Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Blueowl #289117 06/14/21 08:11 PM
T
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
T
Catching up!

Your medical lingo is impressive! Looking forward to seeing what Perry does with his new knowledge.

Toomi8 #289118 06/14/21 08:40 PM
Blueowl Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by cuidadora
Love how you've included Perry and Alice in this story. Very believable medical scenario, unfortunately for Clark. Looking forward to seeing where this story goes next.
Thanks ^_^ Hm, now that I think about it, I don't know of many fics who have Alice in them.

Originally Posted by Toomi8
Catching up!

Your medical lingo is impressive! Looking forward to seeing what Perry does with his new knowledge.
Thanks, I've tried to get things right ^_^ And yeah, Perry is not going to let this knowledge go to waste.

Blueowl #289120 06/14/21 08:46 PM
Blueowl Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Next part, Light, is up:

Last edited by Blueowl; 06/14/21 08:47 PM.
Blueowl #289121 06/14/21 11:57 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm liking this a lot! The bit about his body slurping up the IV seems like the kind of detail the show itself would have had. He's definitely got a unique biology.

~•~
Blueowl #289123 06/15/21 05:16 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
That's a relief for all concerned, but I hope it isn't a magic fix. Feel free to prolong poor Clark's misery. Setbacks make for good reading... devil
I'm hoping he'll basically be restored to looking pretty on the outside but there'll be problems beneath the surface that will take longer and be more difficult to heal. But however it unfolds, I look forward to more of your story. Including an honest conversation between Clark and the Chief. smile

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
Blueowl #289125 06/15/21 11:37 AM
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Another great chapter. I'm glad Clark is doing better. The only thing that had me wonder was what Dr. Carson told Perry's friend about Superman's condition.

What about doctors-patient confidentiality? In my part of this world, Superman could sue the doctor for telling such things.

But all in all, I love your story. hyper thumbsup

Last edited by bakasi; 06/15/21 11:42 AM.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Blueowl #289127 06/15/21 03:59 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Excellent chapter. I like what you're writing. Intriguing to see how Clark's body responds to the lamps and even the IV. Hope he is healing inside, too.

The rules and laws in fiction are often written to suit the story, not necessarily reflecting real life. I agree with Bakasi about concerns about confidentiality if this was real life. And not only about the doctor talking to Perry's friend, but also the press conference. Even confirming that Superman is a patient in the hospital should require his or his proxy's consent. Did they get informed consent from either Perry or Superman for either one? And did the people staging the press conference talk to security before hand? Their job may be much harder after confirming he's the high-profile patient. At the time the show first aired in the U.S., I think the rules varied by state. A high-profile patient or even a potential patient did have tight security, and those often included even acknowledging someone was a patient. I remember this from when Pope John Paul II visited Philadelphia, the designated hospital and staff were on alert, during his visit and thankfully were never needed. And I know of a couple of incidents elsewhere with celebrities visiting a family member also putting the hospitals in lockdown for information, even tighter than usual.

You're doing a great job with this story. clap

Last edited by cuidadora; 06/15/21 04:01 PM. Reason: typos

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

cuidadora #289143 06/16/21 10:03 PM
Blueowl Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by Queen of the Capes
I'm liking this a lot! The bit about his body slurping up the IV seems like the kind of detail the show itself would have had. He's definitely got a unique biology.
Thanks ^_^ Yeah, I figured his system would take every advantage given to it as soon as it can, including IV fluids.

Originally Posted by gr8shadesofElvis
That's a relief for all concerned, but I hope it isn't a magic fix. Feel free to prolong poor Clark's misery. Setbacks make for good reading... devil
I'm hoping he'll basically be restored to looking pretty on the outside but there'll be problems beneath the surface that will take longer and be more difficult to heal. But however it unfolds, I look forward to more of your story. Including an honest conversation between Clark and the Chief. smile
He's certainly not going to be walking out of the hospital the next morning. He still has a ways to go..... And yeah, the Chief and Clark will definitely have a little talk ^_^ Thanks

Originally Posted by bakasi
Another great chapter. I'm glad Clark is doing better. The only thing that had me wonder was what Dr. Carson told Perry's friend about Superman's condition.

What about doctors-patient confidentiality? In my part of this world, Superman could sue the doctor for telling such things.

But all in all, I love your story. hyper thumbsup

Thanks smile. As for Carson talking to Perry's friend, I suppose since he was likely going to see Superman soon, he felt he needed to be prepared for what he would see. *shrug

Excellent chapter. I like what you're writing. Intriguing to see how Clark's body responds to the lamps and even the IV. Hope he is healing inside, too.

The rules and laws in fiction are often written to suit the story, not necessarily reflecting real life. I agree with Bakasi about concerns about confidentiality if this was real life. And not only about the doctor talking to Perry's friend, but also the press conference. Even confirming that Superman is a patient in the hospital should require his or his proxy's consent. Did they get informed consent from either Perry or Superman for either one? And did the people staging the press conference talk to security before hand? Their job may be much harder after confirming he's the high-profile patient. At the time the show first aired in the U.S., I think the rules varied by state. A high-profile patient or even a potential patient did have tight security, and those often included even acknowledging someone was a patient. I remember this from when Pope John Paul II visited Philadelphia, the designated hospital and staff were on alert, during his visit and thankfully were never needed. And I know of a couple of incidents elsewhere with celebrities visiting a family member also putting the hospitals in lockdown for information, even tighter than usual.

You're doing a great job with this story. clap

Thanks cool As for the confidentiality, Perry is acting as Superman's next of kin/medical advocate so he gave permission after talking with Superman and Mr. Brown. Sorry I didn't clarify that in the part.

Anyway, glad you all are enjoying the story so far laugh

Blueowl #289165 06/19/21 08:26 PM
Blueowl Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Next part, Visit, is up ^_^

Blueowl #289167 06/19/21 10:01 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wow. Just as they get close to some kind of breakthrough his broken ribs shift and now I'm sure he's bleeding internally. He may even have a punctured lung, and that's the kind of injury that can kill a patient pretty quickly if not treated properly.

I hope the next part gets posted soon. I want to see just how the medical team will handle this. Will they be able to x-ray his chest? Will they turn off the lights and try to operate? Will they have to reintroduce green K so they can operate? So many questions!

And I have to wait for the next chapter to get them answered! Yikes!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Blueowl #289168 06/20/21 02:37 AM
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
With the hematoma on his side, I'd be guessing that he has a ruptured spleen rather than a punctured lung. Poor guy.

It's good to see Lois and Clark finally meet. I loved how they reconnected and Clark almost told her his secret. Though I'm sure she'd have felt even more guilty, if he'd dropped the truth on her right then.

Looking forward to reading more.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Blueowl #289170 06/20/21 05:44 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oooh, cruel cliffhanger! I'm hoping there's no 'omg, I'm about to die better tell Lois the truth' revelation imminent. I rather like her being kept in the dark for the time being. Although if she does find out/realise it's her best friend in that bed it'll make it that much worse for her.
Love the penultimate sentence. Very poetic.
Please don't leave us hanging too long.

Blueowl #289174 06/20/21 06:31 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Yikes, what a cliffhanger! Okay, you have me thinking about all kinds of possibilities for Lois' reaction. shock Hurry back... please.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

Blueowl #289176 06/20/21 07:51 PM
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Wow! What a cliffhanger! I’m on pins and needles. I hope more is coming very soon. Clark screaming is heart wrenching. I wasn’t expecting that. I’m enjoying this a lot. Thank you!

Songbird #289184 06/22/21 08:28 PM
Blueowl Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by Terry Leatherwood
Wow. Just as they get close to some kind of breakthrough his broken ribs shift and now I'm sure he's bleeding internally. He may even have a punctured lung, and that's the kind of injury that can kill a patient pretty quickly if not treated properly.

I hope the next part gets posted soon. I want to see just how the medical team will handle this. Will they be able to x-ray his chest? Will they turn off the lights and try to operate? Will they have to reintroduce green K so they can operate? So many questions!

And I have to wait for the next chapter to get them answered! Yikes!
Thanks. Your questions will be answered shortly ^_^

Originally Posted by bakasi
With the hematoma on his side, I'd be guessing that he has a ruptured spleen rather than a punctured lung. Poor guy.

It's good to see Lois and Clark finally meet. I loved how they reconnected and Clark almost told her his secret. Though I'm sure she'd have felt even more guilty, if he'd dropped the truth on her right then.

Looking forward to reading more.
Yeah, he's fortunately with it enough to know how damaging it would be to tell her his secret now. Talk about traumatic....

Originally Posted by gr8shadesofElvis
Oooh, cruel cliffhanger! I'm hoping there's no 'omg, I'm about to die better tell Lois the truth' revelation imminent. I rather like her being kept in the dark for the time being. Although if she does find out/realise it's her best friend in that bed it'll make it that much worse for her.
Love the penultimate sentence. Very poetic.
Please don't leave us hanging too long.
Sorry, and I agree, him revealing his secret now would not only be risky to himself, but to her emotional and mental health....
Hang time is over smile

Yikes, what a cliffhanger! Okay, you have me thinking about all kinds of possibilities for Lois' reaction. shock Hurry back... please.
I must say, I went through many scenarios in my head before deciding on one....

Originally Posted by Songbird
Wow! What a cliffhanger! I’m on pins and needles. I hope more is coming very soon. Clark screaming is heart wrenching. I wasn’t expecting that. I’m enjoying this a lot. Thank you!
Thanks ^_^. Well, I think when you learn why Clark screamed, it'll make a lot of sense....

Part will be up soon... wink

Blueowl #289187 06/22/21 08:43 PM
Blueowl Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Next part, Healing, is up smile

Blueowl #289188 06/23/21 02:26 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Poor Clark! mecry Having pain trigger PTSD...harsh. Lois is right: he should talk to someone; though I get why Perry is reluctant to agree to that. (Potential sequel, though, if he does agree to see a shrink?)

The lowest level of Hell, according to Dante, is a frozen lake in which history's worst traitors are chewed alive by a giant, crying Satan. Should be a good start.

~•~
Blueowl #289189 06/23/21 03:05 PM
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Poor Clark! He’s been through the wringer. Hopefully once he has his powers and confidence back the flashbacks will lessen. Talking through his fears could be a good thing.

Yes, his screaming now makes sense. Healing like that had to be painful.

I really like Dr. Carson and Nurse Noel. They are good, caring people.

I feel for Martha and Jonathan. Being kept from their boy has to be painful for them. It’s good Perry is keeping them in the loop but I wouldn’t expect anything less. I’m sure there will be a lot of tears when they finally see their boy again and it probably won’t only be Martha’s tears.

I like that Clark got thanked for all that he’s done. I know he doesn’t expect it but it’s nice. Like Nurse Noel said, he doesn’t get paid and he makes a lot of sacrifices.

The lower level indeed!

Thanks for another wonderful chapter! I can’t wait for more!

Blueowl #289191 06/23/21 06:33 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Another great chapter! Full of touching moments and drama and absorbing detail. Well done.
I love Perry saying 'he's one of my boys now... whether he likes it or not'. And Barb's wise words. Awww.
I wonder what's in the package he's brought with him. A box of donuts? A brick of a cell phone to call the folks? Press pass, gaudy tie and glasses to escape unnoticed in?... Looking forward to the next installment. smile

Blueowl #289192 06/23/21 08:00 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Well, at least Clark didn't need to have any additional medical or surgical intervention other than morphine and supportive care. Poor Clark, indeed! No wonder he had a flashback.

Perry is handling Lois well. She definitely needs to back off from offering advice. I doubt she'd understand why it might not be well-received, but Perry is in a good position to realize just how much she hurt Clark by ignoring his warnings and dismissing them as jealousy. I suspect he knows some of that, even if Clark never told him.

It's good that Perry is keeping Martha and Jonathan up-to-date. They must be beside themselves with worry. I still think the administrator and others were short-sighted regarding the timing of releasing information about this high-profile patient. Hopefully Henderson and the security team can protect Clark until he recovers his powers or leaves the hospital.

Looking forward to more and finding out what's in Perry's package.

I can definitely understand how the good guys feel about Luthor.

Cuidadora

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard