Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#288988 05/29/21 08:56 PM
Blueowl Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Summary: A different ending to the House of Luthor. Superman manages to break the cage when he rams it, resulting in a messier escape. A detailed 'what-if'. Warning: descriptive injuries and wound treatment.
Again, a special thanks to Morgana, Chereche, and Mary who helped me flesh out plot holes and improve the story overall ^_^. And thanks to those on FOLC's Skype group who listened to me ramble and helped me clarify ideas.

Like Toomi8, I always thought Clark recovered from the cage awfully quick and I have often wondered what would have happened if Luthor hadn't been stupid enough to leave the keys within view, causing Clark to have to resort to more drastic measures.
Well, this explores that a bit.

Anyway, since I'm seeing most people utilize one thread for comments, I'll do the same.

Part 1 is here: Escape

Last edited by Blueowl; 05/29/21 08:59 PM.
Blueowl #288992 05/30/21 05:37 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I like the beginning of this story and I'm curious where you are going to take this. The House of Luthor seems to evoke quite a number of adaptions, at the moment. Funny thing is, that I'm working on one at the moment, though my take is focusing on something else, entirely.

Anyway, I'll make sure to read your second chapter.

smile1

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Blueowl #288994 05/30/21 06:32 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
This is right up my street! Injured Superman/Clark needing help and having to trust and confide in those around him. I'm hoping the secret will be out to Perry at the least. Eagerly anticipating more. Give poor Clark a kissie from me in the mean time.

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
Blueowl #288995 05/31/21 12:55 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Eagerly waiting for more! ^_^

~•~
Blueowl Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by bakasi
I like the beginning of this story and I'm curious where you are going to take this. The House of Luthor seems to evoke quite a number of adaptions, at the moment. Funny thing is, that I'm working on one at the moment, though my take is focusing on something else, entirely.

Anyway, I'll make sure to read your second chapter.

smile1

Oooh, you're working on one too? I look forward to reading it. Like many of the other episodes, there can never be too many adaptations ^_^

Originally Posted by gr8shadesofElvis
This is right up my street! Injured Superman/Clark needing help and having to trust and confide in those around him. I'm hoping the secret will be out to Perry at the least. Eagerly anticipating more. Give poor Clark a kissie from me in the mean time.

Thanks smile And yeah, Clark will certainly need some TLC.

Originally Posted by Queen of the Capes
Eagerly waiting for more! ^_^

Thanks ^_^ I plan to post the next one in a few days.

Blueowl #289005 06/01/21 06:11 AM
B
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
B
OK, I'm intrigued. This is a new take on the Cage Thing and I'm dying to know what Comes next. I always felt Luthor leaving the key there was dumb and totally OOC so... Curious what Perry may find out (or not) and how everything will turn out for Clark (and Lois of ocurse).

Up, up and away - to the next fanfic.
Blueowl Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by BlindPassenger
OK, I'm intrigued. This is a new take on the Cage Thing and I'm dying to know what Comes next. I always felt Luthor leaving the key there was dumb and totally OOC so... Curious what Perry may find out (or not) and how everything will turn out for Clark (and Lois of ocurse).

Thanks. And yeah, Perry is definitely going to have a lot of screen time in this fic smile

I hope to post the next part before the weekend.

Blueowl #289031 06/04/21 10:02 PM
Blueowl Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Next part is here: Part 2

Blueowl #289035 06/04/21 11:28 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yeowch! Poor Clark. frown I must say, he's handling it very well; only let his Superman facade slip once.

~•~
Blueowl #289036 06/04/21 11:34 PM
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
After reading Part 1, I felt I needed to raid the medicine cabinet for a cocktail of Valium, Librium and Xanax. Unfortunately, I didn't have any of those. So I did one better; I ate really good chocolate. Better than drugs.

Now, after reading Part 2, I can almost breathe without the oxygen mask! lol Am I going to be able to disconnect the blood pressure cuff, remove the pulse oximeter along with the heart monitor when reading the next Part?

You write so well, your story should come with the disclaimer "While reading this story, you can skip the treadmill at the gym. Guaranteed to raise cardiac activity."

Can't wait to read Part 3. Just in case, I'm shopping early for more chocolate.

Blueowl #289042 06/05/21 01:46 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Wow, excellent story. I'm impressed with how you're weaving the realistic medical situation into the story. That was definitely intense, and the medical and nursing staffs are definitely helping the situation with their calm encouragement and confidence. Nice to see that! Looking forward to Chapter 3.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Blueowl #289046 06/05/21 07:53 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Awesome! I'd love to see a major setback in the next chapter, maybe something that requires emergency surgery or even for the medics to have to get the jumper cables out... That sounds like tremendous fun...

Blueowl #289048 06/06/21 11:50 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It's a good thing the anesthesia works. I liked this chapter a lot. Clark is in capable hands. Curiously waiting for part 3

bakasi #289051 06/06/21 10:01 PM
Blueowl Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Yeowch! Poor Clark. frown I must say, he's handling it very well; only let his Superman facade slip once.
Yeah, he's doing his best to keep his image of Superman up, but it's hard work....

Originally Posted by SupesFan
After reading Part 1, I felt I needed to raid the medicine cabinet for a cocktail of Valium, Librium and Xanax. Unfortunately, I didn't have any of those. So I did one better; I ate really good chocolate. Better than drugs.

Now, after reading Part 2, I can almost breathe without the oxygen mask! lol Am I going to be able to disconnect the blood pressure cuff, remove the pulse oximeter along with the heart monitor when reading the next Part?

You write so well, your story should come with the disclaimer "While reading this story, you can skip the treadmill at the gym. Guaranteed to raise cardiac activity."

Can't wait to read Part 3. Just in case, I'm shopping early for more chocolate.
Glad you're recovering :P Next part should help stabilize you a bit more, but I would keep oxygen fairly close still.
And thanks, I do what I can to help others get in shape the fun easy way :P
Chocolate is certainly a good idea.

Originally Posted by cuidadora
Wow, excellent story. I'm impressed with how you're weaving the realistic medical situation into the story. That was definitely intense, and the medical and nursing staffs are definitely helping the situation with their calm encouragement and confidence. Nice to see that! Looking forward to Chapter 3.
I've been doing a fair bit of research, and I try to do my best to show doctors and nurses in their element whenever I can smile Next part should be up in a few days.

Awesome! I'd love to see a major setback in the next chapter, maybe something that requires emergency surgery or even for the medics to have to get the jumper cables out... That sounds like tremendous fun...
There's still a few bumps on the horizon, that's for sure. Trying something I hope hasn't been done before....

It's a good thing the anesthesia works. I liked this chapter a lot. Clark is in capable hands. Curiously waiting for part 3
Yeah, he was definitely fortunate there. And thanks ^_^

Blueowl #289071 06/09/21 08:39 PM
Blueowl Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Next part is here: Update

Blueowl #289073 06/09/21 11:20 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It is so great to see Perry's yodeling skills in action! smile

Poor Lois. So much of her blindness coming back to bite her, hard. It's gotta be agonizing to know you almost married a man who tried to straight-up murder the world's greatest hero.

Looking forward to more!

~•~
Blueowl #289077 06/10/21 05:04 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ding ding, first prize to Perry White! His knowing (or suspecting) should make poor Clark's life a lot easier when it comes to managing everyone (Lois) while keeping the secret as best it can be kept.
I did a little googling on radiation sickness. It's nasty nasty thing the way it progress from bad to worse.
I watched an episode of Call the Midwife recently where a soldier had a baby with deformities years after being exposed very minimally to radiation following nuclear testing. But I won't think about that here thank you. Going to be a very long night potentially for all concerned.
Another great chapter. Looking forward to more. smile

Blueowl #289079 06/10/21 12:34 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Poor Clark. He isn't doing well. I find the medical scenario very believable. Well done!

bakasi #289100 06/12/21 09:42 PM
Blueowl Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
It is so great to see Perry's yodeling skills in action! smile

Poor Lois. So much of her blindness coming back to bite her, hard. It's gotta be agonizing to know you almost married a man who tried to straight-up murder the world's greatest hero.

Looking forward to more!

Thanks smile. This is the most I've involved his character into a plot and I'm having a lot of fun with him. And yeah, poor Lois. Reality is hitting her hard right now....

Ding ding, first prize to Perry White! His knowing (or suspecting) should make poor Clark's life a lot easier when it comes to managing everyone (Lois) while keeping the secret as best it can be kept.
I did a little googling on radiation sickness. It's nasty nasty thing the way it progress from bad to worse.
I watched an episode of Call the Midwife recently where a soldier had a baby with deformities years after being exposed very minimally to radiation following nuclear testing. But I won't think about that here thank you. Going to be a very long night potentially for all concerned.
Another great chapter. Looking forward to more. smile

It will. Clark couldn't have chosen a better medical advocate for himself ^_^
And yeah, radiation poisoning I think is the worst way anyone can go smirk Radiation is no joke. Yes, it'll be a long night, but fortunately for Clark, Perry is there smile

Poor Clark. He isn't doing well. I find the medical scenario very believable. Well done!

Thanks smile

I hope to post the next part in a few days.

Blueowl #289112 06/14/21 04:09 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Love how you've included Perry and Alice in this story. Very believable medical scenario, unfortunately for Clark. Looking forward to seeing where this story goes next.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard