Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Hi,

At last Matt has met his father, but neither are aware of the fact.

I hope I didn't disappoint anyone too much. Please let me know how you feel. I'm prepared for the rotten tomatoes, as long as they're not in cans! wink

Yours Jenni

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
That´s a shame! Matt doesn´t recognize his own father?! What are you doing to me? And you are going to let me wait for another week for the next chapter which will hopefully contain the discovery? *peels can off the tomatoes* No, not seriously! *g*

Matt is learning a lot about being a superhero now. He is still very young and he gets to know everything about disaster... Poor boy!

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Great chapter, Jenni. The detail is wonderful and descriptive. Poor Jor-El, working with his father and can't recognize him.

I love how you insert a little humor amidst drama. I chuckle when Andrienne is eager to fly with Jor-El (like Lois with Superman) and Stephan says "hell's teeth". Those differences in people's reactions show so much of their personalities and make them come to life.

thumbsup LaurieD

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Columnist
Columnist
Awww, now this was just a tease! wink I was really hoping for the father/son reunion wink Still, it was an excellent chapter and it certainly makes sense if Letour was covered in mud, and grime, etc. (Not to mention that it's been years since he saw him) that he wouldn't recognize him...

Still....*bounces on edge of seat* I want more darn it!

Spike: "There's a hole in the world...feels like we ought to have known."
-Angel
L
L Offline
Columnist
Columnist
L
Perfect, and your pacing, as hard it is to wait with your once a week posting schedule, is perfect for your story.

I enjoy watching it enfold. Any chance of posting 2x a week? (If not, s'okay!)

Silence is violence. End white supremacy based violence
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Great chapter as always, Jenni. What a writer you are!

One thing that impressed me particularly is how well you do your A-plot here. I'm talking about how you make us see and understand the mudslide and all the terribly hard, long, slow and heartbreaking work that has to be done there. Showing us this and keeping us interested all the time is such an achievement. To me, this is testament to your general knowledge of things in the world, as well as to your empathy and understanding.

I, too, had expected father and son to recognize one another right away, but I don't mind the fact that they did not, and that they still haven't. Not only is Clark covered in mud and grime, but his years of suffering must have aged and changed his appearance. And Matt's appearance has obviously changed too, though for happier reasons. And of course, he's wearing a cowl.

The way you set this story up, it would actually be possible for Matt to return home without his father! Well, Mac and Marje might want to stay in China, and they are the closest thing to a family that Clark has right now. He doesn't even know for sure that he belongs in the United States at all, let alone where in the United States. And as we've seen, Matt and Clark don't recognize each other. However, luckily you brought Adrienne and Stephan back into the story. Surely they will recognize Clark and tell Matt who "Letour" is?

One truly beautiful thing about this chapter is how you showed us how Clark encouraged his son and kept him going. It was so beautiful to see how Clark's compassion seemed to be greater than anyone else's and how he would just keep doing everything he could to help others - and how that compassion helped his son cope with his terrible tasks, too.

So beautiful, Jenni.

Ann

M
Blogger
Blogger
M
Great chapter, Jenni. TOC stated my thoughts very, very well.
I did not expect Matt and Clark to recognize each other -- of course, Clark still has no memory of his son. Being physically changed (much thinner) and being covered in mud would not make it easy to be recognized. But, the smile! Matt is already having some subconscious feelings about Latour.
Adrienne and (oops, I forgot his name)are already planning on how to bring the two together, and that helped my impatience. My big hope is that they'll be able to reverse some of the kryptonite damage or at least find a way to get it out of Clark's brain. That's the part I'm really wondering about -- how you're going to handle that. But, you will!
I hope this writing task takes your mind off your remodeling woes.
Thanks for your story.
Marge

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Jenni

Another excellent part! smile1

Tricia cool

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Jenni, I do love you! wink Thank you for posting it earlier! Only it would be better if Jor-El could recognize Clark. But, okay, great teaser. :rolleyes: You're building a colossal tension here. I've no nails left to bite. [Linked Image] I'll love you even more if you post next part earlier again. laugh

Any chance of posting 2x a week?
I'll second that. One week is a too long time to wait for my fix. help grovel grovel grovel

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Hi,

Once again I'd like to thank everyone for their fdk. I'm happy you decided against throwing those tomatoes. wink

I'm sorry that I can't post twice a week. To tell the truth I'm barely staying ahead of my posting schedule as it is. Look for the next chapter tomorrow. smile

Yours Jenni

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard