Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
All comments appreciated.

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Haha, this reminds me of a certain blue bear who is the main character of a puppet show over here. He's also the hero of a book. This bear used to be a captain of his ship, or so he says. He lives on his ship and tells his three grandchildren stories about all the things he allegedly did. One story imitate wilder than the next one and his grandchildren don't believe a word he says. And usually, he's lying. Just sometimes he can prove his adventures, which are always portrayed in snippets of cartoons. Hilarious! I'd share them, but I'm not sure they were translated.

As always, you manage to say so much with just a few words. Love this. Thanks for sharing, Lynn.

Last edited by bakasi; 11/13/21 12:56 PM.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Hi Bakasi,

I really appreciate your taking the time to leave feedback and to share pieces of your culture. If my German were even a tenth as good as your English, I would try to track down a sample of the show you describe.

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Yeah, sorry about that. It's kind of rude to advertise something that you won't understand. I looked if there was a version with at least english subtitles, but while the original book was actually translated the short films weren't. They've been part of a german educational tv show that's been on air for fifty years now. I watched the adventures of said bear when I was a kid and I'm watching then now with my children.

Last edited by bakasi; 11/14/21 01:10 PM.

L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
If you want to get a taste - the leading characters are a mouse and an elephant who don't talk.

Well, at least I would understand two of the characters. wink Even if they used German sign language, I might be able to understand them: Once upon a time, when I was fairly fluent in American Sign Language, I went to a Deaf Heritage conference in Germany. (No, I am neither deaf nor Deaf myself, but I was interested in the topic.) I managed to converse, after a fashion, with a German couple who knew German Sign Language, despite the fact that we didn't share any common languages. (American Sign Language is far more similar to French Sign Language than it is to the sign language of Germany or even of Great Britain.)

If you happen to have a link to the show, would you be willing to post it? Even if I don't get the nuances of most of it, I'd be curious to see how much I could glean from the visuals, tones of voice, etc. You've piqued my curiosity. smile

Thanks,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
You can try this link. It's a whole episode with sign language. I'm not sure it works outside Germany, because we pay collective fees for that broadcasting corporation. Something like taxes. Show with the Mouse

Here's another link with snippets of the show translated into English. English version

If those links don't work, I could point you to some Youtube videos

Last edited by bakasi; 11/14/21 02:11 PM.

L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, it didn't work. I received the error message, "Dieses Video kann leider nicht abgespielt werden. Wir bitten um Ihr Verständnis."

It was worth a try.

- Lynn

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Enter "Sendung mit der Maus" and English in YouTube. You will find some educational stories with English subtitles and Maus Spots. Since they are without words they are international.

L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
I just watch a few of the brief sketches, all of which were very creative.

Thanks for sharing these.

- Lynn

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard