Print Thread
#288743 04/14/21 12:05 PM
B
Bitten Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
B
I've got last year's Superman: Man of Tomorrow on the mind. Are there any fics where LnC team up with the bad guys? Redemption for our bad guys is unnecessary and maybe even unwanted wink

Last edited by Bitten; 04/14/21 02:34 PM. Reason: changed the title to be more specific

(❁´◡`❁)
Bitten #288750 04/15/21 04:26 AM
B
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
B
Hmm. if there are some, I don't know them. The only one Comes to mind yet is Morganas "Wedding in Paris" where Lex gets a sort-of-redemption arc and finally works alongside L&C against Gen. Zod and gang.
Oh, and there's Joel Schuldt's "Saga" series and in one, Lex works together with the Supers against Clark's evil doppelganger, though it may not Count because, in best Lex,style, he double-crosses them.
Well, that's all I can think off yet.
One of the few things L&C could have done better may be the often very clear role models of the characters. At least to the Viewer, it's (nearly) always clear whos is good and who is bad. A few more shades of gray might have not harmed.

Last edited by BlindPassenger; 04/15/21 04:29 AM.

Up, up and away - to the next fanfic.
B
Bitten Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
B
Thanks, BlindPassenger, I had not heard of either before and they're both now at the top of my mega-long "to read" list. smile

I love redemptions and a good double-cross, but most of the time the bad guys stay in their corners. Though Clark does tend to stray from his good guy status on occasion...

(❁´◡`❁)
Bitten #288761 04/16/21 08:21 AM
B
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
B
Originally Posted by Bitten
Thanks, BlindPassenger, I had not heard of either before and they're both now at the top of my mega-long "to read" list. smile
I'm actively reading L&C fics sind ca. 09/18and still find sometimes good ones I don't know. The Quality Level of the stories posted to this fandom is amazing! I've never found another fandom where ca. 90% of the stories are so well-written. Most of the time to have to search the Diamonds and Nuggets between lots of... other stuff. Here, in 9/10 cases I enjoyed reading a fic. So you'll have a lot to do...

I love redemptions and a good double-cross, but most of the time the bad guys stay in their corners.
Me too. It always makes the plot and the character interactions more interesting.

Though Clark does tend to stray from his good guy status on occasion...
Does he? I think L&C's Clark may be one of the most "good" Versions of the character ever presented. Other Versions of him are much more willing to cross lines than he is. That can either be seen as a strength or as a weakness, relaying on the case. I would say Lois is the one more willing to stray away from being good than Clark, at least in this incarnation.

Up, up and away - to the next fanfic.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Originally Posted by BlindPassenger
One of the few things L&C could have done better may be the often very clear role models of the characters. At least to the Viewer, it's (nearly) always clear whos is good and who is bad. A few more shades of gray might have not harmed.

The reason behind it may have to do with its original timeslot and ownership of the network. While the pilot was written for adults with the idea of having L&C in a 10 PM timeslot, it actually originally aired at 8 PM Sunday nights. At that time, it was considered the family hour and geared towards including children. Although, I'm not sure about how young for some of the episodes. It aired on ABC and was replaced by "The Wonderful World of Disney." At the time Disney owned ABC.

I suspect but have no personal knowledge that the idea of good vs bad characters was made more obvious so that children would know right away. I remember watching the "Batman" TV show and movie with Adam West both as a child and later as a teenager. As a child I missed all the humor, taking it very seriously. When I saw the movie as an older teen, I was practically rolling on the floor from the silliness.

Last edited by cuidadora; 04/16/21 04:59 PM. Reason: typos corrected

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by BlindPassenger
Originally Posted by Bitten
I'm actively reading L&C fics sind ca. 09/18and still find sometimes good ones I don't know. The Quality Level of the stories posted to this fandom is amazing! I've never found another fandom where ca. 90% of the stories are so well-written. Most of the time to have to search the Diamonds and Nuggets between lots of... other stuff. Here, in 9/10 cases I enjoyed reading a fic. So you'll have a lot to do...

I love redemptions and a good double-cross, but most of the time the bad guys stay in their corners.
Me too. It always makes the plot and the character interactions more interesting.

Though Clark does tend to stray from his good guy status on occasion...
Does he? I think L&C's Clark may be one of the most "good" Versions of the character ever presented. Other Versions of him are much more willing to cross lines than he is. That can either be seen as a strength or as a weakness, relaying on the case. I would say Lois is the one more willing to stray away from being good than Clark, at least in this incarnation.

I'd say that Clark most definitely tiptoes over the "good" line once in a while. Always in pursuit of the greater good, but still. A few examples I can readily think of: stealing the jewels when his parents were kidnapped, stealing Miranda's Revenge potion, breaking and entering for investigations, impersonating a cop (as Superman when Lois' uncle's store was robbed), impersonating military personnel... I'm sure there's other examples, but at this hour of the night, it's all that I can come up with.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard