Next Thread
Print Thread
#29195 04/18/06 05:25 PM
C
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
C
Argh! You can't leave us hanging there! I want more and I want it now!

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
#29196 04/19/06 02:23 AM
L
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
L
I agree!!! Bring it on! hyper

#29197 04/19/06 02:36 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
There are such lovely, wonderful parts in your story, Marcy:
On a visceral level, Clark had always made sense to her. But up in her head region, he made no sense whatsoever. He was such an enigma. One minute burning hot with passion and devotion, but in the next distant and cold. The only thing for certain was that Lois never felt indifferent to him. Only excited or mad. At total peace of total chaos. With Clark, there was never an inbetween.
You put this so perfectly. I just love it.

And then, there's the adorably humourous description of Dan, and what life with Dan would be like for Lois:
With Dan, things had been different. Emotionally, Clark had been a speedboat. While Dan was like riding the "It's a Small World" ride at Disneyworld. Sure there was a lot to see -- at least the first time around. But there was no danger in it. He was predictable and safe. For the first time in a long while, she worried if that would be enough.

<I mean, who wants to ride that ride a hundred times? Once you get that stupid song in your head, it's the kind of thing that will drive some people to drinking!>

<Get a grip, Lois. We've thought this through. Dan is dependable, reliable. He never runs out on you in the middle of a conversation.>

Lois bit her bottom lip. <Good grief, Lane! You sound as if you're describing a Labrador Retriever! Clark may be a total lunkhead, but you feel things with him you've never felt with Dan, and you know it!>

<Yeah, well, I "feel" things with chocolate. That doesn't mean it's good for me.>

<Maybe not, but are you ready to give it up for the rest of your life? Goodbye, Double Fudge Crunch Bars! Hello, Broccoli!>
Marcy, this whole part of Lois's iner monologue is such a gem. You put such delicious, wonderful images in my mind, and you had me almost sputtering with laughter. And you made me admire, again and again, your wonderful command of the English language and your ability to find just the right word or expression. (Oh, one word was new to me - what's a tamale?)

I love it, Marcy. Keep it coming, because it is irresistible!!!! clap clap clap

Ann

#29198 04/19/06 08:27 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#29199 04/19/06 03:04 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow this is great. Poor Lois! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#29200 04/20/06 10:03 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Marcy

This is great. smile1 Please post more soon.

Tricia cool

#29201 04/26/06 02:15 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Mooooore sooon pleeeease!

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
#29202 04/27/06 12:06 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
i need my next fix or i am going to die....

you have to finnish this

no matter what we think of the story it myst be ended.... mad mad mad i cant stand interuptions

You can't have MANSLAUGHTER without LAUGHTER

The Neuroscientist: Eating glass makes you smart...do you want to see what you can learn?

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard