Next Thread
Print Thread
rivka Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
This is WONDERFUL! thumbsup

Some of my favorite lines:
"Do you wear a disguise? Are you running around dressed like Zorro and fighting oppression?"
*giggle*

The niggle goes 'Ahhhhhh… nope. Not what I was thinking.'
laugh
What does he want me to say? What is the protocol for this situation? It's not like there's a handbook, 'So You're Dating A Superhero: How To Handle The Confession.'
rotflol

And then this wonderful bit at the end:
I blink back sudden tears. That's what I'm missing - I'll have to look at him differently from now on. He can't just be plain old Clark to me anymore.

I miss him already.
I very much like that you posted two parts at the same time. I believe this should be a new trend among authors! laugh

When will we get to see MORE of this marvelous story?

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Very, very cool! I like the present tense, real-time narrative. I know from experience how difficult it is to pull off, and you're doing a great job! It gives this story a fly-on-the-wall feel.

It also makes me wonder if we'll "see" this from Clark's point of view. He's got to be feeling his way through this just like Lois is.

And it's so poignant to "hear" her think about how the old Clark is gone now, and she'll have to rebuild her relationship with this new Clark/Superman amalgam. I hope it isn't too difficult, but given the projected number of chapters, I'd expect to see some serious angst here.

I eagerly await the next chapters!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
All of this wonderful story has already been posted in a nfic version over in the nfic folder.

I'm glad there is going to be a gfic version of this story, for two reasons. First, this site should welcome young people who want to read about Lois and Clark, but people under eighteen should not be encouraged to read nfic.

Second - well, I guess there are a few of you who may have realized how I feel about deathfic. I feel bad and upset for days or weeks if I have as much as skimmed, let alone read, a LnC deathfic. I feel the very concept of Lois and Clark has somehow been tainted by it, because the story sticks in my mind and festers. So, given how extremely bad I feel about LnC deathfic, the least I can do is respect those who don't want to read any sort of Lois and Clark nfic.

But I also feel the need to point out that to me, the nfic scenes in the nfic version of this story were truly delightful. There were two aspects of them that I just loved. First there were the seduction scenes, where we were treated to a first-hand experience of Lois's fear, thrill, doubt and growing desire as she was maneuvering herself and Clark towards lovemaking. The second thing were the lovemaking scenes themselves, where Lois was somehow full of awe at the fact that she was doing this with Clark. Her total awareness during lovemaking of Clark as Clark, not as an instrument of pleasure, was something I found so moving and delightful.

I suspect I will consider the gfic version of this story the second best version of it. I'm glad the gfic version is being written, and I honestly wouldn't want anyone who dislikes nfic to read the nfic version. After all, each and everyone of you out there could argue until you were blue in the face that I should read a great and fantastic Lois deathfic. Either I would resist you or else I would give in, in which case I would really, really wish that I hadn't!

But this is what I wanted to say. If you are over eighteen years old, and you think you would be all right reading a Lois and Clark nfic story, why not give the nfic version of Sue's story a try?

Ann

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
clap clap clap

Marcy

(Elrond's blessing at the departure of the company from Rivendell)

"Farewell, and may the blessing of Elves and Men and all Free Folk go with you.
May the stars shine upon your faces!"
-Lord of the Rings, J.R.R. Tolkien
rivka Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Ann, just as you dislike reading deathfic (while some of us enjoy well-written deathfic), some FoLCs prefer not to read nfic.

Don't you think it is likely that anyone who wants to read nfic (and is over 18) is already doing so?

I would never push anyone who preferred to avoid deathfics to read one, no matter how wonderful I thought it was.

Sue, thanks for making this wonderful story available as gfic! thumbsup

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Rivka, I totally agree with you. Please understand I'm not asking anyone who is uncomfortable with nfic to read the nfic version. Hopefully I made that clear in my previous post.

I was, instead, really addressing those who might be willing to give nfic a try, but who were unwilling to to just plunge blindly into the nfic folder for fear of finding stories they really wouldn't like. I wanted to tell them that if they were interested, this was a story I could recommend.

I have gone on and on about how I hate deathfic. The least I can do is respect other people who have strong feelings about other genres, nfic in particular. I didn't want my comment to sound as if I didn't respect those who don't like nfic, but I'm afraid it probably did anyway. Please accept my apology.

Ann

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard