Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I've been kind of sort of obsessed with this quote lately, even since we watched the extended editions with the girls.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oddly enough, I am the only person in my family who has never seen The Lord of the Rings.

Nonetheless, the quote works perfectly for Lois and Clark's final day together.

“I’ve always wished you could see yourself the way I see you,” Clark lamented, wheezing a little before a cough overcame him. When it subsided, he took several gasping breaths before continuing. “I’ve seen every corner of this planet and enough of space to know that you are the brightest thing in this whole amazing universe, Lois. More than anything else, your love has made me human.”

“Oh, Clark,” she breathed, brushing another lock of hair off his forehead, and noticing that his brow was clammy with sweat. “I love you.”

Now that's some kind of wonderful. sloppy

Last edited by Morgana; 02/28/21 10:20 AM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Morgana
Oddly enough, I am the only person in my family who has never seen The Lord of the Rings.

Nonetheless, the quote works perfectly for Lois and Clark's final day together.

“I’ve always wished you could see yourself the way I see you,” Clark lamented, wheezing a little before a cough overcame him. When it subsided, he took several gasping breaths before continuing. “I’ve seen every corner of this planet and enough of space to know that you are the brightest thing in this whole amazing universe, Lois. More than anything else, your love has made me human.”

“Oh, Clark,” she breathed, brushing another lock of hair off his forehead, and noticing that his brow was clammy with sweat. “I love you.”

Now that's some kind of wonder. sloppy

Thanks, Morgana! I kind of want to make/buy the quote and frame it to put in our den. It just really sums up true love, you know? Also, I can't recommend The Lord of the Rings highly enough. Best movies ever made!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

R
Ray Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
R
I just read your story and it touched me. Your description of Clark's condition was very evocative and it made me feel sorry for him. You may not know but I am in the process of posting a story of my own where Clark and his daughter find out that they will both have a very extended lifespan and how that knowledge affects them. I can understand Clark's position, living hundreds of years without Lois would be devastating. Thanks for writing and sharing your talent.
Ray

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Ray
I just read your story and it touched me. Your description of Clark's condition was very evocative and it made me feel sorry for him. You may not know but I am in the process of posting a story of my own where Clark and his daughter find out that they will both have a very extended lifespan and how that knowledge affects them. I can understand Clark's position, living hundreds of years without Lois would be devastating. Thanks for writing and sharing your talent.
Ray

Hi, Ray! Thanks for reading and I'm glad you liked it. I've been seeing you post story parts but I didn't realize the premise of it. Sounds interesting! Unfortunately, living in a pandemic means I have less time to myself than I normally would (my two 7 year olds are fully Distance Learners thanks to this being a high risk household). Someday, I hope to catch up on all the longer stories being posted here, when I'm not being interrupted every few minutes by "I don't understand this assignment." (I have like 3 epics that haven't made it past 3 chapters a piece sitting on my hard drive myself.)

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Hi Vicki!

This is in response to the 2021 Kerth Challenge #7, which asked authors to use a love declaration from a movie or TV show and have Lois or Clark use it in an admission of how they feel about each other.
Great. Now I need to go and look for “I know”.

“Weak,” he croaked, his voice hollow and ancient sounding. He tried to hoist himself up into a sitting position, but his waning strength failed him. He gave her an apologetic look.
/scratches head/ Brutal Youth?

She gently helped to pull him up, leaning his frail frame against her sturdier, though aged, body.
So, Clark is aging faster. Am still thinking Brutal Youth, just further down the road.

“Honey, I heard you on the phone with the kids last night. You still think that my dying is a result of that age sucking machine we dealt with so long ago,” he replied in a loving tone.
See?

“Did you…” She paused and shook her head in disbelief. “Did you just quote The Lord of the Rings?”
So, she also recognizes it. They have watched it enough times for it to still be relevant 50 years later. And she’s complaining about it? Seems like she’s just as much a fan as he is.

“Once I thought about all the implications, it was kind of terrifying. The thought of living, possibly forever, while I watched everyone I loved grow old and die…”
But he was aging normally at the time. Why would he assume he’d live longer than any other human on the planet? Dying of old age isn’t an external influence invulnerability would protect him from.

And somewhere, in the back of her mind, Clark answered with Gandalf’s voice. “No. No it isn’t.”
sad well-done sadness?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard