Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#289459 08/01/21 03:07 PM
bakasi Online Content OP
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
This is my attempt to show what was going on inside Clark's mind at the end of "Whine, whine, whine."

This wasn't betaed. I used parts of the script.

Tell me what you think.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
YAY!!! I love it!!! clap clap clap

What a perfect dissection of that scene! And I love all the little tidbits like the Dan dartboard and the phone guy knowing Clark by name. Lovely! grin

Got any more of these? laugh

~•~
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
What Queenie said. Plus:

[Joy]"Party time, boys. I think it’s time to build up the Relationship Island.”

Disgust shook his head. “There’s such a thing as a Relationship Island? You’ve got to be kidding me!”

Touching and hysterical at the same time. Your usual great job! Thank you for a lovely surprise moment.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Features Writer
Features Writer
Hilarious ^_^
I liked how his emotions fought over the controls grin

C
Kerth
Kerth
C
OMG! That was brilliant!

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
bakasi Online Content OP
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Oh, thank you so much for your feedback, guys.

@Queen of the Capes: I think I have another one up my sleeve. wink

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Disgust shook his head. “There’s such a thing as a Relationship Island? You’ve got to be kidding me!”

What a great way to start my day! dance

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Great story and a perfect scene from the show to use for it! Clark's emotions absolutely would be dueling at that time and getting in control, only to be shoved aside by a different one. Masterfully done! Thanks for sharing!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Features Writer
Features Writer
What a great story. Loved the humor and Clark's conflict of emotions. clap

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
OH, this was just brilliant!

I remember seeing QotC’s challenge post and thought it would be such a fun idea! I was excited when I saw you posted your challenge responses…and then I’m sad to say I just never got around to reading them. I’d been busy writing and BRing and the other fic I was reading…I was looking for old comfort fics, ones that I knew would evoke the emotions that I was looking for…and every time I looked at this story, I thought to myself, that’ll be good but silly/funny/cute, but I wasn’t in the right mood.

I could not have been more wrong! This is really wonderful and has all sorts of emotions (DUH! What was I thinking??). I just honestly kept loving it the further I kept reading. What a fantastic scene to pick—just perfect! Because he really does have so many emotions in that scene, and it was just perfect the way they fought over things.

I feel like I had more to say, but I can’t think of it… but I just really, really loved this! Now I’m off to read the others! love

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

bakasi Online Content OP
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Thank you very much for the kind words, Sara. You totally made my day

T
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
T
Catching up on the Kerth reading...

These Inside stories are fantastic. I loved the movie and you've done a great job of characterizing the emotions within Clark. I can see it all play out in my mind. Thank you for participating in this challenge and sharing your story.

bakasi Online Content OP
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Thanks for your feedback, Toomi. These stories were fun writing. I'm glad you liked them

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Hi Barbara!
I dug up a few more, and I didn’t read the fanfic challenge or context until after I did all three, so here it goes without any of that insight:

Anger was playing darts and used a large picture of one Daniel “Call me Dan” Scardino as his target.
Good thing he did not choose to fly around and shoot little darts of heat vision at Call-me-Dan.

As if on cue, Joy rushed to the console. “Are you completely insane? She hasn’t broken up with us, yet.” “Oh yeah?” Anger shouted. “And what do you believe she’s going to do? Show up to kiss Clark senseless? After all the disappearing he had to do?”
I’m waiting for Self-Destruction to show up.

Fear started to tremble. “Tell her his secret? She’s going to dissect us like a frog!”
No, eviscerate. With words. Completely different process.

The guy in the phone shop already knows Clark’s name. That’s freaky.”
Hey, these days Clark could use Amazon’s delivery subscription option. No idea if they have those in the US, too, but Barbara (may) know what I mean with the Spar-Abo option.

So three hands hit the speak button.
Which is how fumbling happens.

Joy, Sadness, Fear and Disgust all pulled Anger back from the console with joined forces.
laugh

. “Do you want to have Clark end up hurting her? You know very well that you can’t press the buttons like that! Remember what happened to the barn when Clark was little?”
Such double meaning: also pushing Lois’s buttons in anger.

Fear jumped up and down, clutching his mid-section and started to tremble even more. “You’re not going to let him tell her his secret, are you? You can’t do that!”
Suddenly I’m thinking “fear monster”, akin to the Hulk.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa,” Fear squealed. “What’s she doing there? Move back, move back, move back.” Disgust covered his eyes with his hands. “She’s going to kiss him. Oh, boy. Please let it not be sloppy. I hate sloppy.”
laugh So, do we meet “Lust”? Will he be dressed like Tarzan and carry Bongo drums?

He giggled and pressed another button until violins started playing in Clark’s head.
Long since prepared “Protocol K” huh? (K for kiss, not kryptonite, and yes, it’s only here that you need to spell that one out wink )

/Cocks eyebrow/

Lots of fun. Loved the anthropomorphic emotions.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard