Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
bakasi Online Content OP
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
This is a reply to Terry's Challenge about Lois who snaps under the pressure of being Superman's wife.

I guess this is not what Terry had in mind, because he is more the guy for well developed long stories ( and boy does he do a good job of it) But this idea was begging me to try my hand at it, particularly since I can relate to Lois' troubles.

So please tell me what you think. And should this remain a one-shot or do you want the problem solved?

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
@Bakasi: the story needs to be as long as the story needs to be. Just because I often write James Michner-length tales doesn't mean you need to. However you tell your story, that's how long it should be.

Having said that - this one needs more. You cannot leave it there! Does Lois calm down? Does Clark woo her back? Is she gone for the night or (she thinks) gone for good? How much time does it take? Do their kids suffer trauma from this episode? Does this spell the end for our favorite couple? Will lawyers get involved?

Inquiring minds need to know! Please continue.

How mad is Lois? Maybe this mad.
[Linked Image]

I infer from your comment that this is a semi-biographical tale. I'm sorry you suffered through whatever you suffered through. I have to tell you, though, you are not alone. The reason I can write about family trouble is because I've experienced family trouble. So I give you a virtual hug {{{{{hug}}}}} from a sympathetic friend. [Linked Image]

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
B
Beat Reporter
Online Content
Beat Reporter
B
Wow. Short one, but on Point. Poor Lois, indeed. Kids prefering a parent can really suck, I guess. And poor Clark, too. He's just trying to save People and that's what he get. Neither of them deserves this. Honestly, I think this can go in both directions, but if it should end well for our Kent Family something Needs to Change. If not, I totally see how things could fall apart under pressure. I agree with Terry, this definitely Needs to be continued. Oh, And good luck with your own Family stress, too.

Up, up and away - to the next fanfic.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Family Stress. Yup, I can relate.

This story definitely needs a conclusion, the length is entirely up to you. Just don't leave us hanging!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
bakasi Online Content OP
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Thank you all for the feedback. I wouldn't say that my personal stress is any worse than that of any working Mom. But thanks for the hugs, anyway.

I promise to conclude this fic.

S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
Yeah, well time to hire a nanny (and NDA).

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi Bakasi,

Please make this the first of a two-parter. My mind is going in a horrible direction with this story; specifically, that Lois is so overwrought that she doesn't pay sufficient attention to her driving and has a fatal car accident.

You've given us a very realistic look at what might happen down the line for our favourite couple. If Lois weren't so frazzled, I am sure she would have asked the journalistic questions before flying off the handle, but she is overwhelmed and she is human. It isn't surprising that Mad Dog nee Lane has come out.

Kudos on a well-written and thought-provoking part of what I hope proves to be a longer story.

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wow! Just...wow! Nailed the emotions of the overstressed, overworked Mom. NAILED. (As soon as you mentioned the tornado in the house, I assumed they had twins or more.)

I echo the pleas for a second part. Hopefully from Lois' POV. As was said above, once she calms down, I'm sure some part of her will recognize how battered Clark looked when he came in and she'll be in full journalistic questioning mode.

Thank you for sharing.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

bakasi Online Content OP
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
I'm glad you're liking this tale so far, Lynn and Deadly Chakram. I'm already working on that next part, though I'm not sure about Lois' POV. It's rather hard to include in this tale, since I chose Clark as the first person narrator.
We'll see about that.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard