Next Thread
Print Thread
FinLi Offline OP
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
Ahh, so now we know how it ends

Bravo clap You did a great job.

I really enjoyed finding out the story behind the hair change.

I look forward to your next endeavor.

FinLi

Clark: "Can I have a rat chief? Can I, huh? Please?"

Perry: "Clark, do you want me to send you to the dark room?"

Clark: "The dark room?"
T
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
T
Very cute story. laugh

It was such a drastic change from one episode to the next, that it always throws me for a loop.

Loved your take on how it occured.

Tayryn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks to both of you. So glad it was entertaining and you enjoyed it.

I had so much fun writing it, that I've already got another idea simmering in the back of my mind. smile

I appreciate the feedback. Thanks!

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Good to see you post a story, L&C4ever! smile I really liked it.

I enjoyed your explanation for the haircut - it was really a mistake! goofy But what I liked even more was something else. You know, I love the tough and feisty Lois. The Lois who in a situation like this would square her shoulders and walk into the newsroom of the Daily Planet with her head held high, no matter how uncomfortable she might really be with her new haircut.

But, while this tough and feisty Lois may be my favorite, I loved the way you made me see and sympathize with another Lois who we really know is there: the vulnerable, uncertain, almost little-girl Lois. The Lois who needs to hang on to things she knows and can trust, such as her tried and true dear old bob hairstyle. In your story, when Lois's bob is gone, Lois seems to wonder if she herself is gone, too. And honestly, women, can't we all sympathize on some level at least? Who are we, if we don't look the way we used to at all, and if we are not at all sure we can deal with our new look?

So I really, really liked it that your Lois was unable to go to work after her lunch-hour salon appointment. And I absolutely loved Clark's sweet way of consoling her afterwards, assuring her both that he loved *her* and not her hair, but that he really liked her new hair, too.

Very well done! Welcome back with new stories. thumbsup

Ann

Columnist
Columnist
This was such a cute story...and a nice explanation as to how Lois' hair cut changed so drastically. I love how you brought back the comment Clark made earlier in the series about what he would say if his wife came home with a hair cut that looked ghastly...

I mean, now Lois gets to experience what being with Mr. Always Right is like in that scenariou wink he he!

Great job!

Spike: "There's a hole in the world...feels like we ought to have known."
-Angel
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks to both of you, Ann and tvnerdgirl.

Ann - I am the same way. I love the "tough" Lois, but we see the insecure Lois from time to time. Usually Clark is the only one who gets to see her that way. Because by the time she gets back in to work after something's happened, she has "steeled" herself and is back to her normal tough self. The one episode that's my favorite example of this is "Witness" from season 1. When Lois was strangled in her apartment and Clark rushed in a revived her, she was so vulnerable. Even asking Clark not to leave her to try and follow the man who had impersonated Mr. Tracewski. But then by the time they got back in to work, she was back to her old self. Perry asked her what she was doing there and she said "I work here Chief. I have a job to do." Very matter of factly.

I felt like that is what she was doing in my story. She needed time away from everyone to pull herself together so she could she face everyone with her tough exterior. And since she does show her insecure side to Clark, it naturally came out when he came to check on her.

But thank you so much! I'm glad you "got" what I was trying to relay in my writing.

And tvnerdgirl, I loved referrencing that scene about Clark's "pretend" wife that Lois had proposed. It seemed so fitting and ironic.

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
This was a really cute story. goofy

Thanks for sharing, I really enjoyed it.

Ursie wave

Lois: Well, I like my quirks. I think they make me unique.
Clark: You certainly are unique.

Clark: You're high maintenance, you know that?
Lois: But I'm worth it!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks Ursie! Yeah I relied on some personal experience when I wrote this. goofy

J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
Very nice debut, L&C4ever! I really enjoyed reading this story. wave

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Cute story. I'm always in favor of any story where Lois gets her hair cut. It's fun to explore different ways to have Lois make the move from season two to season three.

Tank (who is thinking that it might be time to bring back the haircut challenge fic wink )

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks Julia. Glad you got a good haircut, just remember, no sudden moves wink

Tank, I'm glad you liked it. Nan told me that you'd be happy to see another fanfic about Lois getting her haircut. She said you had a thing for that. laugh

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
A nice story, great for a first try!

I like the fact that it's not just about the haircut, but you've set the whole scene in the Planet, and then Lois's fears and worries that 'come true', and Clark's reaction... You've got everything, and it's pretty good too.

Mind if I point out a typo?

she had done more then just that
Should be 'than'.

Keep up the good work!
See ya,
AnnaBtG. clap

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
A wonderful story! smile1 This is a great explanation for Lois's haircut.

Congratulations on posting your first story. jump I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Tricia cool

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Cute, cute story. I really enjoyed it! (Even if I don't enjoy Lois with the short hair goofy )

Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thank you all so much for the positive feedback. It spurs me on to continue writing my next fic. The next one is more episodic and has more angst.

Anna, thanks for pointing out the "then/than" thing. That one sneaks up on me from time to time. I had three people beta read for me, and I re-read it several times. We caught several things but the more eyes you have the better. laugh

Columnist
Columnist
So like I promised I have read the stories on the weekend and they were great. I loved her insecurities because of the hair dresser... like all the women are.

Great story and I liked the way Clark reacted. Can't wait for your next story.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks Tahu. Glad you enjoyed it. laugh

Yeah, next story, I'm working on it. wink

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard