Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Hi,

That's it for this week. What did you think of Jor-El?

Yours Jenni

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I like Jor-El very much, Jenni. What I think I appreciate most of all is how this chapter takes the burden off Clark's shoulders - he won't have to be Superman any more. And he can't be, honestly. The missing finger is enough to give him away in the first place. But it also seems unlikely that he's ever going to fully regain his superpowers. And it would be too much of a coincidence if both Superman and Clark Kent return more or less at the same time, after many years' absence.

This is a delightful chapter, Jenni. Somehow I was especially touched by Perry, so loving and giving and supportive in his character, yet so old and frail in his body.

And of course... we really need to see Clark reunited with his family, so that he can see his son filling his shoes... eh, boots. Well, you have promised us that Clark will return eventually, and I can wait. But I'm so looking forward to much more of this, but you know that already!

Ann

Columnist
Columnist
I really like the way you've managed to not only separate Matthew Kent from his father, but also create his own Superhero persona that still allows the public to remember Superman in their own way.

The way Perry, Jimmy, Clark's parents and Lois have become one family unit has just been done so beautifully here. I love this story!

Spike: "There's a hole in the world...feels like we ought to have known."
-Angel
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. drool Beautiful!

Then the boy in the black and blue suit was gone, a slight gust of wind following in his wake. The Kent women collapsed into each other's arms. Neither quite knew whether they were laughing or crying... but both of them felt the presence of a ghost in the room. Clark would have so loved his boy.
OMG! eek

Next morning, the banner headline of the Daily Planet read 'In The Name Of The Father'. Excited Metropolitans rushed to the news-stands to buy their copies, avidly devouring the information heralding the advent of another superhero. Across the United States and round the globe, newspapers picked up the story. Online media sites covering the news were inundated with so many hits that the high-powered web failed for the first time in years, as technology struggled to cope with the deluge, while images of Jor-El filled TV screens in almost every home in the free-world.
eek Will Clark see or read the news about the new heroe?

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I agree with the previous feedbackers (is that even a word?) that this is an excellent chapter. It moves the story forward and lets us know that everybody Clark left behind is coping with his absence and is living their lives remembering him but not being dominated by his memory. It's touching and powerful.

And, like Maria, I wonder if Clark will see the headline. Maybe his host will make some comment about Superman's son and trigger some deeply repressed memories.

Of course, then we'll have the drama of Clark trying to get back to the US from the rural fringes of China when he has absolutely no documentation and no legal right to be where he is. What a can of worms that would be!

Can't wait to read it. Keep it coming!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Jenni

I've just caught up with the last few parts of this. They're great. smile1

Tricia cool

M
Blogger
Blogger
M
Ah, Jenni,
Another touching episode. To respond to an email comment: Of course I think you're a great writer! If you weren't, I wouldn't be so touched by Clark's situation. I'm not usually an emotional reader, but I did get involved here. I look forward to Clark's time away to being shortened or over.
It's summer here in Arizona and my spirit is rising. My mother always said I had a housefly in my heritage because I come alive in warm weather.
Keep up your good work.
Marge

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Good part, Jenni. So when do we get the next one?

“Rules only make sense if they are both kept and broken. Breaking the rule is one way of observing it.”
--Thomas Moore

"Keep an open mind, I always say. Drives sensible people mad, I know, but what did we ever get from sensible people? Not poetry or art or music, that's for sure."
--Charles de Lint, Someplace to Be Flying
M
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
M
haha, lois is wrinkling the suit! that's funny...but seriously, there's a little too much wham for me, I'm gonna need these next few days to recover. Clark has lost his memory, his past, his family, his soulmate, his finger and now his reason for being here cuz isn't that what he said once? that when he helps someone he knows why he's here? Sigh. The injustice is killing me...I'm gonna go take a breather. But on the upswing, way to play the angst Jenni! The chapter was solid all around so cheers to your work!

Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Hi,

I'd like to thank you all for sticking with this story. Your feedback has kept me going when my muse has tended to go walkabout.

I know it's been an angsty ride, but life is about to get a little more hopeful for Clark.

Yours Jenni

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard