Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Summary: It's the holidays, and with that comes one of those occasions that Clark hadn't planned for... if only he could find a way to avoid it, while keeping his secret, well...secret.

...I should note -- I haven't written any L&C in *years*....please go easy on me?

Fic is here. Enjoy!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
I enjoyed this story! It was fun! I loved Clark coming up with ways to get delayed, including spilling his coffee twice. LOL!

Glad to see you writing again!

Merry Christmas!

AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I agree with Anna B., the Greek: Fun story.

I’m kind of surprised, though, that Lois didn’t just tell him to say that he had a medical condition that kept him from giving blood. It’s simple, and it’s true; after all, as far as they know, his blood could not safely be given to a human recipient, even if it could be extracted from him.

Still, this story was delightful.

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Thank you very much, LaraMoon, what a delightful answer to my prompt. It's good to see you writing again.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
That was hysterical! I laughed all the way through reading it. Thanks so much for writing this neat little fic. It really made me smile.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Great story ^_^ Loved the revelation.
Glad Lois quickly came up with a plan. Though what are they going to do next year? :P

K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Poor Clark is just no good at excuses. lol I love the competitive aspect of it because that's what made it extra troublesome!

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Poor Clark! Trying his best to get out of it and Lois not getting huis hints. Nice revelation and I love Lois' reaction.

Yay for you writing again.

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thank you Lynn for shitting on my story - I'm sorry I didn't have you write it, since you're so much smarter than I am. I remember now why I'd left this place - rude, entitled commenters who're not interested in someone else's idea of what a story could be, only their own. I'm extremely sorry to have made myself vulnerable in posting a story here. I will most definitely never come back again.

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
I'm sorry that you take such offense in Lynn's comment that you no longer want to be part of this fandom. But knowing Lynn, I'm pretty sure her comment wasn't meant disrespectful. I can understand why you don't welcome criticism concerning your plot. I do like your solution, because IMO, claiming some condition might have created other problems.

Though, personally, I think that using the S-word in your reply is a bit harsh

Last edited by bakasi; 12/26/21 02:53 PM.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hello LaraMoon,

My comment obviously came off as being much harsher than I intended. I am so sorry that my comment proved to be offensive. I had not intended it to be. As I mentioned in my first post, I thought your story was fun, and I enjoyed it a great deal. Please don’t stop posting because of my comment. To do so would be to deprive you of the joy of writing and posting fanfic, and your readers the joy of reading your stories. I promise I will never again post any feedback on your stories that could possibly be construed as negative. If you wish, I won’t even post any feedback whatsoever on your stories again.

Once again, I am so sorry that my comment proved hurtful.

Please do keep posting,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Lara!

So great to see you back to posting!

Like Blood from a Stone
Probably due to the blood reference, I somehow got to ‘vampires’ dizzy

CAT: Lois is like a fun-vampire. Every party she gets her fangs into, she sucks the fun right out of.

First, there seemed to be many more people than usual in the newsroom, and second, something was being set up in the conference room. He had a bad feeling about all of it immediately.
So, either a Christmas party including a tree, or Revenge Redoux.

It's the annual blood drive, Clark. You know… the one that happens every year?"
Oh. Also, Lois, he’s only been here for six months.
LOIS: felt like six years.
CLARK: Blood? Drive? Oh look, I need to return my neighbor’s cat’s yoga video to the store.

And then you can roll up your sleeve like the rest of us and do something nice, for the good of other people."
Yes, they would feel really super!

"That's what Superman does every day, you know… And now, us mere mortals get to experience a little bit of what it's like to be a superhero. Even you. Isn't that amazing?"
This is amazing work!

. "Those chumps at The Star aren't getting the participation award two years in a row. Not on my watch!"
PRESTON CARPENTER: No, I didn’t double the staff just a month before the blood drive so I could win an award. Why do ask?

"I need you to cover Mayor Berkowitz's press conference in half an hour."
Excuse!

Much too early to head back to the Planet, he realized. If they spent enough time here, he wouldn't even need to excuse himself from the charity event.
laugh

"You really do know how to make it easy for me to hate you."
They are so adorable!

"Oh please, I never faint!"
And she has quite a lot of experience with reduced blood volume.

but given the impact it had had on Lois' mood, he honestly was sorry for it.
clap

you're not scared of needles, are you? Clark, you're a grown man!" "Of course I'm not—" he began, but she wouldn't let him finish.
Actually, he’s got quite the bad rep in the needle community.

Didn't you get your shots when you were a kid?"
CLARK: No, I was never shot when I was a kid.

Luckily, Lois seemed to have heard only what she thought he'd been saying — as per usual. She rolled her eyes at him for the umpteenth time. "Well, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck," she told him.
There’s a six months cool-off period for giving blood if you’ve been to high-risk countries (Malaria, etc). That might work? If he fudges the numbers a bit?

You're right, I have been trying to avoid the whole thing. I really need to get out of here or they'll find out.
Don’t know how it was I the US in the nineties, but over here they’ve only recently removed gay relationships as a high-risk factor and Clark is in a very intimate relationship with Superman.

"...the thing is that it's not possible to harvest a pint of blood from my body. I don't even bleed at all."
He’s a robot!

How stupid do you think I am?"
He should not point at the galactic plane right now.

"So, let me get this straight, then," Lois said after a long pause. "You've lied to me every single day since we've met. Continuously.
And she never once got suspicious.
LOIS: You know what? You don’t tell Perry and I don’t tell Perry, deal?

You owe me something big. Huge. Like a nice, fancy, candlelight dinner. In Paris!"
They also have a Lexor in Paris. They could rent the honeymoon suite?

Clark bit back a chuckle, idly wondering if he'd need to bring a Scrabble board along to Paris or not…
evil

Lara, this was a delicious treat!

/reads comments thread/

sad And I do wan to chime in with Barbara, your excuse works perfectly within the established canon of LnC clap

Hope to see you again one day smile1

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard