Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#291946 06/04/22 09:20 PM
Blueowl Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Summary: Muddy footprints on a ceiling. In answer to a challenge prompt: footprints on the ceiling.
A/N: A special thanks to Chereche and Anna B. the Greek for proofreading.

Footprint Hotel

Hope you all like this one-shot ^_^.

Last edited by Blueowl; 06/05/22 11:59 AM.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Eeee! I love it!! clap

Thank you so much for responding to the challenge! laugh

~•~
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
What a fun story. I hope Superman decides to pay this kindhearted woman another visit to pick up their conversation where they left off. I think he would find a good ally and confidante in her.

P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
Wonderful response to this challenge. The story provided great insight into the early adventures of Clark Kent.

And speaking of insight, Mrs. Deere was one perceptive lady! She very easily could have created major headaches for Superman by going to the tabloid press with her suspicions.

So glad Superman has a friend in that part of the world if he ever needs one.

Thanks for sharing this interesting tale!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A lovely little story about Clark Kent's life before he arrived in Metropolis! Clark is a worrier, he probably thought someone had seen him performing rescues and he spent time pacing on the ceiling wondering what to do. Solution: Get out of Dodge as quickly as possible! How many times did he have to make hasty departures in order to protect his privacy? Mrs. Deere and her entire family are kind, humble folk, appreciating the acts of kindness the stranger did for members of their town. Hopefully Clark will return there to discover how those survivors from the flood are doing.

Thanks so much BlueOwl!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
This was a creative response to the challenge. It was fun getting a glimpse into Clark’s adventures before he hit Metropolis. He sure got lucky! Thank you!

Merriwether
Merriwether
What a fantastic premise for a story. I love outsider POV, and this one was absolutely lovely. Thank you for sharing it with us. smile

Blueowl Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Queen of the Capes - Thanks for creating the challenge and implanting that plot bunny smile

Lynn S. M. - Thanks, I might one day do a follow up fic on this.

Penny_Lane - Yeah, Clark was really fortunate there. Mrs. Deere was really fun to write. Glad you liked her.

Morgana - Exactly, a young, ~20 year old Clark certainly would have worried. And, thanks, I might have Clark go visit that town again....

Songbird - Thanks ^_^ I always like fics that go into Clark using his powers but failing to completely hide them.

KathyB - I love outsider POVs too, thanks for reading grin

T
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
T
This was wonderful. I love the insight into an outsiders view of a ‘miracle.’ Thank you for sharing.

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
This is a very nice story. Thanks for sharing. Loved it

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Originally Posted by Blueowl
I might one day do a follow up fic on this.

grovelgrovel grovel

K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Oh, I loved this so much! It’s not so often that you get an outside perspective on Superman like this. While it’s wholly different, it reminds me a bit in tone of Good Samaritan by Aria. I love glimpses of Superman’s humanity and realness like this! love

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Loved working with you on this! It was lovely, very well done! I loved how you built it, Mrs Deere's POV, and the overall tone!

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Hi Blueowl!
Even though it had happened many years ago, it was still a story she told to anyone willing to listen –
Clark walked on the ceiling, either intentionally or sleepwalking.

In those days, she didn't bother writing down the names of her guests. If they could pay and didn't exude bad vibes, she welcomed them. She supposed, in the end, that had been a good thing.
Ohh, the inn owner put things together!

The man had headed out without announcing his departure, leaving the room key on the dresser.
Bit panicky, huh?
CLARK: help

Tan and brown footprints of faint, dried mud were on the ceiling, directly above the path from the window to the door, as if someone in muddy socks had paced back and forth.
Aww, poor guy has panicked on the ceiling.

Eventually, the footprint on the ceiling of room 12 on the second floor led her to rename her inn: 'The Footprint Hotel'. It became the town's biggest tourist spot,
And later, it will become a historical site as the first recorded sighting of Superman. A theme park will be established and a monastery of the Superman Cult.

Few even considered he could have been with them in hiding for years.
Good thing Trask is already gone or he would launch an investigation into all new mothers who gave birth in the year following the flood.

So it was time for a road trip. O o O o O
Ho boy.

She had decided to go the most direct route possible of contacting Superman–without putting herself in danger, of course.
LOIS: I never put myself in danger when I need to contact Superman.

"Go to this hotel and tell them I sent you," he said before also taking out his business card and signing and dating it. "This will get you one night."
He's not going to put her up at the Apollo, is he?

Wasn't there rules on how close jets could fly near cities?
PILOT: Yes, but there’s a standing exemption for giving Superman a speeding ticket.

many times she had been asked to retell her conversation with Superman to her husband and daughter.
And she never got an autograph!

And they would continue to tell the story and show people the footprint on the ceiling. ~The End~
Aww…sweet little third part perspective clap

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard