Next Thread
Print Thread
#29170 04/17/06 05:44 AM
M
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
M
Rock ON, girlfriend! This story ROCKS!!! Smart, snappy dialouge, funny all around and the Clark everyone's always wanted to see but was to afraid to ask for (b/c, honey, he's just not very nice...but I like him!)

Except for when he's acting like an eight year old, like he was in the first part of the chapter. Molding potatoes? Honestly, Clark, are you serious? No, in all seriousness, I actually found that kinda funny.

So let's get quoting:

He wondered as he fielded questions if it ever occurred to anyone that the average pod-living, rat-eating, visitor from another planet would probably not be able to handle the media as deftly as Superman seemed to.
hahahahaha...rat-eating! I love that part!

He would like to think that it was because he’d shown clearly that he was on the side of the light, and that because he was polite and helpful, his colleagues in the media were willing to repay him with their trust, but despite what Lois had always said about him, he wasn’t quite that corn-fed and naïve. He suspected that his free pass owed more to fear than to trust. Either they feared him directly – feared that he would respond to harassment by using his powers to take over the world
Clark in charge of the world?! Now there's a fanfic crying out to be told!

or they feared that he would simply get so ticked off that he would quit coming when he was called, would find something better to do with his time than saving an ungrateful populace.
Okay, here's a serious moment b/c I can't tell you how many times I thought how lucky Metropolis was b/c if I was their superhero, I would've taken off SOOOOOO many times for just that reason. I swear, with all the criminals out to kill me and the populace turning against me at the drop of a dime, I'd have...well, it's just lucky Clark's the super powered hero and not me!

It was all he could do to keep from grabbing her and tossing her into another dumpster. Really, that had been one of his more brilliant moments, all things considered.
rotflol Ooh, sniping Clark! I like!

“Nice place to visit,” Lois said, her mouth turning up a little at the corners, “but I wouldn’t want to live there.”

“Fortunately,” Superman said coldly, “you don’t have to.”
rotflol Oh, good lord!...Excuse me while I wipe the tears from my eyes from laughing so hard. It's good to know he's still "farmboy" to her.

Gah! I can't quote the entire convo and I WANT TO SO MUCH!!! Excellent, excellent job! You said want fans wanted to say to both Clark and Lois so many times! And yes Clark is being cruel, but dammit, sometimes Lois totally deserved it. I love how they're giving each other as good as they get. Lois is calling Clark on his sulking, Clark is refusing to just forgive and forget. *Finally* Lois is seeing that she can't expect to call all the shots! And yet we can see (without even having her direct pov!) that Lois is hurting here and Clark is wants to protect her! Ooh! I'm throwing out a new rating people: Delicious! F-i-n-g-e-r l-i-c-k-i-n-g g-o-o-d!

#29171 04/17/06 08:26 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Yes, Caroline, like Mara said, I'm licking my fingers after reading this story! Let me second all of Mara's observations and quotes and add just a few of my own. I loved this one:

"I think we understand more than you give us credit for," Jonathan said. "Go to the party, son."

"And give Perry our best when you see him," Martha added.

Clark gave her a wry smile. "All right. You guys win."

"Of course we do," Martha said, sounding smug. "Now quit playing with that food and eat before it gets cold."
ROTFLOL, Martha!! clap

Now, apparently, Lois is being sent to Smallville, to Clark's parents. Sure, why not? It could be a very interesting setup!

To summarize, Caroline, this is indeed brilliant. I love to see the hurt and sulking Clark who is so in love with Lois that he doesn't dare to be close to her, for fear of losing his dignity and pout by giving in to his attraction to her!

I also love your brilliant, witty dialogue and splendid characterisation. Wow, I just generally love your story!!! clap clap clap

Ann

#29172 04/17/06 09:17 AM
Columnist
Columnist
I can only agree with the others. Wow. Great story. Keep on going. Great talent and funny lines. Wow.

#29173 04/17/06 09:38 AM
P
Columnist
Columnist
P
OMG! I LOVE YOUR STORY! That's absolutely brilliant! That part was definitely worth the week wait.

Clark felt a muscle in his jaw twitch. “I’ve always helped out when and where I could.”

There, was that vague enough for you, Lois?

“But where have you been?” she persisted.

It was all he could do to keep from grabbing her and tossing her into another dumpster. Really, that had been one of his more brilliant moments, all things considered. “Nowhere, Miss Lane. I’ve been nowhere.”

Some hack from Nowheresville…

“Nice place to visit,” Lois said, her mouth turning up a little at the corners, “but I wouldn’t want to live there.”

So far I’ve been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, been treated as your girlfriend, and insulted your parents…

The assembled press tittered a little, even as they looked at Lois in confusion.

“Fortunately,” Superman said coldly, “you don’t have to.” He watched just long enough to see her react and then looked away. “That’s all for today. If you’ll excuse me.”
Very good skirmish! I love the way that Lois try to grill Superman, and I love even more that he's so angry that he spoke not so nicely to Lois in front of all the reporters, even though he is in Superman persona. I love it when he acts less nicely than it is his habits in other fanfics.

He wasn’t sure of the exact moment when that had changed, when he’d stopped seeing the potential in the women he met. Now he divided women into one of two clear categories: A woman either was Lois Lane, or she wasn’t. None of the not-Lois’s could cause his heart to pound and his palms to sweat. None of the not-Lois’s could draw his eyes across a crowded room. None of the not-Lois’s could rip his heart from his chest and still have him craving her like a drug. And none could make him behave so very badly in front of a crowd of reporters.
How sweet. He's so in love with her, and you described his feelings very well.

“Like talking to me?” she asked.

“Like attending Perry’s party tonight,” he corrected. “Like clearing Jack’s name and seeing to it that Luthor gets what’s coming to him.”

“We need to talk about that, too,” Lois said. “You going to invite me in?”

“I hadn’t planned to, no.”
I love that dialogue! Especially the way Clark respond to Lois.

You know, you should think about sulking professionally, Clark. You’ve got a real knack for it.”

“I’ll consider it,”
LOL clap mecry Oh God! you painted so well the depth of his love for her and the depth of his hurt that I could cry for him.

“Well why don’t you tell me how you meant it, because it sure sounded like saving my life has been a real inconvenience to you.”

“No,” he said. “No. Of course that’s not what I meant. It’s just…you scare me to death with the risks you take.
And Clark is doubting that's love what he felt? You're an idiot, Clark. It's just obvious how much you're in love!

He shook his head. “You know, what’s funny is that you probably believe that. Lois, you wouldn’t know a crazy risk if it jumped out and bit you – and it usually does! It always seems perfectly rational to you at the time. It’s only when you’ve been thrown off the building and are half-way to the ground that you start to think that whatever hare-brained scheme you’ve hatched just might not have been such a good idea.”
rotflol The better thing is that Clark is right! But I didn't think he could tell her so boldly one day.

“You’re being stalked by a sociopath, Lois. I don’t know how to make you feel better about that.”
Oh! I always appreciate a sarcastic Clark! laugh

His voice was laced with steel when he issued his ultimatum: “Lois, either you stay with my parents while we investigate Luthor, or I fly out of here tonight and leave you to him. If I were you, I’d consider this decision very carefully.”

Her eyes narrowed. “You wouldn’t do that.”

He leaned forward and stared right into her eyes. “Just watch me,” he said softly.
Oh! That just gets better and better!

She blinked first, and her eyes suddenly filled with tears. “I hate you, Clark Kent.”

He sighed, awash in a mixture of pain and relief. “Thank you, Lois. I’m going to do my best to make sure you can continue hating me for years to come.”
A very good sentence to finish the part, it made me want more! laugh

So, you just have to come bak and post the next chapter soon.

#29174 04/17/06 10:18 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I won't quote from your story but let me just tell you that this was a twist, I hadn't anticipated before wink Having them work together with Lois half a country away and sitting on her fingers on a boring farm in Nowheresville, what could add more fire than that?

Thanks for another amazing chapter.

#29175 04/17/06 10:18 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. thumbsup

“He’s…well…he sent me flowers. I found them in the middle of my living room. He’d somehow gotten into my apartment. Clark, you’ve seen my locks, and no one but Sup…you could possibly get in my windows. And since then, he’s been turning up wherever I am and acting like it’s all a big coincidence, but I don’t believe it and he knows I don’t believe it and doesn’t seem to care. I had lunch with Perry yesterday, and Lex just ‘happened’ to be dining at the same restaurant. Perry and I had made those plans over the phone, Clark. There’s no way Lex could have known about them unless he’s…”

“Tapped your phone, bugged your apartment, had you followed,” Clark finished for her, sounding grim. “He’s probably done all three.”
Luthor scare me. hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#29176 04/17/06 12:11 PM
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
I'm in awe, Caroline. The emotions are so tangible! frown I love, love, love hurt, angry Clark and you've done that brilliantly here. I wish I was able to sit and pick out everything that struck me, but I don't have the time. frown Just know that I'm really, really loving this. You're definitely in the running for Best New Author! notworthy

Bring on the next part!!!

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

#29177 04/17/06 12:16 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
you're a real talent, Caroline! thumbsup
clap clap clap

Please post the next part as soon as possible!

simona smile

#29178 04/17/06 12:37 PM
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
Lois and Clark in a knock down drag out...kinda sexy.

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
#29179 04/17/06 02:09 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm definitely loving your story!!!!! thumbsup Please post again soon! hyper hyper

#29180 04/17/06 02:48 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Caroline,

I'm so glad that you're back. This story is absolutely fabulous! I love the Clark who is in charge. I just hope that he and Lois can investigate Luthor and then resolve their differences. evil

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
#29181 04/17/06 05:39 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Great job, Caroline! I really enjoyed the banter between them...it seemed to flow naturally. And I was hurting for both of them. Post more soon!

Marcy

(Elrond's blessing at the departure of the company from Rivendell)

"Farewell, and may the blessing of Elves and Men and all Free Folk go with you.
May the stars shine upon your faces!"
-Lord of the Rings, J.R.R. Tolkien
#29182 04/17/06 11:19 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Caroline

WOW! smile1

Tricia cool

#29183 04/18/06 04:52 AM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
“Tapped your phone, bugged your apartment, had you followed,” Clark finished for her, sounding grim. “He’s probably done all three.”
I agree with Maria, and hope that Luthor didn't find out CK=S on the day Clark did his spin thing in front of Lois.

#29184 04/18/06 08:06 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I'll think it's called the touch Caroline and you got it. smile1

I always enjoy stories that can recreate the verbal sparring from the show. They just seem more real somehow.

I do know you, and I know you wouldn't lie... at least to me...most of the time...
#29185 04/18/06 10:39 AM
K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Originally posted by meclone2:
“Tapped your phone, [b]bugged your apartment, had you followed,” Clark finished for her, sounding grim. “He’s probably done all three.”
I agree with Maria, and hope that Luthor didn't find out CK=S on the day Clark did his spin thing in front of Lois. [/b]
I'm pretty sure, though feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, that Lex did all this *after* the revelation. More to the point, after she told him "no". So I think Clark's safe on this count. smile

Sara

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

#29186 04/23/06 04:38 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
OH OH OH!! For some reason I didn't recognise the title. Oh well! I get TWO parts to read! =D

“You’re being stalked by a sociopath, Lois. I don’t know how to make you feel better about that.”
On of the best lines I've read in fanfic in a few weeks. laugh

Yay! There's a part five! Oh will I be surprised to find a part SIX??

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
#29187 04/29/06 04:15 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Oh gee I'm late getting on this ride - man that was such a sweet arguement! So powerful and real!!!!!!!! laugh

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard