Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#288895 05/16/21 01:38 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Story is Here: http://www.lcficmbs.com/ubb/ubbthreads.php/topics/288894#Post288894

So. This is based on an AU that I've had in mind for literally years. What finally shoved this vignette into existence is a book called How To Invent Everything. It's a very entertaining read about the roots of modern technology, and I was very startled to learn that spoken language is, itself, a technology rather than something innate. It had to be invented/discovered/whathaveyou, and people who learned it behaved differently than people who did not despite being physically identical because having words allows for more complexity of thought.

Anyway, I hope this little fic is entertaining. Despite its brevity, it took me a surprisingly long time to finish: several days, and it could probably still use a tweak or two. I would absolutely love to revisit this universe again, hopefully soon.

~•~
Top Banana
Top Banana
I like it! The thought of a story where baby Kal-El lands amongst early humans had occurred to me, but I had thought more of a crossover between LnC and the Earth's Children series.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Features Writer
Features Writer
I'm always intrigued by alternate times or locations Kal-El could have landed. I've read a few, but this is the first I've read where/when he landed so early (cave man time). I wonder how he might have impacted human history if he had landed then :P

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wow! I had so many thoughts when this started. I thought maybe it was a Clan of the Cave Bear crossover at first, then my mind went to Tarzan. I like the idea of Lois and Clark being among the earliest humans. Definitely creative! And of course, even Cave Lois babbles and confuses poor Clark! Thanks for sharing!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Like Deadly Chakram I had a hard time placing this at first. I was even wondering for a moment if Clark could be Mowgli from the Jungle Book.

Very interesting take on our favourite couple. You sure never disappoint!
Thanks for sharing

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks, guys! smile

~•~
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I am most remiss in replying to this excellent glimpse into "what if." I loved the whole of the tale, but my very favorite part is

Yet no matter how much she complained, she still always howled back.

That just gets me right there. Lolo may tease Kal-El, might call him "wild-boy," but she loves him and always calls him back to her side.

So beautiful. Thank you.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Aww, thanks, Terry! ^__^

~•~
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Mary!

Another one hyper
It was a part of his earliest memories: some of the men would press further into the forest, looking for signs of animal life, while his mother was one of those who lagged behind, slowed by his weight as she carried him.
Kryptonian expedition? Or camping in Smallville National Park?

his mother would tilt her head to the sky and howl.
Wait, howl? Is Clark being raised by wolves?

It was all he’d known and needed until he found the egg.
The Globe? And the rest? It starts to sound like caveman age.

There, a hard, round egg had flown to him,
Globe.

She smiled kindly, not understanding, and reached out to pick through his hair.
ugh ugh

He could have fire any time he wanted, simply by staring at where he wanted it to be.
He is going to have many women. He can warm them all.

The world had grown smaller once he'd learned to fly, and now even the great mountain range was no barrier.
So…shaman…with a flock of women.

A woman on the other side clung desperately to the upper branches of a tree, though scaling it would be no challenge to the angry bear charging towards her.
An Ursus Lexus Maximus?

as Kal-El dropped from the sky, he noticed the fresh cut on the bear's nose
WOMAN: Me food!
BEAR: You food!
WOMAN: Me food!
BEAR drool

no doubt, once she was down from the tree, she would also run away from him.
WOMEN: Me food! No man!
KAL-EL: Me man!

Kal-El blinked. He didn’t know these sounds she uttered, but they were certainly more like the ones from the egg than any of the grunts his people made. “Kryptonian,” he guessed.
TEMPUS: evil

and within days, people were coming up to him and asking for fire.
laugh Men were offering their daughters, women their companionship.
LOLO: mad me man.

Yet no matter how much she complained, she still always howled back.
Oh those Flintstones…

Very cute premise. Very effective delivery. I do wonder how long this Kal-El is going to live. Might he become this Earth’s Lorien?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
I must say this is absolutely brilliant. So glad you finally posted it. I do hope you revisit this universe and share your work with us!

notworthy notworthy

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard