Print Thread
#289679 09/06/21 09:52 AM
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Hi all,

I just visited the Love and Capes website and was delighted to discover that there are new comics on it once again; in fact, they started much earlier this year. Here is the first comic in the series "Love and Capes: In the Time of Covid." I know what I'll be reading today. smile

Joy,
Lynn

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Thanks, Lynn! I just went to the site and blitzed all of them. They're still both funny and poignant all at once. Excellent recommendation.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Hi Terry,

You're very welcome. I just finished reading them all myself. I am impressed with how Zahler manages simultaneously to acknowledge many of the realities of living in COVID times while still keeping a light tone overall. I also (not surprisingly) enjoyed the Superman allusions.

The hard part now will be waiting each week for the next part to drop.

Joy,
Lynn

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
In the Time of Covid goes into book sales this months and Thom Zahler has announced another story: Home for the Holidays: https://twitter.com/thomzahler/status/1466074308598452230

:waves: Michael

Last edited by Darth Michael; 12/02/21 02:51 AM.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Wonderful. Thanks for starting my day with such cheery news.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
"Home for the Holidays" is in full swing by now. Right now it's on Patreon, but he will be doing a Kickstarter when it's done and then sell physical copies via his store, Amazon, etc:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thomzahler/love-and-capes-in-the-time-of-covid-collection/posts/3481756?comment=Q29tbWVudC0zNjMzNTI1NQ%3D%3D&reply=Q29tbWVudC0zNjMzNTMwMA%3D%3D

Timeframe seems to be end-of-the-year-ish.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The new Kickstarter is up!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thomzahler/love-and-capes-home-for-the-holidays/description
Deadline: November 23rd, for anyone who doesn't want to wait till it's also available via online shop.

wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thom Zahler is web-releasing Home for the Holidays (probably one page every couple of days like with the last one):
https://www.thomz.com/love-and-capes-h4h/2022/11/25/love-and-capes-home-for-the-holidays-01-RctOa

wave Michael

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard