Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Right up to the edge! Talk about your cliffhangers!

The Scripture the chaplain quoted is from The Holy Bible: Holman Christian standard version. (2009). (Ecc.4:7–12). Nashville: Holman Bible Publishers.

Here is Henry Mancini's "Baby Elephant Walk" from the movie "Hatari." It's very cute. You can watch the movie clip with the song here if you don't mind the dialogue over part of the music.

And here is David Benoit's arrangement of "Linus and Lucy," also known as "The Peanuts Song." It's a fun romp, especially with the gang in the video.

Enjoy.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Features Writer
Features Writer
Glad they confronted the Superman thing last part and are now about to seal the deal ^_^

The conversation between Bobbie and her mom was extremely moving to me. Made me think about my marriage thus far. She is spot on. Sometimes you will annoy each other to high heaven and will have rough patches, but love surpasses all of that and it's not because of the lovey dovey feels you felt at the beginning. It's above emotion, and I wish I had better words. The closest I can come to is it being a spiritual condition that is solidified by choice. And the bit about feelings not being forever and that being okay, wow. I think a lot of issues today is hinged on the delusion that emotion should drive your decisions, that if you can no longer feel the flitter painted feels when you look at your spouse, it's pretty much over. Such a sad belief. I wish more people knew that emotions come and go, but relationships should not be as fluid.

Anyway, looking forward to the next part, even tho part of me isn't too happy with it being over

Top Banana
Top Banana
That was beautiful.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Thank you, Blueowl. People so often have a romanticized vision of marriage as "they lived happily ever after" banging around in their heads. It ain't so. You're right, though, that people who make the decision to love - and love isn't the feeling, it's real love that produces those feelings - can overcome anything to which they mutually set their minds.

Your comment about the "flitter painted feels" reminded me of the owl in Bambi who told you young'uns that they needed to be careful or they'd get "twitter-pated." He was talking about animals finding mates, but it applies to humans too.

Annie B., thank you. I hope you enjoy the last chapter (the one with the actual vows) as much.

And then - the sequel!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard