Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#289503 08/07/21 08:28 PM
Blueowl Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Summary: Act II of AU series, Investigate. With Luthor's empire in shambles, another quickly moves in to take its place. However, they didn't account for Kent, not to mention Superman's direct approach. Private Investigator & prior military Kent. More assertive and proactive Superman.

Again, thanks to Morgana, Chereche, and Mary who helped beta this fic and/or acted as soundboards ^_^. And thanks to those on FOLC's Skype group who helped me clarify ideas.

Reading Investigate is strongly recommended. It can be found here: Investigate

If you're already caught up or just want to skip to begin reading the 2nd Act, here is chapter 1: Return

Also note, Act II takes place in the second season of canon, although I've taken the liberty of adjusting things accordingly, as this is an AU.
I hope you all enjoy ^_^

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Being one of the betas on this story was such a treat!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Blueowl Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Hi,

Some family stuff going on at the moment that I won't go into here, but we could use some prayers if any of you pray. My posts will likely be few and far between for a while, but I'm still around.

Anyway, here is the next part: Chapter 2

Hope you all enjoy. smile

Features Writer
Features Writer
I'm delighted to see you continuing this series. The premise is so intriguing. Also I like how even though she may not agree with everything he does, Mayson isn't hostile to Superman like she was in the show. I enjoyed your version of Superman's contact with Martin Snell.

I'm sorry about your family stuff. Family comes first, and the boards will be here whenever you're ready to post.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Blueowl Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by cuidadora
I'm delighted to see you continuing this series. The premise is so intriguing. Also I like how even though she may not agree with everything he does, Mayson isn't hostile to Superman like she was in the show. I enjoyed your version of Superman's contact with Martin Snell.

I'm sorry about your family stuff. Family comes first, and the boards will be here whenever you're ready to post.

Thanks. A new routine is starting this week for my family and the air seems breathable again.

Anyway, glad you like my approach with Mayson. It seemed to me the biggest issue she had with Superman was there not being any official decision on giving him authority to help emergency responders and no rules in place with legal affairs. With those things set, I think she would more easily be able to view him as an ally.

Well, next part is now up: Part 3: Mr. Church

L
L Offline
Columnist
Columnist
L
Happy to see this third story!! The others were so incredible and hope all lis well with you.

Last edited by L; 08/30/21 01:16 PM.

Silence is violence. End white supremacy based violence
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Hi Blueowl,

I just managed to catch up on your story. I'm glad that Lois has finally met Clark without his disguise. I'm wondering how the two will get along. For the time being, poor Clark seems out of commission after his encounter with the sound weapon. I don't think I've ever seen that one used in a fic. But then, Wall of Sound is one of the largely underrepresented episodes within this fandom.

Eagerly waiting for more

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Blueowl Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by L
Happy to see this third story!! The others were so incredible and hope all lis well with you.
Thanks L ^_^, and yeah, as good as they can be. My family is entering a new routine and we've received a number of answered prayers, so we're good.

Originally Posted by bakasi
Hi Blueowl,

I just managed to catch up on your story. I'm glad that Lois has finally met Clark without his disguise. I'm wondering how the two will get along. For the time being, poor Clark seems out of commission after his encounter with the sound weapon. I don't think I've ever seen that one used in a fic. But then, Wall of Sound is one of the largely underrepresented episodes within this fandom.

Eagerly waiting for more
Glad you caught up laugh And Wall of Sound is admittedly one of my favorite episodes. I often wondered why the government hadn't tried to use it on the bad Kryptonians....

Anyway! Next part is up: Structure

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Thank you for another great chapter. I like your Dr. Klein. And it's definitely interesting that Clark already thinks about telling Lois his secret. He seems to be less of a lunkhead than canon Clark. I like the changes and I'm curious where you are taking this

Blueowl Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Thank you for another great chapter. I like your Dr. Klein. And it's definitely interesting that Clark already thinks about telling Lois his secret. He seems to be less of a lunkhead than canon Clark. I like the changes and I'm curious where you are taking this

Thanks ^_^. I feel what he has experienced has matured him a bit more than canon-Clark. As for Klein, whenever I can use him, I try to. Such a great character.

Anyway, here is part 5: Friends?

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Thank you for another great chapter. I'm already looking forward to Lois and Clark meeting some more.

Blueowl Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Thank you for another great chapter. I'm already looking forward to Lois and Clark meeting some more.
Thanks smile
Next part is up -- Unseen

Fic now has 8 parts, because I had originally miscounted somehow.
Hope you all enjoy ^_^

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Yay, he is actually going to tell her his secret. I'm eagerly waiting for the next part.

When you blinded Clark in this part, I thought that he'd perhaps stay with Lois and he would tell her in the privacy of her apartment. But I like that he invited her to his place. I'm curious how she will react to the knowledge.

L
L Offline
Columnist
Columnist
L
OMG!!

Silence is violence. End white supremacy based violence
Blueowl Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Thanks bakasi and L.

Yes, Clark's going to do it! Hope you all like the approach and fallout. Part 7--Identity

Anyway, hope everyone is doing okay. It's been very quiet lately.

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Lois took it well. But then he didn't lie to her for more than a year. Certainly helped. I'm looking forward to their relationship developing.

Blueowl Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Lois took it well. But then he didn't lie to her for more than a year. Certainly helped. I'm looking forward to their relationship developing.
Thanks ^_^

Well, here is the last part to this Act: Date
Hope you all enjoy the ending.

I'm about half way through writing Act 3 ^_^

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Blueowl.

Thanks for giving us such a wonderfully different version of Superman's life! clap

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Well, this story has certainly less drama about it than the series. Not sure how I feel about that in the relationship department. When Clark told Lois about his plans for the future that reminded me a bit of my hubby's proposal. Very romantic- not.

But I loved their conversation about his expectations regarding intimacy.

Can't wait to read the full version of Act III

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard