Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A story about Lois finding the holidays with the help of a natural phenomenon....

Spike: "There's a hole in the world...feels like we ought to have known."
-Angel
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
I love, love, love this story!! You had so many phenomenally written paragraphs that not only painted a beautiful picture but also set the tone so well for the story!! love

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
πŸ†2024 Kerth Award Posts πŸ†.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Top Banana
Top Banana
What a lovely story! I can quite relate to the feeling this season/year. Really brings hope that better times will come. So thank you!

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Originally Posted by Saskia
What a lovely story! I can quite relate to the feeling this season/year. Really brings hope that better times will come. So thank you!

Thanks so much! It's not always a happy time for all and I wanted to capture that plus a bit of hope. Thank you ☺️

-Angel
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Ksarasara thank you!!! Your help was invaluable! I loved writing this so thank you

-Angel
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Beautifully written! I really enjoyed reading it! Clark's the cutest thing. ^_^
For some reason, the scene where Lois is getting ready for the party at the Planet is my favourite. Just the right amount of frustration and amusement at the same time.
Also, the northern lights are bucket list material! I was hoping he'd take her there when he told her to dress warmly!
Great response to the challenge! Hope Toomi8 likes it at least as much as I did!

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Originally Posted by Anna B. the Greek
Beautifully written! I really enjoyed reading it! Clark's the cutest thing. ^_^
For some reason, the scene where Lois is getting ready for the party at the Planet is my favourite. Just the right amount of frustration and amusement at the same time.
Also, the northern lights are bucket list material! I was hoping he'd take her there when he told her to dress warmly!
Great response to the challenge! Hope Toomi8 likes it at least as much as I did!

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

Thanks so much for reading! I also really enjoyed the pre party scene. When the prompt asked for a natural phenomenon the Northern lights were the first thing to come to mind. Living in Canada we occasionally see them even in southern Ontario and I have. They are amazing.

When the song popped up on my playlist I knew I had my story

Thanks again!

-Angel
P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
Wow! Well done.

Fantastic job of capturing that lost & lonely little girl that many of us hide away from others. And what a glorious contrast the northern lights present to that dark, hidden place when we discover someone special with whom we can fully share the secret disappointments and fears of our heart.

So glad your fic was 5 chapters. But, as always, a good story is never long enough! Thank you. And please bless us with more.

Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Originally Posted by Penny_Lane
Wow! Well done.

Fantastic job of capturing that lost & lonely little girl that many of us hide away from others. And what a glorious contrast the northern lights present to that dark, hidden place when we discover someone special with whom we can fully share the secret disappointments and fears of our heart.

So glad your fic was 5 chapters. But, as always, a good story is never long enough! Thank you. And please bless us with more.

Thank you so much for reading! I wasn't sure whether I was going a bit too dark with a prompt that was supposed to be lighthearted and fun. But the song and the idea just spoke to me.

Thanks again for reading!

-Angel
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Finally, I got around to reading your fic. It's beautifully written and very sweet. I like how Clark shows Lois the Aurora and let's them be outsiders together. Thank you for sharing this story

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Originally Posted by bakasi
Finally, I got around to reading your fic. It's beautifully written and very sweet. I like how Clark shows Lois the Aurora and let's them be outsiders together. Thank you for sharing this story

Thank you so much! I know it was a bit lengthy but I couldn't do it any other way lol. I have always loved the Northern Lights so it was an easy choice. Thanks again!

-Angel
T
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
T
AAAAAHHHHHH I LOVE THIS SO MUCH!

And, hey! Fellow Canuck!

When I was filling out the prompt request, this was the exact natural phenomenon I was thinking of. I missed the wild show in early November because I slept through it. I'm still smarting over that! Now we may get a repeat performance but it's been -40 all week. I think I'm a bit further north than you, so we see them fairly regularly, but man it gets too cold some days.

It was quite sombre, but it worked well with the fic.

Thank you for sharing this smile

Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Originally Posted by Toomi8
AAAAAHHHHHH I LOVE THIS SO MUCH!

And, hey! Fellow Canuck!

When I was filling out the prompt request, this was the exact natural phenomenon I was thinking of. I missed the wild show in early November because I slept through it. I'm still smarting over that! Now we may get a repeat performance but it's been -40 all week. I think I'm a bit further north than you, so we see them fairly regularly, but man it gets too cold some days.

It was quite sombre, but it worked well with the fic.

Thank you for sharing this smile

Oh I'm so so glad you liked it! And how funny is it that two Canadians would think of the exact same thing lol!

I have friends in Alberta and I have seen the photos of how cold it is. Ice freezing on the inside of the windows and whatnot. Yikes! I am in Southwestern Ontario and we are having unnaturally warm weather which sounds great on paper but....

I have seen the Northern lights in Ontario a couple times. They are amazing!

I hope you get to see them and thanks again for the feedback!

-Angel
P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
You perfectly captured the disconnected feeling of looking in from the outside. I've always struggled to embrace the emotions others seem to live in, so that resonated deeply with me. I do love finding friends I can be an outsider together with!

Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Originally Posted by PuffyTiger
You perfectly captured the disconnected feeling of looking in from the outside. I've always struggled to embrace the emotions others seem to live in, so that resonated deeply with me. I do love finding friends I can be an outsider together with!

Oh thank you so much for this! I don't know when you posted this but if it's been a while I am sorry I missed it. I have felt that feeling all my life. I can't seem to be the kind of person who fits in with "normal" society and I channeled that into Lois' feelings. This is one of my favorites. Thank you!

-Angel

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard