Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
[Linked Image]

Kerth Schedule
  • Kerth Nominations: January 29th 9pm CST - February 12th 9pm CST
  • Kerth Final Voting: March 19th 9pm CDT - April 2nd 9pm CDT
  • Kerth Ceremony: April 23rd 9pm CDT on Skype. The link will be provided after the final voting is completed.

As mentioned last year we will be using Skype chat to present the Kerth Awards this year. A link will be provided after final voting has been completed.

The Eligible list of fics and their categories will be posted here in the next week. Please give Deadly Chakram and I a few days to finish double-checking all the fics and compiling the list. If you have questions regarding the Kerths please email the KCOM at kerthawards dot com.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi Val,

My thanks to you and the entire KCOMM for doing all of the necessary leading up to, during, and after the ceremony itself. You all put in numerous hours to have a fun event and your efforts are much appreciated.

I fear I won't be able to join the party. I don't have a personal Skype account, and when I tried to get one, I ran across the most fiendish CAPTCHA I have seen in my life. It requires you to properly orient a picture *ten times*, with no instructions hinting at the best solution. The image was an animated GIF of umbrellas in various orientations moving. I had assumed that the proper orientation was them moving downward, consistent with gravity. I tried the CAPTCHA twice and was deemed wrong both times. When I tried to get a different CAPTCHA, it repeatedly gave me the same one. I did an online search and discovered that I am by no means the only human to fail the test.

Anyway, since Microsoft won't let me create a personal Skype account, I'll have to skip the ceremony. If there is a transcript made of it, I would love to read it.

Thanks,
Lynn

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
Hi Val,

My thanks to you and the entire KCOMM for doing all of the necessary leading up to, during, and after the ceremony itself. You all put in numerous hours to have a fun event and your efforts are much appreciated.

I fear I won't be able to join the party. I don't have a personal Skype account, and when I tried to get one, I ran across the most fiendish CAPTCHA I have seen in my life. It requires you to properly orient a picture *ten times*, with no instructions hinting at the best solution. The image was an animated GIF of umbrellas in various orientations moving. I had assumed that the proper orientation was them moving downward, consistent with gravity. I tried the CAPTCHA twice and was deemed wrong both times. When I tried to get a different CAPTCHA, it repeatedly gave me the same one. I did an online search and discovered that I am by no means the only human to fail the test.

Anyway, since Microsoft won't let me create a personal Skype account, I'll have to skip the ceremony. If there is a transcript made of it, I would love to read it.

Thanks,
Lynn

Hey Lynn,

It does let you join the chats through a guest account without creating a Microsoft account. When it gets closer we can send you the link to see if it works for you.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
Subscribe on YouTube
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Really? That's wonderful. Thanks. smile

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Online Content
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Hi Val,

I would like to ask a question but I need to confirm the email address you posted above. I sent the email to KCOM@kerthawards.com and it bounced back. Could someone please let me know what I’m doing wrong. Thank you!

Best,
Songbird

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hey Songbird,

Send me an email at folc4evernaday at gmail dot com.

I've sent the issue to Annette to look into as I received the same error.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I thought KCOMM had two "M's." Could that be the problem?

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I checked with Annette and she is correcting the issue. During the change in host the alias didn't get setup.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Online Content
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Thanks Lynn! I sent the email to Val’s email and KCOMM. KCOMM bounced too so hopefully Val with get my email at her address.

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Ah well, Songbird, it was worth a shot. Sorry the solution wasn't so simple. But it looks like Val and Annette are already busy resolving the problem.

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Online Content
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Thanks Lynn! It was definitely worth a shot. I appreciate your taking the time to help me.

Best,
Songbird

K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Wooohooo!! I’m so thankful that there was a fandom still alive and thriving when I came back mid-last year!! And I’m happy that the Kerths are still going, too! smile Thanks so much for all the hard work you do!

Sara smile <3

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Features Writer
Features Writer
So excited ^_^ Thanks for organizing all of this hyper

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Thank you for compiling the list and organizing the Kerths

It's never too dark to be cool. cool

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard