Next Thread
Print Thread
#29150 04/15/06 07:00 AM
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
I really like this story! It definitely is going on my list of Kerth nominees next year. It's got a revelation, it's got a solid A-plot, it's got angst, it's got Bill Henderson, it has Kryptonite - man, it's got just about everything!

If this is really your first attempt at writing a story of this length and complexity, you're an natural. I'm not a writing teacher, but I can't imagine any teacher giving this story anything but an A+. The characters were true, the action was not only believeable but compelling, and the plot held my attention all the way through. The mystery elements were well-planned and well-executed, and the romantic elements were touching and heart-warming.

Thank you for such an excellent narrative, even when you made me suspect (just for a moment) that Clark would die and Lois would spend the rest of her life regretting. But I forgive you for that, because the payoff was great! I expect your next effort to top this one, since you've gotten so much more experience now.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#29151 04/15/06 02:05 PM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Nicely done. It was a fun, well written story.

I enjoyed the change of pace of the first person narrative, though I may be biased because it was Lois' point of view.

First fic, huh? It's nice to know that the supply of writers for this fandom continues to replenish itself.

Tank (who thinks the story could have been a little bit better if Lois hadn't been able to wash the kryptonite paint out of her hair and would have had to cut it out. wink )

#29152 04/16/06 01:25 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Can I just copy and paste Terry's post? wink

This fic is AWESOME! And since I was offline for a few days (and you post parts quickly -- which I heartily approve of!), I got to finish it up all at once. *happy sigh*

A spectacular, tight A-plot; a lovely B-plot (with a great revelation! and Lois' stages of reaction -- so realistic!); and so many memorable, wonderful lines!

Thanks again for making this fic available to gfic readers! laugh

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
#29153 04/18/06 12:06 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
WOW! This is definitely Kerth material. goofy

Thanks for making this available for PG readers, Sue. thumbsup

Ursie

Lois: Well, I like my quirks. I think they make me unique.
Clark: You certainly are unique.

Clark: You're high maintenance, you know that?
Lois: But I'm worth it!
#29154 04/18/06 12:25 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Au contraire, Ursie...

He lets out a dramatic yawn and stretches. His arm comes to rest on top of the couch behind me.

I roll my eyes. "That's real smooth, Clark. I suppose that works in Kansas."

"There's a difference between just being friendly and putting the moves on you."
goofy

I'm glad you liked it!

Sue

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
#29155 04/18/06 09:26 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Mea culpa! blush

I clearly missed that one. :rolleyes:

Comes from reading all the parts in a hurry. I was so curious to know how the story would unfold that I guess I rushed through it a bit. Will definitely read it again when your edited version hits the archive, Sue. And slowly and thoroughly this time. wink

Ursie

Lois: Well, I like my quirks. I think they make me unique.
Clark: You certainly are unique.

Clark: You're high maintenance, you know that?
Lois: But I'm worth it!
#29156 06/12/06 02:34 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sue I was busy writing when you were posting this story so I missed out on it.

But after finding out later what an awesome writer my beta reader is, I had to go back and read this just as soon as I found the time.

Wow, Sue. Just wow. eek After beta reading for you on the PG "Revisionist History", I knew you were talented, awesome...

But wow! This was incredible. I loved every second. Thank you for doing the PG version of this. I wish I had been around to beta this for you too. Anytime you want a PG beta just let me know. notworthy notworthy notworthy

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#29157 06/04/10 09:26 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ok, so I'm new to the boards, and just stumbled on your story. Really excellent work! I just read it start to finish, you had me on the edge of my seat! I even laughed aloud in appropriate moments and felt all the angst! I love the idea of them being distracted by yumminess on each other's lips, too. I have only one little nitpick... I speak French, and there's no 'e' at the end of pain au chocolat wink itty, bitty, tiny, nitpick. But great, great story!!!

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard