A/N: I read the Embarrassing Photo Challenge here and this is what came out. It doesn't quite fit the challenge, but thought I'd post anyways...

“Do you need assistance, sir?” The chipper voice carried across the store, reaching her easily in the change room.

“Uh….” The masculine voice hesitated.

Poor sucker, she laughed. Trying to impress a woman, no doubt, well out of his league. She turned to the next item hanging on the hook, grateful for this rare opportunity to shop in her favourite lingerie store. A perk of her unexpected trip to Metropolis. Sliding the negligée over her head, she ran her hands over the silk, admiring her reflection in the mirror, as she heard the sales person trying to converse with the hesitant man.

“That’s a nice choice, we do have several more like that, or some that are a little more risqué?”

“Um….”

“Do you know the size you need?”

“Well…. She’s about this height, and uh, she’s slender.”

Wait, she knew that voice! She quickly slipped out of the negligee and dressed, opening the door quietly to peek out. Tall, dark hair, wearing a suit. He’d obviously upgraded his wardrobe in the last few years since she’d left, as the suit was well tailored to him, highlighting how well built he was. She smirked as she saw the sales assistant holding up several items, each skimpier than the rest.

“Colour?” The sales person asked.

“Uh….”

He was clearly overwhelmed. As another sales person approached, bearing more choices in a wide array of colours, he turned, and she quickly pulled the door closed, leaving just enough of a gap to catch a glimpse of his face.

She rolled her eyes. His taste in ties hadn’t changed, but Clark Kent was still a hunk.

As he turned away from her, she grabbed the disposable camera she kept in her purse, intended to catch scandals, not out of their depth husbands-to-be, but this was too good an opportunity to pass! She opened the change room door a little more, and took a few photos. She stayed in the change room as Clark tried to select an item, while he was given more and more to choose from, trying to hold in her laughter at the look on the poor guys face.

Several Weeks Later

Lois dropped her purse onto the desk, noticing an envelope on her desk. She stared at the postmark, trying to think who would be sending her mail from New York. Opening the envelope, she found several photos, and a letter, written in flowing cursive.

Lois,

Congratulations! I thought you might enjoy these.

Cat

Lois picked up the photos and burst into gales of laughter, startling Jimmy and Ralph who were standing nearby. In her hands were pictures of her husband, clearly out of his depth, crimson with embarrassment, as two sales persons held up skimpier and skimpier items of lingerie. As Clark entered the newsroom, she wiped her tears of mirth away, stuffing the photos into her purse.

“Hi, honey,” he said, leaning in for a kiss.

“Hi,” she smiled at him.

“What’s so funny?”

“Nothing.” She kissed him and accepted the cup of coffee he held out for her. “Remember that teddy you bought for me,” she grinned as a dreamy smile grew on Clark’s face. “You’ll have to keep surprising me like that.”

She laughed as his smile turned into a look of realization that he’d have to go back to the store. Lois looked at the envelope, finding a return address. She’d send a note back to Cat, thanking her for the laugh.

Last edited by Toomi8; 04/26/21 11:27 PM. Reason: missing commas!