Next Thread
Print Thread
A
AnnieM Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A
How's that for a meet cute? Could they be any more adorable?

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
Merriwether
Merriwether
Woo hoo! dance I'm so excited we are finally ready to post the first story. You're in for a treat, FoLCs! I hope this will become your happy place universe the way it has become ours for the last several months. twins

Last edited by KathyB; 05/29/22 05:54 PM.
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Love the premise! Looking forward to the rest

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
I loved this part. And I'm excited to read more.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
I am definitely on board! You have set the stage for what looks like another wonderful adventure! And it’s a long story in a brand-new universe! My favorite kind. You packed a lot into the first part.

I can’t wait to spend more time with these two very impressive leads. Especially considering this young “Pulitzer winning journalist,” Lois Lane, is already openly acknowledging that Mr. Kent is “no hack from Nowheresville.” wink Their first meeting definitely projects a lot of promise.

But then again, just how will you deal with that objectionable “long distance” relationship!

The secondary characters are equally compelling—including Lana and her family. She might just be okay in this world. grin I hope the students play a part in the story also. I love the backstory that you very smoothly wove into the conversation about the series they did to win the Pacemaker award.

Great launch. Looking forward to more.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ooh! Been waiting for this story to appear ever since KathyB mentioned it a few months back and so far it does not disappoint.

Lois Lane moved the last of her files into her desk drawer and switched off her computer. She swept her gaze over the desk, sure she was forgetting something but unable to put her finger on what still needed to be done. She stood and carried her coffee cup to the communal sink, washing it quickly and then carrying it back to her desk.

My, this is a different Lois. Calm, collected.... forgetful? Neat change of pace for her.

Ten years ago, she had attended the conference where she would be speaking, accepting the Pacemaker on behalf of her high school newspaper and dreaming of the day it was a Pulitzer. And in two days, she would be standing on the stage as a Pulitzer winner addressing students at the Pacemaker award ceremony, many of them with that same dream in mind. It was a little surreal.

Many changes in her life over the past ten years. A Pulitzer prize winner? My goodness, she has climbed a number of mountains and reached the summit! What next for our favorite woman reporter?

He had bought a house in downtown Smallville, just a few miles from the high school, and resurrected the Smallville Tiger Times, a weekly school newspaper that had gone defunct in the years since he and Lana had graduated. Mentoring his reporters and editors had become his passion project, and he had been astounded and elated when his team had been awarded a Pacemaker for their series of articles on rural teens balancing their education and extracurricular activities with the responsibility of helping to run family farms.

Another surprise, Clark as a High School Teacher. But I cannot help wondering, now that Pa Kent is feeling better, why did Clark stay? Hmmm more to be revealed.

I think this Lana is tolerable....

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard