Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
The title of this story is, of course, a variant of a certain L&C episode. The story contents, however, are very different.

As always, feedback appreciated.

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
I'm guessing that you're sharing very personal thoughts here. And I'm very impressed with what you've written. It's so full of love and guilt that it's unbelievable you manage to squeeze all those emotions into so few words.
While I have never been in your shoes, I've watched other women struggle with the same dilemma of both wanting and needing to care for their special need children. And while any mother knows the conflict between her children's needs and her own, it must be so much harder for you.
I'll send you a virtual hug and right in this moment I wish it could be a real one.

Getting help and protecting yourself and your ability to give your children the love they need is no sign of being a bad mother.

Last edited by bakasi; 12/04/21 02:15 AM.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Hi Barbara,

Thank you for your warm wishes and the virtual hug as well as your story feedback. I really appreciate all of them.

You are spot on: This story is indeed very personal, and is far more fact than fiction. It pretty much describes where I was physically and emotionally a few years ago. Both my son and I are faring much better now than then. Getting him the help he needed was by far the best thing for both of us; I have come to understand this not only at an intellectual level but also (most of the time, anyway) at an emotional level.

Joy,
Lynn

S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Lynn, you've done a wonderful job of conveying power emotions in so few words. I can't imagine what you've been through.

Joan

L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Hi Joan,

Thank you. It often feels as though my life were just two dimensional before my son came along. The highs are so much higher and the lows are so much lower now than I ever would have dreamt possible. But although the lows make for more dramatic reading, rest assured there have been highs, too. smile

Joy,
Lynn

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard