Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
I want to thank my excellent beta reader Darth Michael, who caught errors large and small all through this tale. I also want to thank fellow beta Demi Ulithi, who was forced by real life to attend to more pressing priorities partway through. She also gave me excellent feedback, and if you liked any part of this narrative, it's a good bet one or both of them put a keyboard in to make it better.

Now that you've read the epilogue, you understand about the timely bread crumbs scattered throughout the story. Maybe they'll make sense now.

Thanks for reading! I solemnly vow that my next tale will not feature a deceased Lois at any time. Or a deceased Clark, either. In fact, no one dies in that one.

If you missed Lois' presence in this fic, please remember that it is the "sequel" to a fifteen-year old story that generated a lot of heated feedback. But it's wrapped up now and headed to the archives. Eventually, anyway.

Ta for now!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Features Writer
Features Writer
It makes sense that if one universe lost Lois in the Congo, another would have her be lost in a different way, with or without the existence of time machines.
Looking forward to another pic, especially one with no super sadness.
smile

Features Writer
Features Writer
Well, Terry, you were right. You handled this devastating issue very well, with tenderness and even some surprising humor. I'm glad to see both Bobbie and Clark find happiness with each other. And it was delightful how they supported and comforted each other in their guilt and mourning. This was more than survivor's guilt, and each one was able to understand the other's needs and feelings. Beautifully done! clap

I enjoyed finding out who had really orchestrated the whole thing and look forward to your next story, in a universe without either Lois or Clark's premature demise. laugh

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Thank you for reading and commenting, Blueowl. I thought I resolved the sadness in probably the best way possible, given the circumstances.

Thanks, cuidadora. Life is neither all bubbles and ice cream nor all pain and sorrow. Everyone experiences both, and it's not reasonable to expect Clark and/or Lois to avoid heartache forever. I started from Clark's worst possible low - Lois' death - and figuratively brought him back to life. I also wanted to explore the journey of grief from loss to recovery, and to highlight how tenuous a grieving person's grip on life can be at times.

I realize that not every FoLC is also a Whovian, so I'll let it be known here that the Doctor presented in the epilogue is Paul McGann, the ninth Doctor from the Doctor Who movie of the mid-90s. Also, the man Bobbie met in the cemetery was presented as Tom Baker, the fourth doctor from the classic era (mid-1970s). Hope you enjoyed (?) my latest escapade in fantasy.

See you on the boards soon!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard