Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
oh, this was great. just... laugh

oh, and going for regular soda... nice. laugh

trying desperately not to use up too many graemlins, but i had to point this one out...

She shook her head slightly then winced from the effort. "Not your fault. My sister's fault. I'm going to kill her."

Clark couldn't help but smile at her ironic tone. "Will there be drinks at the wake?"
rotflol

i did find it odd that jimmy's friend had such a similar experience to lois's. i understand what you were going for, but it would have been nice if at least some of the details had been different.

not happy to see things nearly as awkward between l&c as i'd feared, but i'm trusting that'll be fixed with part 4.

great story, guys!

Paul

p.s. yep. used too many graemlins. <sigh> you guys are just too good...

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
So many people have already replied. Not sure how much I can add to this, but I'll give it a shot.

Like the others, I find the email to be very funny. help

Maybe it's me, but I haven't the foggiest idea what people are talking about when they're referring to this blue cup. It seems like an inside joke. Maybe I just haven't been around these boards long enough. If it isn't an inside joke, then the humor's gone over my head. Just because she's the only one in the room with a blue cup and Lois reacts to it in a funny way doesn't make it THAT funny for so many to comment on it. Also I don't drink (don't like the taste of alcohol) so maybe I'm missing somethere there, too.

A great story so far. thumbsup Leaving us hanging for Part 4. Lois needs to figure things out fast.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Kerth
Kerth
Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

Lois groaned as the Daily Planet delivery truck next to her bed began to back up, emitting an effective yet horribly obnoxious tone to warn those in its path. Through bleary eyes, she noticed that the familiar globe that usually identified the paper's trucks had been replaced by The Quality Bar's logo on one side, and Jerry Maxwell's smiling face on the other. Her sister Lucy was driving.

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

"Lois, get out of the way!" her sister shouted as the truck rolled over Lois's prone body. "It's my birthday and you're blocking me. Come on, let's have some fun!"

Lois coughed from the exhaust fumes -- being under the truck was making her head pound, her eyes feel dry and gritty, and her mouth feel like it was filled with cotton.. "I know how to have fun," she protested, annoyed, as she tried to push against the tire. "Now get this truck off me and turn off that awful sound! It's giving me a terrible headache."

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

"Lucy, I mean it!"

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

"I'm tellin' Mom!"

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

As the sound of her alarm clock finally began to insinuate itself into Lois's subconscious, she became more aware of her surroundings and the image of the truck began to fade. Unfortunately, the feelings that had accompanied the dream did not. Slowly, she cracked one eye open, surveying her surroundings through the tiny slit. She appeared to be in her own bedroom, though for some reason, everything looked slightly different this morning. Lois groaned again, bringing an arm up to cover her eyes. The truck may have just been a dream, but she certainly felt as if she'd been run over by one.
wave

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Annie & Kathy smile1 grumble )

"Well, let's see, so far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, treated as your girlfriend, and I insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this. Mmm, mmm." -- Lois to Clark, 'Green, Green Glow of Home'
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
This part was excellent, Kathy and Annie - the email is too wonderful for words!

But what's all this hanging about?!?!? We want part 4, and we want it NOW!!! (And no blackmail over in #loisclark, either!)

mad whinging mad whinging mad wildguy

Mere

A diabolically, fiendishly clever mind. Possibly someone evil enough to take over the world. CC Aiken, Can You Guess the Writer? challenge
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Just posting a second time to get the numbers up so Kathy will post part 4 --

Love the story

Barb.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow!! Loving every word of this!!!!

Loved the alarm clock snooze, the pms medication, the email, how Clark saved it in a special file...

Too wonderful for words!!!

Excellent job, ladies!!

Now where's the final part?!!

wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy

More really soon!! like in one minute!!

Missy

KathyB Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
OK, OK, OK!!! Wow, you guys are tough! <G>

Thanks, everyone, for such amazing feedback. We are thrilled, obviously (who wouldn't be?!? jump ) that you like it so much and are finding it so funny. We kept saying that even if no one else laughed, at least we'd cracked ourselves up <g>, but we're glad that we're not the only ones. smile

Me wrote:

I don't find it surprising at all that he reads it [the email] a lot. Not sure if he finds it sexy. But Clark's clearly been in love with Lois for a long time. He's clinging to every hope and looking for any evidence that Lois returns his feelings. In vino veritas. He re-reads it over and over because it gives him real hope that she does love him.
Yes, this is basically what we were going for -- not that the email itself was particularly sexy or seductive, but that Lois is declaring all these feelings for him (we live happily ever after, etc.) and making it very clear she wants him to come back to her apartment *right now*, and while his mind knows it would be wrong to return, his libido isn't as easily convinced. <g>

And also:

Maybe it's me, but I haven't the foggiest idea what people are talking about when they're referring to this blue cup. It seems like an inside joke. Maybe I just haven't been around these boards long enough. If it isn't an inside joke, then the humor's gone over my head. Just because she's the only one in the room with a blue cup and Lois reacts to it in a funny way doesn't make it THAT funny for so many to comment on it.
Sorry about that smile ... yes, it is an inside joke, in a way, though hopefully it's only the comments that are confusing, not the story reference itself. As some people know, parts of this story were inspired by some of Annie's more ... interesting escapades at her favorite bars wink and we used some of her experiences to fill in details of the story.

In fact, if you want to see what we mean, Annie has graciously wink posted an example of what we're talking about:

Inspiration for Tea Totaled

<vbg>

OK, onto post part 4!!

Kathy and Annie

Blogger
Blogger
Kathy & Annie,

Great part. I love the scheming with Lois and Jimmy. LOL And it's all for not...CK's already read the e-mail.

Poor Lois.

hehe

razz

I also loved the terror in Lois' eyes when she figured out what she sent in the email to begin with.

Lord, this Lois is priceless.

Way to leave us at the end there as well. Sheesh. You can't just erase all that fieldwork. And that kiss!!!

Good grief.

No way did she forget that!

Suck it up, Lois. Time to come to the party. You can't hide behind a Phermone spray this time.

Great writing guys!!!

thumbsup

Bella

Lois : And you know, you put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark : "And I love you. Did we just make up?"
Lois : "I think so."
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard