-Ho or you might wind up with Twinkies.")
That’s…that’s…rotflol Can you imagine Clark using this on his 16 y/o before some school trip (or, possibly, his 16 y/o going off to fight a junior super villainess?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael! Good to see you around!

Glad you liked that little meme thing. Always makes me laugh. I can totally see a red-faced, hands-stuffed-in-pockets, rocking-on-his-heels Clark trying to have that convo with his kids!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Thank you, ksarasara. Bon appétit!

Michael, Dean Cain was drafted by the Buffalo Bills and damaged his knee early in training camp, so he never played in the NFL. This game was an homage to his former team. I picked the Chiefs because they're the closest NFL team to Smallville and because they're in the same conference as the Bills. (I'm sure the NFL organization is at least as baffling to Europeans as Aussie Rules Football is to uninitiated Americans.)

I buried the lead? You kinda have to with this type of story. If you telegraph "Hey, this is just a setup for a pun!" in the beginning, the ending has far less impact.

As to the sex metaphor - looking at you, D.C. - I would hope that Clark and Lois would not wait for the boy's sixteenth birthday to have "The Talk" with him.

Y'all keep up the great fic work!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
(I'm sure the NFL organization is at least as baffling to Europeans as Aussie Rules Football is to uninitiated Americans.)
laugh

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard