Print Thread
#289702 09/10/21 09:20 PM
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Hi all,

I came upon the web site flashfictionfriday which challenges authors to submit short (75-100 word) original stories. This is one of my first submissions.

Although I gravitate toward short story writing, I am finding it challenging to develop original-universe stories in so few words. So far, I have had three published there -- two of which were adaptations of stories I posted here. "The Final Present" is my first short short story that completely started life outside of any fandom. I've already written my next short story for that site, but I'll have to wait to post it here until it is either accepted or rejected there. (They only publish stories that haven't been posted elsewhere, but they permit authors to post their stories elsewhere after they are up on their site.) If all goes well, within a fortnight, I'll be posting "Chocolate or Vanilla?"

So, what do you think of this story?

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Straightforward and powerful with very few words. How I wish I could write so much with so little!

Good job!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Hi Morgana,

Wow. Thank you! smile

Joy,
Lynn

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard