We have to wait until MAY!!??!! D:

~•~
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Originally Posted by Queen of the Capes
We have to wait until MAY!!??!! D:
SO irritating, isn't it?? I loved the little clois moments we got this time around. Poor Jonathan having a lot of angst associated with the move. I was kinda surprised with Clark giving Jon an out for being drunk and I do wonder what could become of that. I feel like there's a potential thread they've been planting for his arc associated with General Lane and that school they mentioned. I was really fascinated by the Captain Luthor/Lois connection there. Isn't there a pairing of that in the Silver Age (the Silver age Earth-3 I think)? I so feel sad for Luthor's AI. I was enjoying it's commentary. It's sad he's allowing his cognitive dissonance affect his judgement on things.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I'm wondering now: Lois is clearly familiar with Lex Luthor but doesn't recognize AltLex. Do you think they look different, or maybe she's simply never actually seen him? The latter would be harder to justify this day and age, but might make for an interesting Reveal setup for her.

~•~
B
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
B
Originally Posted by Queen of the Capes
I'm wondering now: Lois is clearly familiar with Lex Luthor but doesn't recognize AltLex. Do you think they look different, or maybe she's simply never actually seen him? The latter would be harder to justify this day and age, but might make for an interesting Reveal setup for her.
The reason is that this Luthor Looks differently than the Earth-Prime Lex who's actually played by Jon Cryer. So it makes sense she doesn't recognizes him

Up, up and away - to the next fanfic.
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by BlindPassenger
The reason is that this Luthor Looks differently than the Earth-Prime Lex who's actually played by Jon Cryer. So it makes sense she doesn't recognizes him

Ahh, thanks! I haven't seen much of the other shows in this universe, so I didn't know.

~•~
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Okay, this is getting intense. I'm thinking
Gotta be Zod. Definitely, totally Zod. But..."Brother"? That's a new one. I was wondering if it might be metaphorical, but I doubt it.

~•~
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I agree with you, Queenie.

I’ll also say that the tone of the show has changed dramatically from the pilot, which seemed to promise primarily a family drama with a bit of super on the side. I think the most recent episode was a pivot point, and that the remainder of this season will be a different type of show. (I am purposely being vague to keep this spoiler free.) I’m not sure whether the show will kick things up a notch or go downhill from here, but I am almost positive that it will feel like a different show than before. I’m keeping an open mind and hoping for the best.

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I've been enjoying the balance of family drama and super drama. The family moments in particular feel like breathing points, which I appreciate. I love how they all clearly draw strength from each other. It's like the show is compensating for all the crap that has pervaded comic books for too long.

~•~
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
I'm a bit grumpy about them side-stepping the Roh family. It's not a family I'm familiar with from the comics.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Episode 11 11 "A Brief Reminiscence In-Between Cataclysmic Events"

I loved the off camera discussion between Lois and her friend, her declaration of love for Clark. Delightful.

Framework4
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I also liked Framework4's comment about the conversation. But I got a little worried about the phone call at the end. It makes me wonder if we're going to see some powerful stressors in the Kent family.

And we have to wait until mid-July! Wow.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
I found myself disliking this version of Clark. I fast forwarded thru the latter half of season one and in season two found myself unhappy with the way they handled Lucy Lane and Natalie Irons.
Lucy because this is Lucy is so much less than the Lucy in Supergirl.
I'm especially disappointed that Sam and the boys aren't really getting to know Natalie. I've known several people who got to meet siblings and grandchildren as adults and never have they been as unemotional as the characters in S&L.

I figure the show's budget can't afford Natalie and Lucy at the same time but still, I keep hoping there will be a meeting between them and have Lucy recognize Natalie. It could turn out that all this Lucy's problems stem from waking up one day to find herself with two sets of memories due to the changes from the multiverse collapse and rebirth.

Framework4
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Framework4
Lucy because this is Lucy is so much less than the Lucy in Supergirl.
Lucy has never been a stable character. She has had ups and downs in comics and series. I was disappointed that Supergirl didn't give her a proper conclusion. After season 1 we never heard about her anymore. That said, there's a 6 years gap between her last appearance in Supergirl and now. While somethings are different, she may have had a similar past. In a flashback she said she lost her job and her fiance. It drove her to depression and made her vulnerable to Ally's cult. Also, in this reality her mother left them when Lucy was very young. In the versions were she was raised by Lois and Sam she has had linguering problems as an adult. In Lois and Clark Ellen was an alcoholic absent mother. In Smallville she died early. In both cases it affected Lucy's personality making her an immature and problematic adult.

I'm especially disappointed that Sam and the boys aren't really getting to know Natalie. I've known several people who got to meet siblings and grandchildren as adults and never have they been as unemotional as the characters in S&L.
But to be fair they are not related. Sam didn't have a granddaughter in this reality because Lois lost the baby. The same applies to Lucy. I guess the boys are addapting fairly well considering they never had a sister. Natalie also didn't have brothers, she was an only child and we don't know if her mother had a sister. She had Sam as grandfather, but Sam has always been emotionally distant; even with the boys he's stiff and cold. Lois already told Clark how she feels guilty because she didn't feel anything when she got to know Natalie. But it's understandable. She is not her daughter. She would have a daughter called Natalie if she had not lost the baby, but she wouldn't be this same Natalie. She would be Clark's daughter for a starter, not another man's. And Natalie may resent Lois because, although she looks like her mother, she choose another life and built another family. And judging by the last episode, she still doesn't trust Clark. They are all struggling, but it's an awkward situation for all of them.

I keep hoping there will be a meeting between them and have Lucy recognize Natalie.
Lucy couldn't recognize Natalie because there has never been a Natalie on this Earth. Natalie didn't exist in Lucy's old life, too. She's from another Earth, not from the erased Earth-38.

I still hope Lucy will redeem herself helping to defeat Ally in the ending, thus recovering her confidence and finding a new purpose for her life, because she will realize she is stronger and more capable than she thinks.

Andreia smile

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Just as a sad PSA:

Given what's currently going on with the new management at The CW, signs are pointing towards the upcoming season 3 being the final season. Of course, nothings written in stone yet, though, personally, I'm not expecting a 4th season as of now.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
That would be a shame. Though I'm wondering how the third season will play out. Season 1 and 2 have another version of Superman as a villain. While that is certainly interesting, it will be boring if they continue that for a third season. On the other hand, Intergang seems like an almost weak opponent compared to the superpowered ones.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Columnist
Columnist
I really hope not. I enjoy Superman & Lois and it's the only Superman show that my husband will watch with me. He keeps asking me to write fics for the show and I tell him I can't help it that all my ideas are Lois & Clark. I heard the show won't return for a while, but I do know they are filming Season 3 still. I do hope it does well and keeps going.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
CarrieRene, unless I'm completely off my game, the official line is "held for midseason", so it will normally be on air starting early 2023. /checks internet/ Best info I got was March 2023.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Columnist
Columnist
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
CarrieRene, unless I'm completely off my game, the official line is "held for midseason", so it will normally be on air starting early 2023. /checks internet/ Best info I got was March 2023.

wave Michael

I heard it was set for midseason also.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, PuffyTiger 

Link Copied to Clipboard