Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Oh my it has been a long time since posting anything here! Work. RL. Family and an abundance of other things have kept me from posting. Anyhow, I wanted to start the new year off with something light and waffy. We will not even mention the awful storm that is hammering the East Coast right now.

Many thanks to BlueOwl and MikeM for betaing this little story. I hope everyone enjoys it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

So nice to be back! clap

Oh yeah, comments welcomed! grovel

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Online Content
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Welcome back! I enjoyed this a lot. I love that Lois had Luthor pegged. Lois is right, Luthor would never walk to her place in the rain to bring her chocolate treats and to cheer her up but Clark would! Thanks for the warm fuzzies and for making me smile! I needed this tonight!

Features Writer
Features Writer
Seeing Clark thwart Luthor in any way is always a nice read ^_^
Thanks for letting me beta smile

Top Banana
Top Banana
A nice, WAFFY story. I especially liked that Lois had Lex figured out.

Third: Ralph. Ralph Lombard had scooped her on the Upper Terrace Nursing Home scandal Friday morning. The owner of a chain of these highly reputable nursing homes ‘neglected’ to report the deaths of several of the seniors in their care. The owner, Mitchell Quays, had been collecting pension and social security checks, from the deceased seniors. Not only that, but the man had manipulated some of the residents into leaving a sizable portion of their will to Quay rather than their relatives or other charities.

Quay reminds me of one of the pastors of the church I grew up in. He kept manipulating elderly people into leaving him their money, which he then spent on himself. The congregation finally got wise and kicked him out.

She looked up at him and a wicked smirk slid over her face. “Can you honestly imagine him coming here on foot during a rainstorm to cheer me up? What about helping me develop the outline of a non-fiction book without it serving his own interests? He’s a lot of things, but fun ain’t one of them!

Oh, Luthor has plenty of fun--jet-setting around the world, dreaming up ways to bedevil Superman, committing murder, running organized crime...it just isn't fun for anybody else.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
T
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
T
Thunder clouds heaped up like angry puffs of heavy wool hovered menacingly over Carter Street, promising a stormy summer night. A tall, strikingly handsome young man carrying an umbrella and a large white bag walked briskly down the street as the clouds became even darker. When he departed work two hours before, the sky had been picture-perfect, but it was rapidly changing. The beautiful cocktail-blue shade had shifted into ugly slate. He quickened his pace as a light drizzle began and soon shifted into a gentle tapping on the street and pavement before swiftly turning into a tumultuous downpour.

I loved this. Every word helps paint this fantastic picture that I can see, smell, hear and feel. Very evocative!

Great fic... Loved how Lois saw through Luthor and she and Clark settled in for a nice evening home.

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Loved this story, so beautifully written. Thank you for sharing

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Songbird

Welcome back! I enjoyed this a lot. I love that Lois had Luthor pegged. Lois is right, Luthor would never walk to her place in the rain to bring her chocolate treats and to cheer her up but Clark would! Thanks for the warm fuzzies and for making me smile! I needed this tonight!

Warm fuzzies are important, they allow us to have a little fun! Nope, Lex is definitely not the 'walking in the rain' type!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
BlueOwl

Seeing Clark thwart Luthor in any way is always a nice read ^_^
Thanks for letting me beta smile

Luthor needs to know that he will not always get his way! So glad you were able to do it!

Morgana

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
AnnieB

HOORAY! party Getting a comment from you means so much to me!

A nice, WAFFY story. I especially liked that Lois had Lex figured out.

Yeah, this is early Season 1 Lois. No way could that snake in the grass get around our Lois.

Morgana

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Toomi8

I loved this. Every word helps paint this fantastic picture that I can see, smell, hear and feel. Very evocative!

Great fic... Loved how Lois saw through Luthor and she and Clark settled in for a nice evening home.

There is nothing more romantic than walking in the rain. So it is always easier for me to write about rainfall than any other weather condition. So glad the scene came alive for you. Lex is my favorite villain and John Shea played the daylights out of the role! I can hear his voice over the answering machine asking Lois out for an extended date. But in the end she made the right choice.

Last edited by Morgana; 02/21/22 05:18 PM. Reason: edits

Morgana

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Bakasi

Loved this story, so beautifully written. Thank you for sharing

Thank you so much! The descriptions of the rainfall and pastries took time, but it was rewarding. smile

Morgana

Features Writer
Features Writer
What a marvelous surprise to find a new story from you. And what a delightful story it is! I savored each scene. Your descriptions - whether of the weather, the food, Clark's super-hearing kicking in, or Lois' attire and mood - really add depth to the story, making it easy to feel all the sensations associated with each scene. So glad that Lois was not bamboozled by Lex. Loved the symmetry in both Lois and Clark choosing the other, Clark to support her and Lois to acknowledge his efforts,

Well done seems SO inadequate! Thanks so much for sharing this gem!

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
New story! Yay! hyper

Third: Ralph. Ralph Lombard had scooped her on the Upper Terrace Nursing Home scandal Friday morning.
Scooped by Ralph. Ouch! That is a new level of low. frown

He decided to make a couple of stops before going to her apartment after work. With a tiny smile he thought first a quick visit to Amandine’s patisserie, Chez Morel in Paris for chocolate croissants. Next a visit to the newly opened Italian Bakery, Sophia’s which was not that far from his own apartment. Elsie in rewrite had mentioned in her humble opinion the perfect dessert. The cannolis were delicate tube-shaped shells of fried pastry dough, filled with a sweet, creamy ricotta filling. He was curious to try them, especially since he had eaten them when he lived in Sicily.
Perfect choices to sweeten even the sourest mood. drool

Before replying, she took the pastry boxes out of the bag and like an excited little girl with pretty presents opened the boxes. He heard squeals of delight and the word, ‘chocolate’ several times.
Spot on! grin

The quiet was punctuated by the sounds of the storm winds blowing outside and warm rain pattering against the window
I love your descriptions. Always so vivid! clap

Tonight she needed a friend, not Superman.
It looks like a job for... Clark Kent.

Enough about him.
Yes! Enough about Lex. sick

Tonight he had accomplished a lot more than raising Lois’ spirits, hopefully by his presence he had derailed any of Luthor’s plans for ensnaring her in a relationship.
Job accomplished! clap

Faint echoes of thunder and lightning flashes had moved away from the city as well as the heavy downpour. The howling wind had died down and the onslaught of warm rain was now lightly pattering against the windows. Metropolis and its citizens were enjoying the restful echoes of gentle rainfall.
Perfection! notworthy

He could sense something intangible spicing the air, warmth, friendship, and the tiniest beginnings of something more.
Warm and fuzzy story with a lovely ending! love Great story as always, my friend! clap clap clap

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
I think I have read all your work on the archives, but never left feedback on the boards. Your stories are like paintings. The graphic descriptions bring the colors and hues alive to the point that it’s as if you can walk right into the scene and become a part of its splendor: visiting old favorites while getting to know new characters; enjoying a good meal; a glorious sunset; etc…….. tasting, touching, feeling everything with heightened senses that invite the reader in to linger and stay awhile.

Thanks for sharing!

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Cuidadora

What a marvelous surprise to find a new story from you. And what a delightful story it is! I savored each scene. Your descriptions - whether of the weather, the food, Clark's super-hearing kicking in, or Lois' attire and mood - really add depth to the story, making it easy to feel all the sensations associated with each scene. So glad that Lois was not bamboozled by Lex. Loved the symmetry in both Lois and Clark choosing the other, Clark to support her and Lois to acknowledge his efforts,

Well done seems SO inadequate! Thanks so much for sharing this gem!

Awww, thank you! blush Originally this story was going to be a mood piece, but thankfully wiser heads (my hubby Ted and a PMer) prevailed. This direction is so much more satisfying! Actually the hardest part of the fic was having Clark decide not to patrol the city that night. We usually expect Clark to 'be on duty' every evening. But he really wanted to spend time with his lovely partner and it was the right decision. If he had gone to answer a rescue, Lois would have flown to sunny Miami with Lex and the rest would have lead to a certain green cage we all hate. frown

The descriptions were also a challenge, especially the pastries! No French or Italian bakeries around here to do a 'taste test'! Again thanks my friend, your comments are always a joy to read.

Last edited by Morgana; 01/22/22 09:06 PM.

Morgana

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Ultra Woman

Scooped by Ralph. Ouch! That is a new level of low. frown

What a unhappy development that was! Imagine losing the front page spot to a no-talent like him. Eek! It was a very bad day for her.

Perfect choices to sweeten even the sourest mood.

Cannolis are scrumptious and special desserts for me because they are rather hard to come by. Whenever I go home to NYC there is this lovely bakery in Brooklyn that makes them so light and creamy it is like biting into a cloud! drool

Warm and fuzzy story with a lovely ending! love Great story as always, my friend! clap clap clap

There are many old and some new friends commenting on this story. You are the one I have known on the boards the longest, thank you so much for reading and saying such kind words. Yikes! What do I do for an encore? party

Last edited by Morgana; 01/22/22 09:03 PM. Reason: Additional comments

Morgana

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Penny_Lane

I think I have read all your work on the archives, but never left feedback on the boards. Your stories are like paintings. The graphic descriptions bring the colors and hues alive to the point that it’s as if you can walk right into the scene and become a part of its splendor: visiting old favorites while getting to know new characters; enjoying a good meal; a glorious sunset; etc…….. tasting, touching, feeling everything with heightened senses that invite the reader in to linger and stay awhile.

Thanks for sharing!

Dear Penny_Lane:

Thank you so much for letting me know you have read my previous stories on the archives. That really made me smile and shed a tear or two. It is a lovely compliment. So glad my descriptions created mental pictures and allowed you to step into the scene. Such comments makes the hours, days and sometimes years of work worth the effort. smile

Morgana

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Hi Morgana!

Been a long time smile1
Normally the noises and sensations around him were easily ignored, but this cacophonous mixture of nature, traffic and humanity was a trifle more than he could bear.
He could try brown noise and headphones.

Lois needs sunshine and laughter, not gloom and doom!”
Oh? I did not expect that one.

When Lois called to inform Willie, he was on her ‘hit’ list, the hapless man never picked up the phone.
Maybe he was already on someone else’s hitlist?

be nothing more than an overblown story of sibling rivalry between the founder’s son and daughter.
Well, considering what precipitated the Dance of the Dragons, I wouldn’t say that sibling rivalry can’t make for great headlines. And burning cities.

Toni Taylor: Hey, I had the Westside burned down, didn’t I? No need to all the way to Westeros.

Third: Ralph. Ralph Lombard had scooped her on the Upper Terrace Nursing Home scandal Friday morning.
Ouch.

packed the ever present camel-colored briefcase full of files, lipstick and Double Fudge Crunch bars and
laugh

Walking down the hallway, the melody of the closing theme to The Ivory Tower reached his ears.
Oh boy. New sound system?
Hmm…
Duh! Super hearing.

Lois’ clothing surprised him, the fuzzy pink sweats and worn blue bunny slippers were very different from her normally polished appearance.
Oh dear. Funk it is.

I thought you were the delivery guy from Romano’s Trattoria
No delivery of entertainment. Sorry!

and watched … ah … educational television.
/Cocks eyebrow/
Lois /mumbling/: how to catch a man in flagrante.

Oh! Where are my manners, your jeans and polo shirt look damp! Come in!”
She could have him remove them.

Give me a minute to change into some proper clothes
Bought at Lex’s Delight?

“Wait a minute, what about your novel…” Clark’s voice trailed off. He bit the inside of his cheek.
Lois glared daggers at him and growled with Mad Dog intensity. “Who told you I was writing a novel?
Lois did. During Strange Visitor

What kind of book do you want to write? Fiction or non-fiction?”
Some journalists manage to be this creative in their day jobs?

“Figures. Another Kent secret.”
This could be a good title!

The boy said quietly, “Good evening Miss Lane. Oh, hello Mr. Kent.”
Aww, Clark’s here often enough to be known by Lois’s delivery guy.

Lex Luthor’s voice, with its cultured, confident tones could be heard coming out of the answering machine.
Look, it’s the corporate corruption subject calling.

What about helping me develop the outline of a non-fiction book without it serving his own interests?
He could help with exposing Intergang?

He could sense something intangible spicing the air, warmth, friendship, and the tiniest beginnings of something more.

The End
Heartfelt, wholesome story with lots of little details clap

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard