Next Thread
Print Thread
A
AnnieM Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A
And we're done! I hope you've enjoyed this journey and this version of our favorite character's future half as much as I have! This story was my first foray into writing in fifteen years, and it was incredibly rewarding.

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
Features Writer
Features Writer
Yay for happy endings ^_^
Glad Lois realized what she was doing.
So relieved they're a strong, healthy family again. Thanks for sharing.

Top Banana
Top Banana
This has been a wonderful, mature story to follow. Nice to see a different side to them. Thanks for sharing and happy writing, whatever is next for you. smile

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm finally caught up! I really enjoyed it. So nice to see Lois and Clark as parents and dealing with normal life issues as well as Super stuff. Very realistic and it feels so like them. I loved all the little details and beautiful descriptions. So glad to have you writing again!

Just one question left: is Clark going to publish that other book?

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Annie, this is an outstanding ending to an outstanding story. Not only is this entire narrative innovative and the basic premise wonderfully brilliant, you've relayed it to us with eloquence and restraint. Not once did I feel as if I was short-changed by the characters, nor did I ever feel as if the story bogged down with needless exposition. The pace was excellent, the way the backstory unfolded was marvelous, the explanation of how Clark became Lois' ex-husband was told with both grit and tenderness, and you kept my interest all the way through. I'm so glad that Lois realized that they were both responsible for the family imploding. I'm also very glad that not only have Lois and Clark forgiven each other, both have forgiven themselves. And they both have realized that all the pain and torment they experienced has played a huge part in making them the people they are at the end. I'm especially glad that Lois learned that she can't sweep bad stuff under the rug and forget it. That "divorce annulment" would never have worked. Mattie, for one, wouldn't have understood or accepted it. The wedding with Martha and the kids was beautiful. These people have truly earned their happy ending.

You're getting a Kerth nomination from me! And almost surely from a lot of other people. I will be pleased but unsurprised when you win.

Excellent work, Annie. It has been rewarding to your readers as well as to yourself. Thank you for sharing your heart. clap

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
I second everything Terry said--and more! The entire story is very well written and draws the reader in from beginning to end. The "x-husband" hook is slightly shocking and immediately raises a multitude of questions which must be answered. The subtle technique used to weave in the backstory is elusive and so very effective.

I think this may be your best work yet! Very impressive. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
AnnieM, everyone has said just about everything I wanted to say about this story. What an intense period for Lois, Clark and their children! Still, it is so cool they re-married and are living together as they should be. Thanks so much for a great read!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard