Next Thread
Print Thread
#291643 04/15/22 11:22 PM
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
I want to be perfectly clear that this is indeed a work of fiction. Throughout my life, I have always been blessed to have a few good flesh-and-blood friends and while I have definitely found comfort in books during trying times, I (unlike my story's narrator) firmly understand the distinction between real friends and fictional characters. Also, I have no desire to be written about; having my stories read is as close to fame as I ever want to get.

As always, all feedback appreciated.

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
I, too, love good stories. There is a beautiful story about the value of real life friends, written by one of the best authors for children literature, Michael Ende. He is German, but if you ever happen across a translation of "Momo" be sure to read it.

I really liked this short snippet. My heart goes out to the first person narrator. Perhaps he or she deserves some real life happiness? How about a sequel?

Last edited by bakasi; 04/16/22 06:20 AM.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Hi Barbara,

Thanks for the feedback and the book recommendation.

It’s funny. Normally my muse isn’t fond of sequels, but it so happens that I wrote a different story consciously thinking it was a standalone, only to realize later that it would make a perfect sequel to this one. I’ll post it here a bit later today.

Joy,
Lynn

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard