Next Thread
Print Thread
Boards Chief Administrator
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Hey guys,

I wanted to wait for KathyB and I haven't had time to speak to Labby about this yet.

The host where the boards are living got infected with malware. Hostmonster is not taking the blame as they believe that the infection started in the lcfibmbs directory. Working with them we had gone back to October when we found the first of the files that were infected. That infection has spread to every domain that I am hosting on this account. This includes lcficmbs.com, kerthawards.com and the main account of folcvideo.com.

The price they have given me is $299.88 for the initial clean up and 1yr of protection from further protection for lcficmbs.com
$199.88 for kerthawards
$199.88 for folcvideo.com.

Then it will cost 179.88 for EACH domain every year after that.

We could pull them off the host; however, if I try and move these (which we need to pay for to move the boards) the infection moves with it.

The second problem: They have heavily discounted the clean up because we have multiple domains. We have until 5 PM EST tomorrow to make decision and then pay for the clean up. Once clean up starts the websites will be down for 24 hours while cleaning takes place.

Please, let me know what your thoughts are. We need donations and a decision within a few hours.

Thank you
Annette

Annette wink

www.kerthawards.com
www.lcficmbs.com
www.folcvideo.com
www.nfanfic.net
www.annesplace.net

"There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America." Bill Clinton, inaugural address, January 21, 1993
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Annette,

I've sent you an e-mail.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
I've posted an update here: https://www.lcficmbs.com/ubb/ubbthreads.php/topics/288937#Post288937

It's also open for discussion. By posting this as a global announcement no one was able to respond so now there's a thread to reply to.

Annette wink

www.kerthawards.com
www.lcficmbs.com
www.folcvideo.com
www.nfanfic.net
www.annesplace.net

"There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America." Bill Clinton, inaugural address, January 21, 1993

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard