Feel free to leave copious praise or angry rants wink

Spike: "There's a hole in the world...feels like we ought to have known."
-Angel
C
Kerth
Online Content
Kerth
C
Love it all so far! Looking forward to the rest.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
Hack from Nowheresville
Online Content
Hack from Nowheresville
Can't wait to see where this story is going! Great start! clap

Top Banana
Online Content
Top Banana
**So fluffy!!**
I can't wait to read what happens next. Clark is so adorable :3

Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Originally Posted by Crazy_Babe
Love it all so far! Looking forward to the rest.

Oh yay thank you! More to come!

-Angel
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Originally Posted by Superjan
Can't wait to see where this story is going! Great start! clap

Thanks! We got a bit silly with it, but it was fun!

-Angel
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Originally Posted by Blueowl
**So fluffy!!**
I can't wait to read what happens next. Clark is so adorable :3

Awww, thanks! We wanted something lighthearted and fun!

-Angel
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This was always one of many favorite parts about that episode. Clark working up the courage to ask Lois out. I like her inner monologue here. Nice start

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Gotta tell ya, this brought back memories of when my husband asked me out on our first date! This fic promises to make me smile! Getting ready to read Part 2! dance

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Originally Posted by bakasi
This was always one of many favorite parts about that episode. Clark working up the courage to ask Lois out. I like her inner monologue here. Nice start

Thanks! I enjoyed writing that from her point of view!

-Angel
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Originally Posted by Morgana
Gotta tell ya, this brought back memories of when my husband asked me out on our first date! This fic promises to make me smile! Getting ready to read Part 2! dance

Did he ask you to a concert? I am hoping it DOES make you smile smile

-Angel
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Sara and Sara!

Am finally working on my FDK backlog again!

She wasn’t too sure at first, but I pestered and bugged her and threatened her life…you know, all normal totally ordinary stuff until she relented. And now, we have this cute little first date story.
So, basically, just like Lois and Clark in their day to day work?

Still, anything is worth it if it means a date with Lois.
/Sets up Parcours: kryptonite, talk with Lex, watch date movie about Lois and Dan, some time travel rumspringen, Talk about relationships with Mayson/

. He’d commented more than once on her supposed caffeine addiction
But it’s just two cups?

. In the past, she had told herself that she was imagining it, or that if she did feel an attraction to him, it was purely physical.
/heads over yonder…./

After all, she’d seen him without a shirt on, and anyone with eyes could see he was gorgeous.
Look who’s finally admitting it.

. Or the fact that every time he smiled, she wanted to kiss him. She had no idea why, she just...did. And when he was around her, he smiled a lot.
Smelled any old socks recently? Also: clap

. “I-I wanna borrow your clothes.”
I said it before, will say it again: he’ll return them in the morning.

She still made more than he did, and she knew that living in a city like Metropolis wasn’t cheap.
That’s why he has his side business as a bridal party favor.

. But, she was happy to help him if he needed her. More than happy. The idea that he would come to her about something like this only proved just how close they were. She liked that thought at least.
Clark: So…rents not cheap and we’re both at work most of the day and hang around the rest of the time…
LOIS: We hung from chains once, maybe twice! And that counted as ‘work’.
CLARK: Anyway, I think, what I’m trying to say, it would be much more efficient if we pooled our resources and got an apartment together.

“What?” Great reaction, Lois, she thought. Real eloquent. But still…did he mean what she thought he meant? She decided to find out. “You’re…asking me out?”
Still with the eloquence laugh
LOIS: Oh, shush it. You don’t want to hear how Clark would sound if the rules were reversed. At least I didn’t babble, promise marriage or kids.

The image of what it might be like to kiss him flickered through her brain and she almost gasped aloud. A date. Oh boy.
laugh

Oh, God, she was babbling. And worse, she was telling him all her first date secrets. She must sound ridiculous. But instead, he smiled even more.
He already knows /points at Pilot/

The possibility of him touching her, kissing her...had she remembered to breathe? Oh right, yes.
laugh

“Well, that's...Well, I...I just...I don't...I don't know what to say,” she replied, still stalling for time.
Awww, just like when Lex proposed. Hmmm… Clark, put that C4’away. We don’t blow up the Planet just so Lois will say yes. That’s what criminal nutcases do.

. The last thing she wanted to do was say yes to a date with Clark and end up married the next day in Vegas
Too tacky?

“Well, most people either choose yes or no,” Clark said patiently. He suddenly looked remarkably calm, where a moment ago he’d seemed so nervous. Why? Why was he calm now? Why was she suddenly a nervous wreck?
Indecisive Lois, that one he knows and can handle.
LOIS: What’s that supposed to mean? mad

“I mean, it's easy for you because you've had time to think about it. You've had time to plan what you're going to say...and what you're gonna say depending on what I say back to you—”
She thinks he planned this?

“I'm just trying to ask you out, not trying to negotiate a nuclear arms treaty,”
Exactly!

How could she go from feeling completely comfortable with him in every way to jumping at even the thought of him touching her in the span of thirty seconds? Oh, right...she’d thought about kissing him.
laugh

What I'd wear...”
Would it help to mention that he can pretend her clothing isn’t there?
CLARK: help

“On the date,” she clarified. A look passed over his face and she realised that he really hadn’t thought about what he would do if she said yes.
lol

“Uh, I was just touching up a few things, Chief,” Clark replied with a sheepish smile.
Like…’Lois’?

“You sure?” he asked, suddenly nervous again. She decided he was incredibly sexy when he was nervous. And when he was confident. And when he was...Oh, God.
Wee bit horny?

She was going on a date. With Clark. With her best friend. Oh, God.
clap

That was a great start. I understand why it’s nominated in the categories it is smile

wave Michael

Last edited by Darth Michael; 04/13/23 12:28 AM. Reason: fixed missing first lines

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
She wasn’t too sure at first, but I pestered and bugged her and threatened her life…you know, all normal totally ordinary stuff until she relented. And now, we have this cute little first date story.
So, basically, just like Lois and Clark in their day to day work?

Still, anything is worth it if it means a date with Lois.
/Sets up Parcours: kryptonite, talk with Lex, watch date movie about Lois and Dan, some time travel rumspringen, Talk about relationships with Mayson/

. He’d commented more than once on her supposed caffeine addiction
But it’s just two cups?

. In the past, she had told herself that she was imagining it, or that if she did feel an attraction to him, it was purely physical.
/heads over yonder…./

After all, she’d seen him without a shirt on, and anyone with eyes could see he was gorgeous.
Look who’s finally admitting it.

. Or the fact that every time he smiled, she wanted to kiss him. She had no idea why, she just...did. And when he was around her, he smiled a lot.
Smelled any old socks recently? Also: clap

. “I-I wanna borrow your clothes.”
I said it before, will say it again: he’ll return them in the morning.

She still made more than he did, and she knew that living in a city like Metropolis wasn’t cheap.
That’s why he has his side business as a bridal party favor.

. But, she was happy to help him if he needed her. More than happy. The idea that he would come to her about something like this only proved just how close they were. She liked that thought at least.
Clark: So…rents not cheap and we’re both at work most of the day and hang around the rest of the time…
LOIS: We hung from chains once, maybe twice! And that counted as ‘work’.
CLARK: Anyway, I think, what I’m trying to say, it would be much more efficient if we pooled our resources and got an apartment together.

“What?” Great reaction, Lois, she thought. Real eloquent. But still…did he mean what she thought he meant? She decided to find out. “You’re…asking me out?”
Still with the eloquence laugh
LOIS: Oh, shush it. You don’t want to hear how Clark would sound if the rules were reversed. At least I didn’t babble, promise marriage or kids.

The image of what it might be like to kiss him flickered through her brain and she almost gasped aloud. A date. Oh boy.
laugh

Oh, God, she was babbling. And worse, she was telling him all her first date secrets. She must sound ridiculous. But instead, he smiled even more.
He already knows /points at Pilot/

The possibility of him touching her, kissing her...had she remembered to breathe? Oh right, yes.
laugh

“Well, that's...Well, I...I just...I don't...I don't know what to say,” she replied, still stalling for time.
Awww, just like when Lex proposed. Hmmm… Clark, put that C4’away. We don’t blow up the Planet just so Lois will say yes. That’s what criminal nutcases do.

. The last thing she wanted to do was say yes to a date with Clark and end up married the next day in Vegas
Too tacky?

“Well, most people either choose yes or no,” Clark said patiently. He suddenly looked remarkably calm, where a moment ago he’d seemed so nervous. Why? Why was he calm now? Why was she suddenly a nervous wreck?
Indecisive Lois, that one he knows and can handle.
LOIS: What’s that supposed to mean? mad

“I mean, it's easy for you because you've had time to think about it. You've had time to plan what you're going to say...and what you're gonna say depending on what I say back to you—”
She thinks he planned this?

“I'm just trying to ask you out, not trying to negotiate a nuclear arms treaty,”
Exactly!

How could she go from feeling completely comfortable with him in every way to jumping at even the thought of him touching her in the span of thirty seconds? Oh, right...she’d thought about kissing him.
laugh

What I'd wear...”
Would it help to mention that he can pretend her clothing isn’t there?
CLARK: help

“On the date,” she clarified. A look passed over his face and she realised that he really hadn’t thought about what he would do if she said yes.
lol

“Uh, I was just touching up a few things, Chief,” Clark replied with a sheepish smile.
Like…’Lois’?

“You sure?” he asked, suddenly nervous again. She decided he was incredibly sexy when he was nervous. And when he was confident. And when he was...Oh, God.
Wee bit horny?

She was going on a date. With Clark. With her best friend. Oh, God.
clap

That was a great start. I understand why it’s nominated in the categories it is smile

wave Michael

THANK YOU for this wonderful response! I can't remember if it was me or ksarasara who wrote the first chapter (it was almost a full year ago and my brain is mushy lol) but we both appreicate the comments!

-Angel
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Sara!
THANK YOU for this wonderful response! I can't remember if it was me or ksarasara who wrote the first chapter (it was almost a full year ago and my brain is mushy lol) but we both appreicate the comments!
Am glad to entertain! That's what FDK is for smile1

Also, realized that I copied the not-completely-polished version from my FDK file and missed the "Hello" and intro eek It's fixed now. And you know, it's easy, "Sara wrote it / Sara appreciates it" wink

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
Hi Sara!
Am glad to entertain! That's what FDK is for smile1

Also, realized that I copied the not-completely-polished version from my FDK file and missed the "Hello" and intro eek It's fixed now. And you know, it's easy, "Sara wrote it / Sara appreciates it" wink

wave Michael

Ha ha ha! Good point!

-Angel

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard